Conor Hourihane

Poynton ram

5 minutes ago, taggy180 said:

Knight is our new Craig Bryson like a new signing. and ain't it great to see the Connor hourihane from the Barnsley part of his career come back to life. That second goal was quality just like his goal against Cheltenham 

And just think, if we still had Rosenior in charge Knight would be stuck and wasted at right back. Like a large majority called for, Smith at right back and put Knight further forward would be like a new signing.

I have been critical of CH. I also feel compelled to say fair play -  his recent performances have been so much better and he’s been so much more effective. It shows what a balanced midfield can do for you. knight Bird and Hourihane would be a decent midfield in the Championship. 

Our kryptonite previously was those teams a la Rotherham that played hoofball which leads me to think that if as the song says we “come straight back up” then we are well equipped now to beat theses teams as we battle for everything now. exciting times 

11 hours ago, norwichram said:

Our kryptonite previously was those teams a la Rotherham that played hoofball which leads me to think that if as the song says we “come straight back up” then we are well equipped now to beat theses teams as we battle for everything now. exciting times 

We are now a team not afraid of the fight. Something that has alluded us for a long time. 

I felt and believed there was an arrogance about our club under Mel. It translated in to how we played, almost felt we believed the ugly stuff was beneath us. 

Anyway, back to Hourihane. Knight has freed him. An excellent midfield combo. All of our midfield are too good for this league but the great thing is, you don't see an arrogance. You see a determination to win.

24 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

We are now a team not afraid of the fight. Something that has alluded us for a long time. 

I felt and believed there was an arrogance about our club under Mel. It translated in to how we played, almost felt we believed the ugly stuff was beneath us. 

Anyway, back to Hourihane. Knight has freed him. An excellent midfield combo. All of our midfield are too good for this league but the great thing is, you don't see an arrogance. You see a determination to win.

First bit here is so true. We are now equipped to win games other than when the sun is out and the opposition is soft.

Warne set his stall out early when he stated that if you didn’t run then you wouldn’t play. Almost sounds like Sunday league mentality but it really does work when you have quality that is willing to work damn hard. 

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

First bit here is so true. We are now equipped to win games other than when the sun is out and the opposition is soft.

Warne set his stall out early when he stated that if you didn’t run then you wouldn’t play. Almost sounds like Sunday league mentality but it really does work when you have quality that is willing to work damn hard. 

"First of all you have to win the right to play your football" (or words to that effect) - King Arthur Cox.

15 hours ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

And just think, if we still had Rosenior in charge Knight would be stuck and wasted at right back. Like a large majority called for, Smith at right back and put Knight further forward would be like a new signing.

It's always good to celebrate another win by pointlessly slagging off a former manager.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I feared for Conor when he was taken off before half time vs Fleetwood. 

I couldn't see a way back for him, I felt it was disrespectful for Warne to make the change then, rather than wait until half time. Humiliating, and unnecessary. 

He could have sulked, but instead he's got his head down, worked his socks off and shown how valuable he can be in recent weeks, I think he's been one of our best players in this run.

Well done to him.

1 minute ago, Rev said:

I feared for Conor when he was taken off before half time vs Fleetwood. 

I couldn't see a way back for him, I felt it was disrespectful for Warne to make the change then, rather than wait until half time. Humiliating, and unnecessary. 

He could have sulked, but instead he's got his head down, worked his socks off and shown how valuable he can be in recent weeks, I think he's been one of our best players in this run.

Well done to him.

This new formation is suiting himdown to the ground. His winning back of the ball has been exceptional in the last two games.