Matchday Thread - Mansfield Town v Derby County (09/08 19:45)

Ghost of Clough

We won! Let’s all argue about our opinions on players that have only played a handful of matches for us!

Yay! I’ve missed football.

For context, both Charlton and Oxford have gone to penalties against championship opposition so we can hopefully understand a bit more of the level of opposition we’ve faced so far.

Just now, Nyderby said:

Lol even the announcers were commenting on how poor Collins was

Seriously? The announcer at the ground or do you mean the radio Derby team? If it the former, I find it very hard to believe. If it’s the latter, come on get your act together. They’re not the announcers ?

1 minute ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Good win.  Cloughie would have had the stags fired up and wouldn’t have wanted to lose so was always likely to be a bit tricky.  Good to have some strength on the bench to bring on.

Away win too, which was important after Saturday.

We were competitive Saturday. Could easily have won. We just need to keep that mentality whether we win or not. 

I'd like to think we were a bit more resilient than needing immediate results..... 

1 minute ago, Nyderby said:

Apologies for expecting a forward to not bottle every chance he's given. 

There’s a guy who sits near me in an 1884 shirt. Every time a player tries something and it doesn’t quite come off .. out comes the “rubbish” or “useless” 

if we play cautiously its “attack you idiot” if we go for it its “no patience, stop rushing” 

don’t apologise, we are what we are, but your idea of support doesn’t follow the same parameters as mine.

Oh and “bottle it” tends to mean lack of courage or even cowardice. Perhaps you might consider the sort of terminology you use towards players, who are after all, are on your own team. ??‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Nyderby said:

Apologies for expecting a forward to not bottle every chance he's given. 

He’s had chances, yes plural, cleared off the line, hit the post and now had one disallowed for off-side.  That’s nothing to do with bottling it.  Howard, Hulse, Martin all had slow starts.

4 minutes ago, Nyderby said:

If you’re referring to Jamie Ward on RD I think you might find he was saying it in jest and bemoaning his luck rather than serious criticism.

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Seriously? The announcer at the ground or do you mean the radio Derby team? If it the former, I find it very hard to believe. If it’s the latter, come on get your act together. They’re not the announcers ?

Ramstv crew. "He's not scoring for Derby". 

2 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

He’s had chances, yes plural, cleared off the line, hit the post and now had one disallowed for off-side.  That’s nothing to do with bottling it.  Howard, Hulse, Martin all had slow starts.

If you’re referring to Jamie Ward on RD I think you might find he was saying it in jest and bemoaning his luck rather than serious criticism.

Right. But there's truth in humor and clearly he's not making a good impression

Just now, FlyBritishMidland said:

Yes, I think he was bing tongue in cheek, and self effacing of his opinion (a reverse psychology thing if you like) to make a goal happen when he said we would not score for derby tonight, rather than that being his opinion, I heard no negativity toward Collins on Radio derby at all…

5 minutes ago, Nyderby said:

Pathetic comment. You must have been listening to a different commentary to me then ... but you were criticising the player for yourself and perhaps looking for non-existent agreement from the Radio Derby commentary team.