Lewis Dobbin

Heisenberg

5 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Hang on a minute my actuarial friend. You said he was a naturally left side attacker. The stats you offered don't confirm that. They actually suggest he has played 55% of his games in a position other than left wing. Based on his YouTube montage I reckon if you took away his right foot there is some risk that he would fall over. 

Ah but this means he is a naturally left sided attacker. Because if he is on the left side, his right foot will be more central to the goal than if he is on the right side. 

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Well this is an exciting one, not that the others haven't been. Can't say I know too much about him but my Everton pals say he's highly rated.

Dare I say it, but Bielik aside, we seem to be putting together a better balanced side than we had for much of last season. 

My Liverpool-supporting neighbour told me Andre Wisdom was 'different gravy'. I took it to mean he was exceptionally good.

42 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

My Liverpool-supporting neighbour told me Andre Wisdom was 'different gravy'. I took it to mean he was exceptionally good.

He was on loan when his confidence was high .  20 appearances for Liverpool the year before , new contract , Captain of England u21's.  When we signed him permanent - two failed loans with hardly a game at the arse end of the prem and a season of sauntering in the Austrian league.

On 04/08/2022 at 16:03, 86 Hair Islands said:

Well this is an exciting one, not that the others haven't been. Can't say I know too much about him but my Everton pals say he's highly rated.

Dare I say it, but Bielik aside, we seem to be putting together a better balanced side than we had for much of last season. 

I’ve seen several Everton fan comments. As you say, they all rate him. Some saying he should have stayed and should be playing up front for them which sounds pretty unequivocal. 

6 minutes ago, Ewetube said:

I hope there's no recall clause so we don't have the Jordan Ibe 1 situation again.

Interesting point seeing as Calvert-Lewin's made of tissue and Tosun and Richarlison have gone....so they are criminally short up front at the moment.

Edited by Chester40

On 04/08/2022 at 17:58, Phoenix said:

Yep. From the old expression “Life is meat and potatoes, and the luxuries are gravy” so  the modern phrase “different gravy” means a standard is so high that comparison with anything is pointless.