Derby County v Wycombe Wanderers H Matchday Thread

archram

44 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Very attacking subs, but I don't understand how/why Hourihane is staying on. He doesn't have the legs for a whole game. Does Chester have legs for a whole game too? Odd to bring two of your more youthful players off first.

Radio Derby says we haven't taken any of the daft (my words) short goalkicks this game.

Eating crow now I guess

Fair play Liam. I gave you stick over last few days.

Big result out the bag. 7th and nice break now, get Smith back and Chester fully fit.

Chester always going to be an important player. ?

Not often you see a tactical change yield such resounding and immediate benefits. The switch to a back three and a more active midfield was quite literally transformational asnf I think Liam has answered his critics in the best way possible. I'm 'absolutely delighted' for him and I'm sure all those who have spent the week slating him, will now give credit where it's due. Don't worry,  

Not one but 3 standouts today, Barks is a serious player and seems to be settling in really well. Hourihane is a maverick with a magic left peg, pure class today. But for me, the MOTM goes to an unheralded and unsung hero. Joe Wildsmith, take a bow son. That was a performance of which Mart Poom would have been proud.

COYR

4 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Genuine question how much is that due to the balance…ie knight adding legs to the equation and how much is the player 

What im saying is bird / knight or CH and knight

me LR has to make the call and decide whoch he goes with but knight has to be in that midfield and u pick one of bird or ch.. or use accordingly 

It was Bird and Hourihane when things well after 20 mins up until Bird came off 10 minutes into the 2nd half.

It then continued to work when we changed personnel around, including Knight at DM with Hourihane

12 minutes ago, MK-Ram said:

Delighted to beat Wycombe of all teams.

Embarrassing goal to concede, but two sweet strikes by Hourihane to saved the day.  NML completely changed the game.

McGoldrick and Collins both poor, tactics completely missing.

McGoldrick and Collins both poor?  Were you watching the same game?

3 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Genuine question how much is that due to the balance…ie knight adding legs to the equation and how much is the player 

What im saying is bird / knight or CH and knight

me LR has to make the call and decide whoch he goes with but knight has to be in that midfield and u pick one of bird or ch.. or use accordingly 

Hourihane is a far bigger goal threat than Bird and a genuine match winner.

Bird isn’t a Bielik type. As you say, he needs legs around him but even then, I don’t think he is as creative as Hourihane.

McGoldrick was better as a 10 too.

I think the three at the back gets our better players in their best positions. NML and Bark can play wingbacks. Hourihane and Knight central midfield. McGoldrick and Sibley as roaming number 10s. Collins as the central striker.

2 minutes ago, MickD said:

McGoldrick and Collins both poor?  Were you watching the same game?

McGoldrick had a couple of flash moments but 99% of his first touches saw the ball bounce off him, with many of his passes completely astray.  For a forward, his shots were almost passes to the keeper.

Collins didn't really seem to stick to position. Made a very good tackle at one point, but overall wasn't impressed.  Couldn't see the player that was at Luton, Swindon etc.

3 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Just beaten last years play off finalists and we are 7th in the league after being saved, and with all the changes at this club, and some folk still choose to whinge and moan.

DCFC Life, Love & Unity.

Time for a celebratory The Wedding Present beer greyskiesbrew.co

6FF64082-105D-404A-8917-2575CD7221CB.jpeg

A whinge and a moan, a carp and complain, a gripe at the team cos we're losing.... we'll all be bitter again... ?