Conor Hourihane

Poynton ram

Conor is much better than what hes showing, maybe hes struggling with the style of play. Look at james collins, he scored 25 the last time he played in league one and won the league one player of the year award yet hardly ever looks like scoring for us. 

1 minute ago, mr kia said:

Conor is much better than what hes showing, maybe hes struggling with the style of play. Look at james collins, he scored 25 the last time he played in league one and won the league one player of the year award yet hardly ever looks like scoring for us. 

As it's not working do you think Rosenior is surprised by the way they want to play then?

Him and Bird are an awful midfield combination. Need to play Knight in there with him or even Thompson, Smith when fit is also a better option than Bird. The more I watch Bird play the more puzzled I become at his inclusion in the staring 11.  Saturdays midfield will be an interesting call for Rosie. If he sticks with them and things do not pan out well he will have to defend the decision to the fans. 

3 yellow cards already, like mentioned before he's more suited in Sibleys position. He's no box to box midfielder. Play Rooney and bird with hourihane or mcgoldrick Infront of them against Wycombe. Can't see lr moving knight to midfield unless 3 at the back and nml has wing back 

Hourihane Is the best player we have, if we are going to change the midfield how anyone would rather play backwards Bird  instead of him is beyond me. I understand the rose tinted glasses because he’s an academy player but he creates nothing,  Hourihane does. Build the midfield around Connor, get Knights legs in there and things will change. 

55 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Hourihane Is the best player we have, if we are going to change the midfield how anyone would rather play backwards Bird  instead of him is beyond me. I understand the rose tinted glasses because he’s an academy player but he creates nothing,  Hourihane does. Build the midfield around Connor, get Knights legs in there and things will change. 

Ever considered that due to him being isolated in the middle?

The wingers push high, the AM plays almost as a CF, and Hourihane wants to play LM

37 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Ever considered that due to him being isolated in the middle?

The wingers push high, the AM plays almost as a CF, and Hourihane wants to play LM

Not really, Bird had a semi decent season last year but hasn’t improved really overall in the past 3 years. He creates very little unfortunately and for a CM he needs that in his bag. If the real issue is we can’t play Bird and Hourihane together then it’s Bird who should miss out IMO anyway (it’s all subjective of course).

I do agree on the AM though, however I would rather play a 2 up top anyway than 1 with 1 behind.