New signings, who will be first...and next?

RoyMac5

16 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Where are the Villa players that Big Trav promised????

Think there was a RB from Villa mentioned a while back, not multiple signings. Last update from him was that Dobbin, Joseph and McDonald were closest to signing with Robertson being offered a contract.

Dobbin one is confirmed now.

Joseph seems (or seemed close) waiting on more info from potential landlord @RAMS1992

McDonald one, I'm not too fussed about, but could be a steady squad player for us.

Robertson I'd like to see join as he looked good on his trial appearance for us and seems to be versatile with his position freeing up Knight to go back to his preferred position.

1 hour ago, Srg said:

This seems slightly simplistic as you’ve only included players covering one position.

For example, Dobbins is going to cover all 3 front positions. Hourihane will cover any midfield position, as will Smith (he played CAM on Saturday as a prime example). It goes on and on. 

You’re going to need a lot more players doing it the way you’ve done it. 

There are alot of players that can cover multiple positions so I went with their most likely position to keep it simple and to show where the gaps are.

Roberts, Forsyth, Hourihane, Knight, Sibley, NML, Barkhuizen, Dobbin & McGoldrick could all play in a different position

16 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

There are alot of players that can cover multiple positions so I went with their most likely position to keep it simple and to show where the gaps are.

Roberts, Forsyth, Hourihane, Knight, Sibley, NML, Barkhuizen, Dobbin & McGoldrick could all play in a different position

I get that logic, but that’s basically rendering the exercise pointless as you’re always going to end up wanting extra players when in reality there’s much more cover. 

The only positions we are desperately short of proper cover is right back and striker. Arguably could do with another winger too, but less pressing with Dobbin now. Goalkeeper an outside shout but I don’t think we will spend the money and will just have Loach sat on the bench all year. 

Just come off a long phone call with the lad I know. Sibley allowed to leave if the right bid comes in 2m+ but the price tag has put most people off so expect him to stay. Sean Robertson looking at other options. Rosenior still in constant dialogue with him and his team. 50/50 on wether that goes ahead. Kyle Joseph has stalled as Swansea want rid completely and want a fee. We want a loan with option or a free transfer with large sell on clause. Amadou Diallo didn’t want to join the 23s for a bit so has left for other teams. Told there’s an offer if he wants it as Rosenior rates him highly. Rosenior still wants another 4-5 players with 1xGK 1xRB 1xWinger 2xStrikers. Believe Kev McDonald might be joining the coaching staff instead of the playing staff, but plan remains unchanged with him mentoring Bird and Robinson. Good news is that Rosenior is speaking to many clubs about many different loan options. Villa, West Brom, West Ham, Everton, Liverpool, Chelsea and Sheffield United are ones I know he’s spoken too. The last bit of news is good/bad depending on what you think of Stretton. Told he’s allowed to go on loan with lots of interest from National League and League 2. Expect some exciting loans and hopefully quality signings in the next few weeks ??

9 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Just come off a long phone call with the lad I know. Sibley allowed to leave if the right bid comes in 2m+ but the price tag has put most people off so expect him to stay. Sean Robertson looking at other options. Rosenior still in constant dialogue with him and his team. 50/50 on wether that goes ahead. Kyle Joseph has stalled as Swansea want rid completely and want a fee. We want a loan with option or a free transfer with large sell on clause. Amadou Diallo didn’t want to join the 23s for a bit so has left for other teams. Told there’s an offer if he wants it as Rosenior rates him highly. Rosenior still wants another 4-5 players with 1xGK 1xRB 1xWinger 2xStrikers. Believe Kev McDonald might be joining the coaching staff instead of the playing staff, but plan remains unchanged with him mentoring Bird and Robinson. Good news is that Rosenior is speaking to many clubs about many different loan options. Villa, West Brom, West Ham, Everton, Liverpool, Chelsea and Sheffield United are ones I know he’s spoken too. The last bit of news is good/bad depending on what you think of Stretton. Told he’s allowed to go on loan with lots of interest from National League and League 2. Expect some exciting loans and hopefully quality signings in the next few weeks ??

Every player will be allowed to leave if the right fee came in, so the Sibley thing isn’t a surprise. Hope he stays. 

39 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

?

What does he know about the Byrne move?

25 minutes ago, enachops said:

Every player will be allowed to leave if the right fee came in, so the Sibley thing isn’t a surprise. Hope he stays. 

