Your visit to the Wham Stadium 15th October 2022

Stanleyhouse

17 hours ago, Stanleyhouse said:

More than 3 and a half years since your last visit to the Wham Stadium, it's that time again when Ram's fans descend on our little corner of East Lancashire.

I'm Robert, the Supporter Liaison Officer at Stanley and if there's anything you need to know about your visit on Saturday, just ask here and I'll do my best to answer.

I have heard you got a new pub that home and away fans allowed in.

22 hours ago, Stanleyhouse said:

More than 3 and a half years since your last visit to the Wham Stadium, it's that time again when Ram's fans descend on our little corner of East Lancashire.

I'm Robert, the Supporter Liaison Officer at Stanley and if there's anything you need to know about your visit on Saturday, just ask here and I'll do my best to answer.

Last time we came up there you had a fans area with live music and cheap beer. Is that still there?

25 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

Any tips on parking?

No parking at the stadium. There is a local grass roots team who open their car park for a donation just 50 yards past the entrance to the stadium (BB5 5BX), get there by 2pm though. Otherwise all parking in Accrington is free, even in the town centre which is a 15 minute walk. There's plenty of parking in the streets near the stadium- no residents only parking. 

image.thumb.png.97d1ae8be879a0460f803f728dc9a187.png

I’m struggling to get my head around Wham being short for What More UK.

The owner isn’t daft, talks a lot of sense, especially when engaging with the EFL yet here he is taking 3 letters from the first word, 1 from the second to shorten his business name down to match that of a famous pop duo from the 80s.

Google Wham, see what page you finally get to What More UK.

What More isn’t particularly long that it needs shortening.

Coventry Building Society Stadium, University of Bolton Stadium, Brentford Community Stadium, Colchester Community Stadium…..need I go on?

Wham? Nah, as if the club didn’t have enough on trying to shake off the milk advert, now this, what next buying that Michael Jackson statue in storage off Fulham and sticking it outside.

1 hour ago, David said:

I’m struggling to get my head around Wham being short for What More UK.

The owner isn’t daft, talks a lot of sense, especially when engaging with the EFL yet here he is taking 3 letters from the first word, 1 from the second to shorten his business name down to match that of a famous pop duo from the 80s.

Google Wham, see what page you finally get to What More UK.

What More isn’t particularly long that it needs shortening.

Coventry Building Society Stadium, University of Bolton Stadium, Brentford Community Stadium, Colchester Community Stadium…..need I go on?

Wham? Nah, as if the club didn’t have enough on trying to shake off the milk advert, now this, what next buying that Michael Jackson statue in storage off Fulham and sticking it outside.

I see his point though - The Pepsi and Shirlie Stadium wouldn't have the same ring to it as just The Pepsi Stadium.