Paul Warne appointed as Head Coach

Nuwtfly

1 hour ago, duncanjwitham said:

For me anyway, it’s not so much about Rosenior being sacked as the guy apparently replacing him.  IMO the root of all of the problems under Mel Morris was lurching between managers of differing styles every 5 minutes.  On the surface, it appears like we’re making exactly the same mistake again, barely a few months into Clowes ownership.

And if Warne is being bought in to play a complete different style to what he did at Rotherham, then that’s equally baffling.  Why appoint a manager in the expectation he’ll do the exact opposite of what he did at his previous club?

Maybe what he did at Rotherham was create a system to suit the players at his disposal?

3 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Of course there is room for improvement - we can all see that. However no one seems to be answering my question - whoever takes on the manager role, if we are still 7th in 9 league games time, will we be sacking them as well?

I replied to you question I think - with the answer you're not comparing apples with apples. 

Rosenoir was an interim so by definition was never a permanent fixture. Warne won't be.

So you can't compare the two scenario's as they're just not the same.

Surprised when I saw this earlier.

David has probably weighed it up and doesn't feel Liam is capable of taking us up without play off drama at the very least. Can't say as I disagree - I like Liam, he speaks well, but there has been a disconnect this season - we should be settling and finding form but it's gone backwards - too many games lately we have played for 45 minutes at best and not been at the races the other half. Our defending (despite a just about acceptable record overall) and scoring has been woeful due to the tactics/system used and that stops with him as he has said himself.

Played 9, won 4, drawn 2, lost 3 is a right mixed bag of results, and despite being a championship team on paper we don't seem to be showing that in this division at present. You could definitely see someone with a bit more knowledge coming in, shaping them and getting a more convincing defensive line up, more effective supply chain, and Collins as he should be netting regularly.

I think Liam has probably just been offered his old job back for now, he is under contract for that so that's why we're not saying he's gone. I imagine he is weighing up his options as he seems pretty consciencious. Rare that anyone ever makes that back step though (Wassall obviously excepted) so I can't see him swallowing his pride and staying.

Might get a job opening soon, but more likely I can see him joining a backroom team such as Brighton again. Hudderfield and Cardiff seem a bit of a stretch given his experience.

As for Warne it's never boring is it. They've been a different division every year since he joined in 2016. Does seem to know how to get promoted, and might like the opportunity to work with a bit more if he thinks he can get us up, rather than losing his best players on Bosmans each year, he could build on them.

He does seem to know how to pick up strikers and bargains which he has going for him. His squad seems like a decent age and is overachieving for saying I've only heard of a handful of players. Not much of a record with youngsters but maybe that's Rotherham's academy not producing.

From his own mouth his defenders don't take risks, he doesn't play out from goal kicks, they just try to put crosses in and get the ball to a target man up front. They are physical and look to captalise on set pieces as often as possible. Maybe that's what we need. I do think the current personnel fits that ethos.

17 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Not impatience, it’s seeing the same thing happening like it has for too long. 

A whole 9 games (and not even on all of those presumably)?  Will the new guy get so few games to determine whether he’s up to it or not?

Edited by LazloW

8 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Ah yes the famously sustainable Brighton. They've only lost about £300 million since being in the prem and posted a £39 million loss in their last championship season. They were on the same trajectory as us spending wise but managed to succeed where we failed. They are not a sustainable club though.

Absolutely, and don't forget the circa £200m spent on stadium and training ground of which the club have thus far paid zero. Approximately £400m down over the last 15 years, sustainable ???

34 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

Good shout but who is making the football decisions? Apart from Clowes and Pearce who else is on the Board, Roy Mac?

RoyMac5 or the real Roy Mac or are they the same? Good point but I am sure when they invited the fans in DC said he was getting people in who knew how to run a football club also that they were undertaking a review of the whole club and then making decisions based upon their findings. This may be one of those findings.

19 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Not impatience, it’s seeing the same thing happening like it has for too long. 

How many must the next manager win out of 9 games to be worth keeping? Its all about opinions so people rarely change. I just think if owners were as impatient as some fans then Brian Clough and Jim Smith would have been sacked before they'd done oat here.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Was it?

Our line up on Saturday was completely scattergun compared to what we had seen before. 

It certainly didn't click 4 days previously at Lincoln either.

Started to click that well that it took a total change in shape, a double substitution, 2 wingers playing as emergency wing backs for it to finally click......

13 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I replied to you question I think - with the answer you're not comparing apples with apples. 

Rosenoir was an interim so by definition was never a permanent fixture. Warne won't be.

So you can't compare the two scenario's as they're just not the same.

Even the players all commented on how they saw LR as the boss. However the question still stands, LR for whatever reason hasn’t been regarded as good enough with a 58% win record with a 7th position. Would you want a new manager (interim or perm) sacked if that’s their record after 9 league games?

Had a beer and thought about this more.

This change doesn't make sense to me. Many of the new players from their interviews wanted to sign for the club because of Liam. We needed some continuity desperately and the timing of this is completely off. Granted, we all know how shocking our away form has been for years. Rosenior is partly to blame for that. He needed half a season to prove himself and this feels like a very unnecessary risk. Team cohesion still needs to be worked on, this is a brand new squad. Another silly hurdle that I don't think needed to be added at this time.

I'm not thrilled put it that way.

Edited by SSD

2 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

How many must the next manager win out of 9 games to be worth keeping? Its all about opinions so people rarely change. I just think if owners were as impatient as some fans then Brian Clough and Jim Smith would have been sacked before they'd done oat here.

LR has been involved since July 2019. 

The whole coaching set up needs evaluating, not just the manager. 

2 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Even the players all commented on how they saw LR as the boss. However the question still stands, LR for whatever reason hasn’t been regarded as good enough with a 58% win record with a 7th position. Would you want a new manager (interim or perm) sacked if that’s their record after 9 league games?

Rosenoir wasn't sacked though.