New signings, who will be first...and next?

RoyMac5

Never heard of Dobbin and won’t pretend I’ve seen him loads in the U23s…….mind you I’d never heard of Mount before he joined and look how that turned out. Mind you I’d never heard of Julian De Start either and look how that turned out.

11 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Current squad...

Screenshot_20220803-210810_Samsung Notes.jpg

Kyle Joseph looks to be very close so that covers the striker position. Right Back is tough, because of Byrne. Although it did make me laugh that QPR fans were moaning about the prospect of signing him. Obviously not thought too long and hard about his prospects. 

It wouldn’t surprise me if he ends up coming back with his tail between his legs at this stage. If not, I’m sure that will be addressed - probably in the loan market.

Goalkeeper is obviously an interesting one. Loaning one will be difficult as they will want them to get guaranteed game time and we don’t want to offer that, hence the issue with the Brighton kid. Not much knocking about in free agency, but one name that seems to make sense and stick out is Alex Smithies who would be suitable competition for Wildsmith. 

12 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Current squad...

Screenshot_20220803-210810_Samsung Notes.jpg

This seems slightly simplistic as you’ve only included players covering one position.

For example, Dobbins is going to cover all 3 front positions. Hourihane will cover any midfield position, as will Smith (he played CAM on Saturday as a prime example). It goes on and on. 

You’re going to need a lot more players doing it the way you’ve done it.