Lewis Dobbin

Heisenberg

2 hours ago, Srg said:

Interview he says he doesn’t have a position and can play anywhere across the front. 

He’s played on the left the most though, and that’s where we’re lacking the most, so I strongly suspect he’ll feature there predominantly. Most wingers can play either side though of course, albeit with different styles (cutting inside / getting to the by-line). Seems he’s played up front a bit as well, so might be an option to move there if we go two up top, most likely within a game.

2 hours ago, roboto said:

He’s all right foot in his highlight video from the first page. If he plays out left he will be cutting inside the whole time.

That’s exactly what I mean. The modern way to play wingers is to invert them, so they provide a greater goal threat to support the lone striker. Dobbin seems well suited to LW in a 4-3-3.

9 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

He’s played 23 games on the left and only 6 on the right. Not watched the highlights reel, as I feel they’re not usually entirely reflective of a player.

In the 3 minute highlight reel I watched, it took him a minute and a half before he passed it to one of his own players or had a shot on target. I'm hoping my Youtube judgement of him isn't representative.

2 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

He will play most games. The forward positions are the ones that get subbed the most. I would imagine starts in the cups and on the bench for league games but he will play a lot. 

I agree, run the opposition defence ragged, swap things around and run them ragged some more.

He’ll start off on the bench and will probably get his chance in the Pizza cup, if he’s as good as Everton fans seem to think and will rip it up then expect he’ll be starting relatively soon. We’re light in wide areas so signing him, if we get Oko-Flex, Robertson and then another RB and GK then I think this squad is in a very good place and certainly one that should be challenging top 6 and promotion.

12 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Good Actuaries check the stats ?

Hang on a minute my actuarial friend. You said he was a naturally left side attacker. The stats you offered don't confirm that. They actually suggest he has played 55% of his games in a position other than left wing. Based on his YouTube montage I reckon if you took away his right foot there is some risk that he would fall over.