New signings, who will be first...and next?

RoyMac5

8 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

He has only played the 45min preseason game since Feb, LR has said McGoldrick has said he is ready to play but that he doesnt want to risk him & he is right to wait until he thinks McGoldrick is fully fit, why risk him short term when we need him for the full season.

Should have been on (off) the bench Saturday, even if it was for 10-15 minutes.

2 hours ago, Warwick Ram said:

We have to prioritise a right full back. Playing Knight there is hampering us further forward.

When they knew Byrne was off it should of been the main focus, or we trust Oduroh.

How do you know we haven't got a top class RB lined up, but a PL club are holding on to him until the end of the month?

Surely it's better to wait for a few games and get the best player available, than to get whoever we can sign immediately?

3 hours ago, Warwick Ram said:

We have to prioritise a right full back. Playing Knight there is hampering us further forward.

When they knew Byrne was off it should of been the main focus, or we trust Oduroh.

Is it?

First game he was man of the match from RB (where the goal was scored and assisted by the two players he’d presumably replace in midfield) and Saturday we created a gazillion chances including him missing a sitter, from right back?

On 05/08/2022 at 22:10, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I think he'll likely be gone in the next 3 weeks but definitely gone if we tell him he's a full back for the season.

That he’s at right back right now makes sense - he’s on the market and LR probably wants to get the midfield working with players who are staying around.

If we get a half decent price for JK his fee should fund 3 or 4 new players for the season. if we don’t sell I guess where he plays will depend on who else comes in - we know he gives 100% wherever he’s played 

Edited by kevinhectoring

3 hours ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

I’ve not seen any evidence so far that we can reinvest any fee received for Jason Knight in transfer fees.

Just one of a variety of reasons that I hope the lad stays.

Im sure we can invest a % of any incoming fee. Also even if we couldnt spend it this summer it will still be a part of our account figures for future years when we can spend it

Don’t expect anything this week. Told nothing is directly in the pipeline as of this morning. Told LR is waiting for some ‘exciting’ players and working out who’s available and who isn’t. Told it’s also fully going to be loan deals from now unless something similar to collins comes up. Players like Oko-Flex who are on the peripheries of first team squads are the players we want. 

22 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Don’t expect anything this week. Told nothing is directly in the pipeline as of this morning. Told LR is waiting for some ‘exciting’ players and working out who’s available and who isn’t. Told it’s also fully going to be loan deals from now unless something similar to collins comes up. Players like Oko-Flex who are on the peripheries of first team squads are the players we want. 

So Kyle Joseph is a 'no' then?

So that would be 3 more in maximum with a 5 loan limit per club,and already having Roberts and Dobbin. 

So a right back,winger and striker then.

Really surprised we aren't strengthening the goalkeeping department still although Wildsmith is looking a little more promising than I initially thought.

10 minutes ago, Wsm-ram said:

So that would be 3 more in maximum with a 5 loan limit per club,and already having Roberts and Dobbin. 

So a right back,winger and striker then.

Really surprised we aren't strengthening the goalkeeping department still although Wildsmith is looking a little more promising than I initially thought.

Its 5 in a matchday squad, not 5 loans total.

Screenshot_20220809-184445_Samsung Internet.jpg

8 hours ago, Big Trav said:

Any sign of a right back?

26 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I'm sure I saw him die on stage at our uni back in the 80s......?

Saw him at one of those here and now 80s reunion gigs..Visage were first up..supposed to be a 20 minute set..Steve walked on..clearly off his face on drugs...staggered around a bit mumbled a few words...fell over and was dragged off stage never to return..