New signings, who will be first...and next?

RoyMac5

22 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Lil bit is a song by Nelly (Cornell Haynes).  Just a Lil Bit is a song by 50 Cent (Curtis Jackson).  Looking for links where there aren't any? ?‍♂️

More than likely!

Unless Liverpool have decided they don't want Curtis Jones playing Premier & Champions League football for them and have randomly decided that it would be best for him to drop 2 divisions and play for the Mighty Rams instead!

...which is, well, it's less than likely.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

7 minutes ago, vonwright said:

It's definitely not going to be transfer related, it's going to be about working for the club/returning to the Athletic (or some other Derby related job he's got).

He's basically said "It would be irresponsible of me to tease you about transfers" - ie his teaser shouldn't be taken as being about transfers since he wouldn't do that.

Also the "I'm excited and I hope you will be too" = it's personal news, hope you'll be pleased for me.

Good reasoning - but pretty arrogant of him to think that I would be tumescent that he's got a new job. ?‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

It's exciting news for him - and he hopes he would be pleased for him (which I'm sure we are) but think his original tweet has been blown out of all proportion hence why he told people to calm down ?

He's clearly got too much time on his hands and he knows as a "responsible reporter" precisely that if he dangles "ITK" people will hang on his every word...so he's shooting himself in the groin area if he thinks anyone gives a smidgen of a monkey...about his new job ...whatever it is. 

22 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Lil bit is a song by Nelly (Cornell Haynes).  Just a Lil Bit is a song by 50 Cent (Curtis Jackson).  Looking for links where there aren't any? ?‍♂️

It’s also an anagram of blithe ?

It’s a interesting time this transfer window especially for loans from premiership clubs because of the premiership and championship shut down so there maybe an opportunity to take some ‘better players’ up until January at least because a lot of clubs will want their players actually playing in real football rather than all of them sitting around for weeks on end getting no game time.

20 hours ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

After a two year absence, I’ve consulted the oracle who is ‘Old Trample’ on this. I had to to buy him 4 cans of K cider and a Babycham but…. he’s adamant it’s Waghorn. Rosenior reckons he’ll bag 15-20 goals in League 1 and is confident Hourihane can create the 30-40 one on ones he’ll need to achieve it.

Trampie also reckons Rosey also asked about Paterson. But that was only for schitz n giggles because Leroy’s on this forum and wanted to wind @bimmermanup ?

Genuinely bricking it

He new exactly what he was doing when he put that tweet out to be fair.

He would have known full well that most, if not all fans would have assumed he was on about a new signing.

So he got the attention he was after.

I would imagine he's either coming back to The Athletic or working somewhere else in the local press in some capacity.

Unless he pops out saying he's got a new job in a bank.

23 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

He new exactly what he was doing when he put that tweet out to be fair.

He would have known full well that most, if not all fans would have assumed he was on about a new signing.

So he got the attention he was after.

I would imagine he's either coming back to The Athletic or working somewhere else in the local press in some capacity.

Unless he pops out saying he's got a new job in a bank.

Quite funny if it's the bank option.

On 11/08/2022 at 19:50, Big Trav said:

I’m hearing Tyler Walker was the player Rosenior spoke to yesterday with him at the game last night. Also a RB is being loaned in from a ‘top prem club’ 

Is the right back the lad we are linked with from Villa?