Lewis Dobbin

Heisenberg

2 hours ago, Turk Thrust said:

Yep. From the old expression “Life is meat and potatoes, and the luxuries are gravy” so  the modern phrase “different gravy” means a standard is so high that comparison with anything is pointless. 

Perhaps he should have said different potatoes.

Went out for a drink last night with a mate who's an Everton fan.  Asked him about Dobbin.

Fast, impact sub, last 20 minutes, blah blah.  Sounded impressive.

Then he said 'but he couldn't even get himself picked in front of Rondon'

I think this is called being damned with faint praise!

13 hours ago, Ram Logan Josh said:

Went out for a drink last night with a mate who's an Everton fan.  Asked him about Dobbin.

Fast, impact sub, last 20 minutes, blah blah.  Sounded impressive.

Then he said 'but he couldn't even get himself picked in front of Rondon'

I think this is called being damned with faint praise!

Jeeeeezus. He's 19! 

31 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Not overly impressed yet .

What would impress you? You do realise we’re in League 1 and not going to be blessed with a team of Ronaldos and Messis. He has also been here 5 minutes, not had much first team football and is probably just getting to know people. I suggest giving him a chance.

Frustrated Keyboard GIF

Edited by LazloW

2 hours ago, LazloW said:

What would impress you? You do realise we’re in League 1 and not going to be blessed with a team of Ronaldos and Messis. He has also been here 5 minutes, not had much first team football and is probably just getting to know people. I suggest giving him a chance.

Frustrated Keyboard GIF

Give someone a chance - come on - you know 20% of our fan base expect instant impacts and 5-0 wins every game now as they've forgotten four weeks ago. Some of these fans are sadly on this forum.

Think it's fair to say he's probably not going to be the sort of loan signing where you sub on him on and he's a game-changer, scoring spectacular goals out of nothing to win you tight games. (Ibe/Bamford/Wilson/Ince style)

More of a steady contribution across the season style of loan, with a few 'flatters to deceive' appearances along the way but improving as he goes.

Think maybe some are expecting the former rather than the latter but perhaps that's the difference between League One loans and Championship loans.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

1 hour ago, Magicman said:

NML has,  so has Barkhuzien .... just not seen anything in his outings to suggest otherwise ok.

I think what most of us are trying to say is were lucky to be playing football were lucky to be attracting great free signings were lucky to get quality loans probably as a favour from an old manager. and we need to give the lad some leeway till he settles in to the club and you jump on his back after 10 minutes and say he doesn't impress you . I was hoping we might all get behind club players now . stop all backbiting and accept that were going to need time to settle find our feet and stop and think before running players manager and everything else down. that's why I do not post often it gets to me with attitudes. we could have been in non league without David Clowes.

enough said.