Meant that in terms of looking to offload him as he’s one of our only saleable assets that wouldn’t hurt us much on the pitch 

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Where are the Villa players that Big Trav promised????

Believe one was Kesler-Hayden who now looks like he’ll be staying at Villa. Also a lad went to Cardiff who we wanted. 

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

?

What does he know about the Byrne move?

Nothing about Byrne as he’s not really our player anymore ?he’s not been in training  at all this summer and has been trying to push a move since our relegation. Hopefully we get some compensation for him ?

42 minutes ago, Srg said:

I get that logic, but that’s basically rendering the exercise pointless as you’re always going to end up wanting extra players when in reality there’s much more cover. 

The only positions we are desperately short of proper cover is right back and striker. Arguably could do with another winger too, but less pressing with Dobbin now. Goalkeeper an outside shout but I don’t think we will spend the money and will just have Loach sat on the bench all year. 

Even at CF we have Collins, McGoldrick, Stretton, and Barkhuizen. [Situation changes if Stretton is loaned out]

We need a RB starter. Oduroh, Knight, Smith, Barkhuizen and Mendez-Laing could all fill in 

41 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Sibley - Seems at odds with what Rosenior says about Sibley being part of his plans.

Stretton - makes sense as to why we're looking for another forward. I felt with his injury history he'd be better off as 3rd choice CF here with 20/30 mins off the bench. I fear with a loan he wouldn't be so carefully managed.

2x CFs - I'd be surprised if this is true when we play with one up top and already have Collins as first choice and McGoldrick as cover

9 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Nothing about Byrne as he’s not really our player anymore ?he’s not been in training  at all this summer and has been trying to push a move since our relegation. Hopefully we get some compensation for him ?

Yes I can read Nixon's tweets too. ? There will have to be contact with the Club as we hold his registration?

58 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Honestly, when did we last (if ever) have this quality of ITK? Love it.

Having said that, hope "the lad I know" doesn't come to this forum or surely the game is up for you!

Edited by drgoodspeak

21 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Even at CF we have Collins, McGoldrick, Stretton, and Barkhuizen. [Situation changes if Stretton is loaned out]

We need a RB starter. Oduroh, Knight, Smith, Barkhuizen and Mendez-Laing could all fill in 

Sibley - Seems at odds with what Rosenior says about Sibley being part of his plans.

Stretton - makes sense as to why we're looking for another forward. I felt with his injury history he'd be better off as 3rd choice CF here with 20/30 mins off the bench. I fear with a loan he wouldn't be so carefully managed.

2x CFs - I'd be surprised if this is true when we play with one up top and already have Collins as first choice and McGoldrick as cover

Depends on your view of our strikers. McGoldrick isn’t a solo number 9 to me, Barkhuizen doesn’t like playing up front alone according to him and I don’t think Stretton is good enough. 

13 minutes ago, Srg said:

Depends on your view of our strikers. McGoldrick isn’t a solo number 9 to me, Barkhuizen doesn’t like playing up front alone according to him and I don’t think Stretton is good enough. 

In his 4 seasons at Luton, Collins played an average of 83% of the league minutes (74 minutes per game). We should be giving him a similar amount of game time this season. The remaining game time in the CF position is suitable for McGoldrick/Stretton depending on match circumstances.

1 hour ago, Big Trav said:

Would be disappointed to see Sibley leave. He can become a very good player. 

46 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

McGoldrick isn't a number 9....

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

In his 4 seasons at Luton, Collins played an average of 83% of the league minutes (74 minutes per game). We should be giving him a similar amount of game time this season. The remaining game time in the CF position is suitable for McGoldrick/Stretton depending on match circumstances.

That’s not how age and form work. 

1 hour ago, Big Trav said:

What I like about your updates is, it really shows how fast things change and how complex even a free transfer is. Shows why when the manager says things are close and then they don’t end up being why people need to be patient. Surely with you level of updates though it won’t be long before DCFC work out who the leak is?? Can’t imagine many people know this level of stuff. 

16 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

McGoldrick isn't a number 9....

With the way we're playing, I'm not sure we actually want a genuine number 9. Collins has barely touched the ball in any of the games (league or preseason) I've seen him play.  There's absolutely an argument that we'd be better off with someone like McGoldrick or Barkhuizen dropping off the front and getting involved, than a No. 9 stood in the box waiting for the ball to come to him.