Stephen Pearce is a Ram

For the last 12+ months Stephen Pearce has had to endure a torrence of abuse. 

The one thing that sticks out for me is that he didn't just walk away from the mess MM made. He's stuck around to see the club get back on its feet, he's just got on with doing what needed to be done even though a big proportion of the support was singing his name to be removed from the club and he's now openly said he wants to stay and see the club be successful.

I think it's time we stop any abuse towards him and see him for what he actually is. He seems a good guy with our interests at heart and if we are to become a force again, he wants to be right behind us steering the ship.

MM must have been a nightmare to work with so for him to stay at the club during those years must say a lot about SP and what he thinks of DCFC.

Time we cut him some slack and probably appreciate what he's been through to get the club back to where it is now. 

I think that post the Administration notification and the materialisation of what MM had been up to, fans rightly or wrongly assumed that Stephen Pearce was complicit to MM’s misdemeanours. I think that people need to understand that SP was an employee and followed the directives of MM  - yes I accept that SP could and possibly maybe should have leaked what was going on, but for all we know he may have had to sign none disclosure contracts which were legally binding m. 
Anyway, the fact that Mr Clewes retains SP’s employment suggests that SP is very much valued by the owner and may not be the person that many assumed he was. 
We’ll probably never know the full details ,but if Mr Clewes values Stephen Pearce as a valuable member of the Clubs Management Team, then that’s good enough for me. ?? 

1 minute ago, Keepyuppy said:

I think that post the Administration notification and the materialisation of what MM had been up to, fans rightly or wrongly assumed that Stephen Pearce was complicit to MM’s misdemeanours. I think that people need to understand that SP was an employee and followed the directives of MM  - yes I accept that SP could and possibly maybe should have leaked what was going on, but for all we know he may have had to sign none disclosure contracts which were legally binding m. 
Anyway, the fact that Mr Clewes retains SP’s employment suggests that SP is very much valued by the owner and may not be the person that many assumed he was. 
We’ll probably never know the full details ,but if Mr Clewes values Stephen Pearce as a valuable member of the Clubs Management Team, then that’s good enough for me. ?? 

I wonder what Mr Clowes thinks? Keepyuppy or you will look clewless.

50 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

For the last 12+ months Stephen Pearce has had to endure a torrence of abuse. 

The one thing that sticks out for me is that he didn't just walk away from the mess MM made. He's stuck around to see the club get back on its feet, he's just got on with doing what needed to be done even though a big proportion of the support was singing his name to be removed from the club and he's now openly said he wants to stay and see the club be successful.

I think it's time we stop any abuse towards him and see him for what he actually is. He seems a good guy with our interests at heart and if we are to become a force again, he wants to be right behind us steering the ship.

MM must have been a nightmare to work with so for him to stay at the club during those years must say a lot about SP and what he thinks of DCFC.

Time we cut him some slack and probably appreciate what he's been through to get the club back to where it is now. 

I suspect they want rid of him, but he probably has a massive Payout if we do get rid. He’s not very well thought of within the club. It’s most likely not seen as an essential use of money to get rid of him. 

He was only obeying orders, eh?

Obviously he was useful to both the administration and the new ownership, but I'm not sure I'd completely excuse of dismiss his responsibilities under the Morris regime.

Have to trust the Clowes ownership if they're keeping him in post for now, and, obviously by doing so, they're not concerned by previous actions.

39 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

I suspect they want rid of him, but he probably has a massive Payout if we do get rid. He’s not very well thought of within the club. It’s most likely not seen as an essential use of money to get rid of him. 

I wouldn’t think so as the new DCFC are a different entity to the old one so I suspect any old contract died with that. 

52 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

Of course they want rid of him. What better way would there be for a new owner to achieve that than to appoint him as CEO.

For pity sake get real. DC is an experienced and successful businessman who has heavily invested in one of his passions - do you really think he would put someone he doesn't want in such a position of influence?

It's his appearances on the radio that make this take quite difficult to take particularly seriously tbh. I think he completely failed in his duty, aided in the misleading of fans as to the real nature of the situation and played a leading part in almost killing this club. But that's just my perspective having no insider knowledge on the situation. 

Edited by Leeds Ram

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

He was only obeying orders, eh?

Obviously he was useful to both the administration and the new ownership, but I'm not sure I'd completely excuse of dismiss his responsibilities under the Morris regime.

Have to trust the Clowes ownership if they're keeping him in post for now, and, obviously by doing so, they're not concerned by previous actions.

This. If as a Chief exec he did not know that amortisation, stadium ownership, looming administration, unwinabble court cases etc... was all very dodgy/reckless/borderline - take your pick or the lot - then I and many on this forum are well qualified to do the job too. May be he's just happy to pick up a fair wedge whatever is going on

I remember being at a fans forum when Frank was manager. Sitting there listening to Pearce and Morris assuring us there would be no issues with FFP. A couple of weeks later, we found out that Morris had bought the stadium. Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t Pearce on the board? He therefore must have voted in favour of everything Morris did.

Forgive me for having little sympathy for him.

Clowes made a point of specifically mentioning Pearce in the recent supporters AGM by saying along the lines of he has a point to prove following the amount of unfounded criticism that has been flung his way.

Nice to see Clowes not coming in with any preconceptions or prejudices, publicly supporting one of his staff whilst taking time to form his own balanced opinion on matters.