New signings, who will be first...and next?

RoyMac5

1 hour ago, Big Trav said:

Nothing about Byrne as he’s not really our player anymore ?he’s not been in training  at all this summer and has been trying to push a move since our relegation. Hopefully we get some compensation for him ?

Byrne is in the U.S. and  legally is still our player. Never seen so many if and buts about signings.

3 hours ago, Ramos said:

What I like about your updates is, it really shows how fast things change and how complex even a free transfer is. Shows why when the manager says things are close and then they don’t end up being why people need to be patient. Surely with you level of updates though it won’t be long before DCFC work out who the leak is?? Can’t imagine many people know this level of stuff. 

He says come off the phone to the lad he knows but that’s just a cover up, we all know it’s Rebekah V 

5 hours ago, Big Trav said:

Just come off a long phone call with the lad I know. Sibley allowed to leave if the right bid comes in 2m+ but the price tag has put most people off so expect him to stay. Sean Robertson looking at other options. Rosenior still in constant dialogue with him and his team. 50/50 on wether that goes ahead. Kyle Joseph has stalled as Swansea want rid completely and want a fee. We want a loan with option or a free transfer with large sell on clause. Amadou Diallo didn’t want to join the 23s for a bit so has left for other teams. Told there’s an offer if he wants it as Rosenior rates him highly. Rosenior still wants another 4-5 players with 1xGK 1xRB 1xWinger 2xStrikers. Believe Kev McDonald might be joining the coaching staff instead of the playing staff, but plan remains unchanged with him mentoring Bird and Robinson. Good news is that Rosenior is speaking to many clubs about many different loan options. Villa, West Brom, West Ham, Everton, Liverpool, Chelsea and Sheffield United are ones I know he’s spoken too. The last bit of news is good/bad depending on what you think of Stretton. Told he’s allowed to go on loan with lots of interest from National League and League 2. Expect some exciting loans and hopefully quality signings in the next few weeks ??

All that positivity was wiped out with the first sentence. 

The thought of selling Sibley makes me feel genuinely sick. For the love of god, I hope it doesn’t happen.

3 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

With the way we're playing, I'm not sure we actually want a genuine number 9. Collins has barely touched the ball in any of the games (league or preseason) I've seen him play.  There's absolutely an argument that we'd be better off with someone like McGoldrick or Barkhuizen dropping off the front and getting involved, than a No. 9 stood in the box waiting for the ball to come to him.

We need McGoldrick and Collins on the pitch together. Then it works. Collins hasn’t touched the ball because there isn’t / hasn’t been a supplier of passes at the top end of the pitch. Bringing Sibley on changed that the other week because he ran at people between the half way line and the box. McGoldrick makes clever runs and passes in the same position on the field. Our starting trio so far is too central or defensive. The gap between the mids and Collins is too big .. unless you have a Sibley/McGoldrick .. or Hourihan high up

40 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

The thought of selling Sibley makes me feel genuinely sick. For the love of god, I hope it doesn’t happen.

Like sibley, but the fact he couldn’t get in our team last year, and rarely plays well twice in a row tells you a lot. Was great on Saturday, so probably be terrible if starts Saturday! Also the fact that no one will pay £2m again suggests he’s not quite as good as you think. 

Definitely has something, really needs to start fulfilling his potential soon though. 

35 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Like sibley, but the fact he couldn’t get in our team last year, and rarely plays well twice in a row tells you a lot. Was great on Saturday, so probably be terrible if starts Saturday! Also the fact that no one will pay £2m again suggests he’s not quite as good as you think. 

Definitely has something, really needs to start fulfilling his potential soon though. 

Sibley was the best player I’ve seen for Derby’s academy and was consistent game-in, game-out. No surprise when he flew into the first team under Cocu. 

He, like Bird and Knight, took a step backwards under Rooney. 

I have absolutely no doubt the player with the highest ceiling and most ability in this Derby team is Louie Sibley. I also know that if given an opportunity in a good team, set up with good coaching that he will be a player that becomes an historic regret for this football club.

He needs more game time and should be allowed more game time. If we are getting rid, I’d rather it be on loan like Djed Spence so we can get £20m instead of £2m. 

5 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Would be disappointed to see Sibley leave. He can become a very good player. 

I say the same but then think about it how many managers is that since he's been on the scene 4/5? That haven't given him consistent game time, is he not training well, attitude? Something's a miss because he looks like he could become a very good player as you say.

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

I read that as, everyone is for sale for the right price, which isn't particularly ITK but hey ho.

For what it's worth, I like Sibley but worry he will drift in his career unless he shows he can perform consistently. I'm aware of the catch22 that he needs to be given a run to demonstrate this but there has to be a reason why he hasn't been in the side every week.

I hope this season is the making of him and he forces himself as the first name on the team sheet.

36 minutes ago, YouRams said:

I say the same but then think about it how many managers is that since he's been on the scene 4/5? That haven't given him consistent game time, is he not training well, attitude? Something's a miss because he looks like he could become a very good player as you say.

3 managers. Cocu who played him loads once he’d broken in, Rooney and Rosenior who has had one game so far where he came on and probably won us the game.

1 minute ago, Big Trav said:

I must admit, reading it back I worded the Sibley part weirdly. Rosenior has told Sibley he can leave if a suitable offer comes in (2m+) with Knight and Bird they will only leave if a mega offer comes in that we can’t refuse. Wouldn’t call it actively getting rid of Sibley but open to offers to let him go 

I very much doubt Rosenior has actually told Sibley he can leave if a suitable offer comes in. That would be poor man management  and very  demotivating for Sibley. I’m taking that snippet with a pinch of salt. Cheers for all the other info though. Stretton has gone so some substance to it. 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Sibley was the best player I’ve seen for Derby’s academy and was consistent game-in, game-out. No surprise when he flew into the first team under Cocu. 

He, like Bird and Knight, took a step backwards under Rooney. 

I have absolutely no doubt the player with the highest ceiling and most ability in this Derby team is Louie Sibley. I also know that if given an opportunity in a good team, set up with good coaching that he will be a player that becomes an historic regret for this football club.

He needs more game time and should be allowed more game time. If we are getting rid, I’d rather it be on loan like Djed Spence so we can get £20m instead of £2m. 

This is a young man who attracted a £5m bid from Wolves before he'd even set foot in the first team.

The decision was left to him, and he turned it down flat.

To lose him for less than half that a couple of years later would be most careless, putting it politely. 

1 hour ago, YouRams said:

Only 1 really.

He was a youngster being eased into the team under Cocu, scoring 5 and assisting 2 in 11 Championship games once introduced in 19/20.

We started 20/21 with a weakened squad and a disinterested Rooney. We weren't doing very well, so Cocu started mixing formations and personnel, potential some influence from the coaching team on who to play... Cocu left and Rooney came in.

Under Rooney, Sibley wasn't allowed a bad game and would be hauled off and dropped for several games. Others were allowed to play through bad form.

Now we're on to Rosenior. 1 game in and despite beefing up the squad, still trusted Sibley to come on and make an impact.