Conor Hourihane

Poynton ram

16 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

The only Rams player in the EFL League One team of the year….

Odd team. Stinks of someone picking a team without actually watching games.

Keeper been injured since Jan.

LB in at CB

CB at LB (who has barely played 50% of the games this season)

Chaplin, an AM, selected at LW

Collins, who predominantly plays LW, CF and occasionally at AM, selected at RW

Clarke-Harris, a CF, selected at AM

Windlass supposedly the best CF in the league? Arguably not even the best CF at Sheff Weds

No point getting too hung up on teams of the season etc. every team will have players they believe should be in it. Hourihane has had a good season but IMO he shouldn’t be in the team and McGoldrick should be. But like I say it’s not that important.

I imagine it’s not a perfect science, you get a couple of players from each of the top three which fills in half of your 11 then it’s not leaving too much room for the rest. Hourihane has been an easy target at times but I think there’s mitigating factors to why that is (mainly that Bird is seen as a golden child). Thing is, if they can’t fit McGoldrick in (and they can’t not put in Clarke-Harris and Chaplin stat wise, and by all accounts Windass has had a very good season) then I don’t know who that player you could put in to represent Derby other than Hourihane? Cashin or Foz over who went in doesn’t seem quite right?

Let’s be right it’s just a bit of PR for the EFL

10 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Odd team. Stinks of someone picking a team without actually watching games.

Keeper been injured since Jan.

LB in at CB

CB at LB (who has barely played 50% of the games this season)

Chaplin, an AM, selected at LW

Collins, who predominantly plays LW, CF and occasionally at AM, selected at RW

Clarke-Harris, a CF, selected at AM

Windlass supposedly the best CF in the league? Arguably not even the best CF at Sheff Weds

Who cares, let’s get in the playoffs 

10 hours ago, Gaspode said:

The only Rams player in the EFL League One team of the year….

Proves @B4ev6is conspiracy theory correct, think it’s time we all apologised. Why would only one player get named in the EFL team of the season and not 11? Shocking.

23 minutes ago, David said:

Proves @B4ev6is conspiracy theory correct, think it’s time we all apologised. Why would only one player get named in the EFL team of the season and not 11? Shocking.

Well deserved by Conor.  
Super player for us. 
Vital to our chances of promotion 

PS B4 is our cheerleader.

Come on you Rams  

Edited by Curtains
Added

11 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

I imagine it’s not a perfect science, you get a couple of players from each of the top three which fills in half of your 11 then it’s not leaving too much room for the rest. Hourihane has been an easy target at times but I think there’s mitigating factors to why that is (mainly that Bird is seen as a golden child). Thing is, if they can’t fit McGoldrick in (and they can’t not put in Clarke-Harris and Chaplin stat wise, and by all accounts Windass has had a very good season) then I don’t know who that player you could put in to represent Derby other than Hourihane? Cashin or Foz over who went in doesn’t seem quite right?

Let’s be right it’s just a bit of PR for the EFL

Hourihane and Bannan seem to have been picked based on total goal contributions - they top the list for CMS.

The forwards? Similar: Clarke-Harris (29), Chaplain and Collins (27), but then you have Windass (18).
McGoldrick (27), Bishop (23), May, Nombe, Brown and Rak-Sakyi (21) the others with over 20 contributions. Rak-Sakyi is the only right sided winger out of all these players yet doesn't get in the team?

As you say, if Chaplin and Clarke-Harris are in based on stats (goals/assists?), then McGoldrick should be there too, especially when they choose one of them as an AM and the other as a winger.

For comparison, here's the Whoscored TOTS:

image.thumb.png.0b77c264f53d78847b27429c037fca51.png

Congratulations Conor of course, but seems an odd inclusion to me.

Think he’s been over criticised by some fans, and has had a good season overall - there have been spells where his productivity in terms of goals and assists has been excellent. But he’s had too many poor performances in between those spells to be anywhere near the conversation for TOTY in my view.

How Cashin and McGoldrick aren’t in there instead I don’t know.