Stephen Pearce is a Ram

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

Clowes made a point of specifically mentioning Pearce in the recent supporters AGM by saying along the lines of he has a point to prove following the amount of unfounded criticism that has been flung his way.

Nice to see Clowes not coming in with any preconceptions or prejudices, publicly supporting one of his staff whilst taking time to form his own balanced opinion on matters.

Exactly. Unlike some supporters who seem to know everything that goes on behind the scenes. 

1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

It's his appearances on the radio that make this take quite difficult to take particularly seriously tbh. I think he completely failed in his duty, aided in the misleading of fans as to the real nature of the situation and played a leading part in almost killing this club. But that's just my perspective having no insider knowledge on the situation. 

I’d no idea what he looked like. Interesting photo. Bit like Peter Kay with an over grown toupee.

don’t know anything about him, no idea what input he had with MM or what influence he had. Never understood the abuse so never joined in. Just not in a position to judge as information is so sparse. If Our owner wants him onboard then that’s fine by me. 

1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

It's his appearances on the radio that make this take quite difficult to take particularly seriously tbh. I think he completely failed in his duty, aided in the misleading of fans as to the real nature of the situation and played a leading part in almost killing this club. But that's just my perspective having no insider knowledge on the situation. 

We may well have been if we paid the tax bill.

1 hour ago, SaffyRam said:

I remember being at a fans forum when Frank was manager. Sitting there listening to Pearce and Morris assuring us there would be no issues with FFP. A couple of weeks later, we found out that Morris had bought the stadium. Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t Pearce on the board? He therefore must have voted in favour of everything Morris did.

Forgive me for having little sympathy for him.

Was there anything wrong with buying the stadium?

44 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Was there anything wrong with buying the stadium?

What looking at it now or looking at it back then? 

The point made is that we asked the questions about FFP and we were lied to.. 

if your boss told you to lie you probably would unless it was against your morales. Personally I will wait to see what he does next but there’s a lot of evidence to point to that he didn’t help when he could. He’s Guilty till proven innocent. 

2 hours ago, Curtains said:

To be honest I still blame the EFL for what happened to Derby .

Stephen Pearce is ok with me 

Statement of affairs from Companies House.

The club owed £26million to HMRC, £20million to MSD Holdings, £15million to football and trade creditors of which £8.3 million was for players registrations and over £500,000 agents fees!

And you still blame the EFL for what happened at Derby County…….ye gods man!

9 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Statement of affairs from Companies House.

The club owed £26million to HMRC, £20million to MSD Holdings, £15million to football and trade creditors of which £8.3 million was for players registrations and over £500,000 agents fees!

And you still blame the EFL for what happened at Derby County…….ye gods man!

Absolutely 

3 hours ago, SaffyRam said:

I remember being at a fans forum when Frank was manager. Sitting there listening to Pearce and Morris assuring us there would be no issues with FFP. A couple of weeks later, we found out that Morris had bought the stadium. Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t Pearce on the board? He therefore must have voted in favour of everything Morris did.

Forgive me for having little sympathy for him.

Perhaps he said there were no issues with P&S BECAUSE the club had sold to stadium? ? 

Want to bring amortisation into it too? Every single practicing accountant involved in the case agreed in it being an acceptable policy. The EFL'S CFO actually said the policy is acceptable but comes with the risk of loading a big chunk of amortisation towards the end of a contract.

2 hours ago, Curtains said:

Absolutely 

HMRC = Covid laxity, who let that happen in our case ? 

MSD = Loan Sharks

Player registrations, trade creditors and agents = normal business risks 

Mel Morris = Gambler who suckered the above

EFL = Vindictive, flawed organisation with sub standard ethics and morality. Manipulated by self interested parties rather than being a neutral governing body 

Each one of all the above plays a part;  but the EFL had it in their power to greatly limit the damage. They didn’t and nor did they act in an even handed measured way, despite their protestations. 

5 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Of course they want rid of him. What better way would there be for a new owner to achieve that than to appoint him as CEO.

For pity sake get real. DC is an experienced and successful businessman who has heavily invested in one of his passions - do you really think he would put someone he doesn't want in such a position of influence?

Getting rid would be expensive. An expense that’s not necessarily essential now. 

1 minute ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Why would it ? Presumably employed by the new company on a different contract as the old one would be no longer valid. 

They would be transferred on the same terms. Companies get taken over all the time. It’s not fair on employees to loose all their continuous service etc

Edited by DCFC27

1 minute ago, DCFC27 said:

They would be transferred on the same terms. Companies get taken over all the time. It’s not fair on employees to loose all their continuous service etc

Depends on if he was made redundant previously and the terms of the contract.  He will not be on players wages so I doubt that would be prohibitive to DC if he really wanted to get rid . 

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Perhaps he said there were no issues with P&S BECAUSE the club had sold to stadium? ? 

Want to bring amortisation into it too? Every single practicing accountant involved in the case agreed in it being an acceptable policy. The EFL'S CFO actually said the policy is acceptable but comes with the risk of loading a big chunk of amortisation towards the end of a contract.

I’m an accountant and yes, I agree the amortisation was acceptable policy.

And yes, I’m sure they did say there’d be no issue because they knew they’d sold the stadium. Does that make it ok? Absolutely not. Look at all the problems selling the stadium caused. And it was only done because they knew they were going to break FFP.

Whilst I would never publicly show I don’t like him, I really don’t like him.

He’s a qualified accountant. He would have known more than anybody else, including Mel Morris, how dire the situation was. His role as CFO was to stop exactly what happened from happening.

If Mel went totally against what he advised then I’d fully expect him to walk out of the club in protest. He could have walked in to another job without any problems at all and the least he could do after it all went bang was sort out the mess.

I’ve worked in a PLC before where I’ve seen the Finance Director walk as they didn’t agree with underhand practices of the company which was forced from the shareholders.

There’s how many businesses that have got absolute peanuts in the pound from Derby as a result of what they did. Those responsible should not be allowed to be a director at another company again.

As I’ve said, I’ll never boo or do anything to cause a negative atmosphere, but he will never be a Ram to me. 

1 hour ago, jono said:

HMRC = Covid laxity, who let that happen in our case ? 

MSD = Loan Sharks

Player registrations, trade creditors and agents = normal business risks 

Mel Morris = Gambler who suckered the above

EFL = Vindictive, flawed organisation with sub standard ethics and morality. Manipulated by self interested parties rather than being a neutral governing body 

Each one of all the above plays a part;  but the EFL had it in their power to greatly limit the damage. They didn’t and nor did they act in an even handed measured way, despite their protestations. 

A bit harsh regarding MSD. What do you think would have happened if it hadn't been for them?

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Whilst I agree that everything should have been accepted and probably would have been if there was an accountant on the appeal panel, what would have been next?

The reality is the stadium sale would have saved us then, but what do we have left as a club? What was their plan for the next 3 years with no stadium left to sell?

There was zero planning or thought of long term financial stability.

6 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Clowes made a point of specifically mentioning Pearce in the recent supporters AGM by saying along the lines of he has a point to prove following the amount of unfounded criticism that has been flung his way.

Nice to see Clowes not coming in with any preconceptions or prejudices, publicly supporting one of his staff whilst taking time to form his own balanced opinion on matters.

Q went out of their way to praise him. DC is doing the same. Says a lot

I suspect Pearce regretted not pushing back against MM’s wilder ideas. Though if he had pushed back, he’d surely have been out on his ear.