Matchday Thread friendly V Bradford (A) 9th July 15:00

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

I don’t like to get carried away, but a good few of our players are clearly a level above League One level.

If we start the season with midfield options of Bird, Knight, Hourihane and Bielik then that’ll be the strongest set in the league and better than a good few Championship sides too.

The wide players could be among the best too. Much may depend on whether we can get a tune from them.

We have solid centre-backs. 

I’d still like us to bolster our attacking options and fullbacks.

Still feel we lack goals without a decent striker , I dont rate Stretton or cybulski currently , and don't think mcgoldrick has many goals left in him , also think we need a far better GK

Ryan Glover who's on trial one of the standouts of the second half, playing the left-hand side of four in midfield. Positive and quick thinking. The question mark over him is how well he can strike the ball. He had a shot and attempted cross that were both poor, but his overall game and contribution looked good.

Edited by Carl Sagan

Just now, Rammy03 said:

I think we're strong in midfield and centre back. I still think we need more in forward areas, more goals, more flair, more pace. Another goalkeeper and a couple of fullbacks also needed.

That would be ideal , can you see us signing another 7 or so players though ?

McDonald has had some pretty bad health issues over the last couple of years. I wouldn’t expect too much. 

First half was promising. I think it was men against boys at times in the second but could’ve added two more for sure. We are still several bodies short of a squad, that’s for sure. We need full backs, some back up wingers and a couple of strikers (assumed that Collins was close, but who knows!)

12 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Odd comment. He's looked good on the ball, so much poise, control, composure, harrying as much as he can. I'd be pretty sure he'd have put both Cybulski's chances away (one of which he set Cybulski up for). But on the whole this is a much weaker team in the second half and our forwards have been feeding off scraps, when in the first half we dominated the ball.

Some fans keep making excuses but he has been tried and failed to deliver for 2 seasons . Cybulski seems more skilful and mobile already.

5 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Some fans keep making excuses but he has been tried and failed to deliver for 2 seasons . Cybulski seems more skilful and mobile already.

You see, we differ again. I can’t judge JS because I never saw any of his away performances and at home he had so few starts and just a handful of sub cameos. I can’t see how you can say “he’s failed” it’s just daft. Those on here who have seen a lot more youth football consistently say he is more than useful.

I agree we haven’t seen much in those 1st team appearances but the sample size is ridiculously small. Cybulski I’ve seen 3 times. In a youth game and then last season. I think he looks promising and it’s unusual with our kids, to have a youngster who isn’t a titch or a drink of water. His height could be very useful and I’ve liked the look of how he makes runs and makes himself available. Time will tell for both of them and this is the season to do it.