Matchday Thread - Fleetwood Town v Derby County (20/08 15:00)

Ghost of Clough

4 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

what serious questions need to be asked? Seriously 

How despite the amount of possession we’ve had have we only scored 3 goals all season? 1 game I’d put down to bad luck but it’s 5. 

27 shots today, 13 against Shrewsbury. 40 shots in two games and not 1 goal to show for it. 

if you don’t score you don’t win, we won’t be promoted in the first couple of months of the season but the longer we can’t score the more points we will need to chase. 

we 100% should have gotten 6 points out of the last 2 games. They need to look at why we haven’t and sort it.

8 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

Overall feeling today: incredibly frustrated not to score, feels like a loss to be so dominant and come away with a point. I'd have sighed some relief at a score draw, at least get a monkey off our back that way. I'll be chilled if sort this out next away game, will be pretty concerning if we repeat again. For instance if we continue to chalk up 10-15 corners every away game and get no goals, you start to have to ask questions if it is just luck, or you're not doing enough to force it in.

If it makes you feel any better, over the past 10 seasons of Premier League football, only 3.4% of corners result in a goal. So even if we were matching the best teams in the country, we perhaps could only expect a goal from a corner once every 3 or 4 games with an average of 12 corners, if that makes you feel better.

Edited by Duracell

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Why out of the dozens of chances we have created in the last three away games have none been scored? I don't think it's unreasonable to ask that. You can question our scoring ability without going mental and asking for Rosenior to be sacked or for Collins to be publicly flogged in the middle of the shopping centre.

Exactly. Some people on here think that those being critical are overreacting. They are not calling for the managers head, nor or they being melodramatic. They are asking legitimate questions based on the very obvious observation that we do no score enough for all the neat and tidy possession that we are currently enjoying. That seems more than fair to me.

23 minutes ago, Charliegeorge1962 said:

5 games, dominated 5 games but only 8 PTS from 15.

Says it all really -certainly not looking like a side capable of promotion.

I'd be far more concerned if we were struggling to get a foothold in games and creating chances. Hopefully the goals will start to come soon.

Do not know the reasons why we did not keep Kazim, would he have scored a couple or more in the last 5 games, his prescence would have had an effect on the defenders, would love to have him in the Derby team in Leage 1, and yes it is frustrating listening to radio Derby with all the chances we had, and reading your write ups on here.

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

Same old tedious trend after a match that if you dare ask anything remotely divisive then you immediately are branded hysterical or negative.

Bore off. 

Did you get that mixed up?   I could understand what you are saying if you swap divisive and negative…. It’s ok to be negative, but I am not sure what is to be gained by being divisive though.

28 minutes ago, cosmic said:

More concerned with the inevitable over reaction that’s coming from the fan base. We did everything right today, just zero luck. Another day we’d have bagged a handful. 

And how many times over the past couple of years have people said that?

If we had done everything right, we'd have won wouldn't we?

2 minutes ago, SirBrian said:

Do not know the reasons why we did not keep Kazim, would he have scored a couple or more in the last 5 games, his prescence would have had an effect on the defenders, would love to have him in the Derby team in Leage 1, and yes it is frustrating listening to radio Derby with all the chances we had, and reading your write ups on here.

CKR never seemed to stay long at a club and probably would've decided he was on his way anyway.

But yes, he'd have been ahving a field day in league 1.

We're a class above these teams in our division. Dominating the games, creating chances. We're 90% there in my opinion which for a team built in 6/7 weeks in great going. Definitely have the fight against these lesser teams, need the luck to turn. 20+ shots, the odds will go in our favour if we keep that kind of pressure on.

If we weren't in the games and struggled to get on the ball I'd be concerned. Collins will eventually score. Steve Howard took a few games to settle in before he scored plenty. 

Keep it up, I think we're one of the favourites for promotion.

Another away day that we dominated but didn't finish the job off. They were a big, robust side though and threw their bodies on the line several times.

On another day we'd have taken all 3pts at a canter. First time I've seen a team where it seemed the goalkeeper was their smallest player. That was definitely appeared the case 1st half.

Edited by Steve How Hard?