Matchday Thread friendly V Bradford (A) 9th July 15:00

3 hours ago, Magicman said:

Yep he has not earn't more minutes either has he by your own statement underwhelming !

Honestly Mr Magic you really are perverse. I guess you think it’s feisty or clever. ? Edicts and snap judgements followed by combative playground ripostes to considered arguments. Hey have your opinion, like all of us you’re entitled to it; but the way you argue and discuss, seems to me; despite your 50 years watching football, pretty juvenile. The replies you get reflect that. 

29 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Kwaku Oduroh looked promising at RB. I'd offer Fozzy a contract tomorrow. Ryan Glover could deffo be one for the U21s... take or leave the others on today's performance. It is only our first friendly though.

21 minutes ago, Magicman said:

RB ex from Man City 7/10  

Wide - Ryan Glover  7/10 

CB   Jake Rooney 6/10 

CMF  Kevin MacDonald 4/10 

The first 3 are worthy of deals especially if we are losing Bryne at RB. 

18 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Craig Forsyth needs a new contract

Ex man city impressed me.

Thanks for reviews/feedback on the trialists as I didn't manage to watch the game. 

Sounds like Oduroh and Glover are exciting prospects who may be worth giving a deal too. Especially Oduroh is we don't currently have a senior right back.

That was pretty all right. For saying quite a few of the players have hardly had time to say hello to each other, they did all right, especially the first half eleven. They looked very promising, and showed a desire to get the thig forwards and have a go, despite the obvious penchant to play it out from the back. There may be an element with some of them of having to learn how to do it, and at times it seemed they wanted to keep on doing it all afternoon, but overall the team were quite positive. Sibley did well, especially as he was yet again played out of position, and would have laid the first goal on for Barkhousen if it hadn't been deflected. And we got a bit of luck with the ball falling to the lethal Fozzy!!!

YEs we struggled in the second half, as it was more a case of boys against men. the second half team had obviously had even less time to say hello, probably only getting as far as the first "l", and most of the Bradford team were unchanged at the start of the second half. In addition, they were much more aggressive in the second half, and truly looked like a Mark Hughes team. And the ref was Mr Madley, which explains the Derby booking for virtually no contact, and nothing for a torrent of heavy challenges towards the end from Bradford. So the match officials are going to show consistency, are they? Oh well . With that in mind, for the second set of players to keep the score at 2 - 0 was good work, I think.

I have no criticisms of the players - mistakes and sloppy passes are because this was the first match of pre-season. And I will stand up for Jack Stretton. He hardly got a sniff because we struggled to get out of our half. I am just as frustrated with Jack as many on here, but for different reasons. When he got his first matches he looked sharp, and knew where to be as a striker, which is where his first goal came from. Then, without a drop in form, he was gone, disappeared from sight, and fed only a few scraps of cameos and subs appearances on rare occasions, and had clearly contracted Sibleyitis. He suffered rom Derby County referees disease several times, with clear WWF tactics used on him, which are apparently allowed with the regulations, according to our Bobby. So no surprise he didn't end the match with 27 goals.

I am really hoping that both Sibley and Stretton get a fair chance in their best positions before the jury retire to consider their verdict. And although today was only really about match fitness, there was plenty out on the pitch to be encouraged about.

4 hours ago, California Ram. said:

Some fascinating clues today - Mendez-Laing and Barkhuizen strong in their first games. However, still feels like we need an experienced striker.

We have a volume of centre backs (Davies, Cashin, Stearman, Chester, Roberts), but weak at full back - with Byrne’s absence the biggest challenge - - interesting to see Roberts play half an hour at left back. 

Wildsmith looks a good keeper but needs to get used to our ‘play it from the back’ philosophy. 

and can we get Fozzy a contract pls. 

Tbf to him us supporters are all still coming to terms with cocu’s/rooney/roseniors t*** about at the back with it and do everything we can to gift wrap them a golden chance/straight goal

13 minutes ago, jono said:

Honestly Mr Magic you really are perverse. I guess you think it’s feisty or clever. ? Edicts and snap judgements followed by combative playground ripostes to considered arguments. Hey have your opinion, like all of us you’re entitled to it; but the way you argue and discuss, seems to me; despite your 50 years watching football, pretty juvenile. The replies you get reflect that. 

He’s not a thinker that’s for sure.

56 minutes ago, angieram said:

I had a great time today in the sunshine at Bradford.

Little bit surprised to come back to another poster slagging off young players on here.

Such a shame after the wonderful atmosphere at the game! 

I suppose it's a consolation that at least you're not there barracking the players.

You were never in the sunshine every time it got near you you moved back up the stand?

2 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Tbf to him us supporters are all still coming to terms with cocu’s/rooney/roseniors t*** about at the back with it and do everything we can to gift wrap them a golden chance/straight goal

This is 1st preseason game of the season give the man a freaking break will you and looking at different things.

8 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

This is 1st preseason game of the season give the man a freaking break will you and looking at different things.

Please read again what i said b4, im having a playful jibe at the way weve insisted on playing this suicide football out from the back under the last 3 managers not the player himself.