Krystian Bielik - Joined Birmingham on a 3 year deal

DCFC1388

5 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

The fee is a bonus, The wage will make up the rest £750k/£1million 🤷‍♀️

Leigh Curtis is talking up the wage savings as key;

If Bielik’s wages are as high as the rumoured £20-25k I once read (can’t remember where) and they’re factored into the budget/business plan, we could sign 3 solid squad players at this level for that money and strengthen the club overall.

While I bear him no ill will personally I’m glad to see Bielik leave. Feels like the last big reminder of Mel’s reign. 

Just shedding his wage frees up £1.5m for next season. It puts an end to a sorry stint at Derby for Bielik, who through no fault of his own played a fairly detrimental impact in our downfall. A good player, but huge injuries, a massive fee and one of the biggest contracts this club has ever handed out that wasn’t subsidised by a betting company. 

Wish him well at Birmingham, but it would be good to pass them on the way up. I do hope that he stays injury free - he’s had a torrid time in that regard, 

I think we all need to hope/pray that he passes this medical tomorrow 🙏

If it should go sideways, due to the X-Ray confirming that his leg bones are, in fact, made of straw, then we’re back to less then square one with him.

We’d be left with, arguably, the highest paid want-away player in the division.

Our options would be to mutually terminate his contract at great expense, play him, disgruntled and risk injury, or hope that some Championship club take a risk on him on a free and we pay a small contribution to his wages.

All three will put a burden on our finances 😞

So, back to praying he passes the damn thing tomorrow and we move on.

4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Similar to George Thorne, a hugely talented player wrecked by injuries.

If not for injuries he would be a £25m Premier League player easily.

Bielik was a good player, but to compare him with George George is sacrilege. I think Bielik at his very best has proven himself to be a good Championship player and nothing more, best season in football came in League One with Charlton. Thorne, it felt at times, reinvented physics on a football pitch. I’ve not seen anyone come close to him in the last 20 years of watching Derby week-in, week-out.

So after 12 months showing his quality in the championship, world cup, international friendlies etc etc yawn.  He's got his big move to were he started 12 months ago.  Does this mean he's not the superstar he thinks he is and has huge delusions of grandeur.  That shop window must have needed a good clean. 

Thank good he's gone with his back of narcissism.

I'm a big fan of his and think that in a league like Serie A he'd look ten times the player than he does in the Champ. As it stands, he's always going to be a risk in a league where getting stuck in is such a valued trait. Good luck to the lad, I hope he has a good career, and it feels good to be rid of one of the last vestiges of the Morris Era.

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Bielik was a good player, but to compare him with George George is sacrilege. I think Bielik at his very best has proven himself to be a good Championship player and nothing more, best season in football came in League One with Charlton. Thorne, it felt at times, reinvented physics on a football pitch. I’ve not seen anyone come close to him in the last 20 years of watching Derby week-in, week-out.

Hmmm… depends though. Thorne made the best Derby side in 25 years look better.

Bielik absolutely bossed games single-handedly for a Derby team that would have been relegated but for his ten game intervention.

51 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

He's not half the player Thorne was.  Best midfielder we had since the 90's

Hmm I would say Bryson was the best midfielder we had but hey ho 

Thorne was very good when we were flying as a team for those 13 games that season then basically broken 

16 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Hmm I would say Bryson was the best midfielder we had but hey ho 

Thorne was very good when we were flying as a team for those 13 games that season then basically broken 

When he came back he was good.  I'd say he was excellent in the season he  broke his leg and we would have won those playoffs at a canter.  How much he meant to that side was evident in the Hull game at home.  Bryson was a good player but I'd see he only had one very good season.  Half the player after the 5 year contract and missing out Wembley v QPR.

25 minutes ago, cannable said:

Hmmm… depends though. Thorne made the best Derby side in 25 years look better.

Bielik absolutely bossed games single-handedly for a Derby team that would have been relegated but for his ten game intervention.

Exactly this. Thorne was surrounded by much better players