Krystian Bielik - Joined Birmingham on a 3 year deal

DCFC1388

Hopefully getting a substantial amount of savings on his wages allows us to get the 4-5 players of sufficient quality we need to bolster the squad.

People seem to have forgotten we still owe Arsenal several millions in stage payments (£5 million? which is equivalent to our full season ticket income..) saving circa £1 million a year in his wages will just go towards that. I cant see his release allowing us to sign 4-5 more players. 

Edited by Simmo’s left foot

23 minutes ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

People seem to have forgotten we still owe Arsenal several millions in stage payments (£5 million? which is equivalent to our full season ticket income..) saving circa £1 million a year in his wages will just go towards that. I cant see his release allowing us to sign 4-5 more players. 

We'll find out soon enough hopefully. 

30 minutes ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

I think we will be signing more players because we haven’t got enough for a long season - we do still need to pay Arsenal but there is also five weeks for us to lose players to any decent bids sadly 

30 minutes ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

I'm not forgetting, I'm sure Clowes knew he had to pay this back before he took over the club in full as they're a football creditor. That's why I said hopefully because if we've an 8 million wage budget and we've saved on near 1 million from loaning out Bielik, maybe that will help enable us to sign the players Liam wants?

39 minutes ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

The debt to Arsenal would have been accounted for in the takeover. Releasing his wages allows us to sign more players

16 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

BBC has confirmed they are paying a substantial chunk of his wages.. in other words we are paying for him to play for someone else, which makes no sense at all.

Rather pay a small portion of his wage playing for someone else than pay all of his wages to play for no one at all

“I think he is a top, top player, one of the best midfielders in the league,” he said. “We know that he is coming in and is not fully fit at the moment. Hopefully he will be joining the group in a couple of weeks. If we can keep Krystian fit, which I am sure we will, it’s a top, top player who wanted to come to Birmingham City. We were delighted with that, he is only going to help the squad. There’s no rush, he has only just started back on the grass. When he is ready, he will be ready.”

1 hour ago, Rich3478 said:

Could we not have done a six month loan in that case then?

finances probably dictates it somewhat to, be good to see him back for us next season.

A 6 month loan would mean adjusting our playing budget too. 

A season long loan means we can get 4 or 5 players in. A half season loan would mean only getting 2 or 3 players in.

It would also be a pretty poor deal for the loaning club. He probably won't be match fit until September. With the impact of the World Cup too, he'd only be fully fit for 15-18 games. 

20 hours ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

KBs transfer fee would have been in the budget...or I bloody hope so, LR on record that there are players close to signing, We had to unload KB a very good player on his day, But some of those tackles today against Oxford he'd have had 2nd thoughts about sticking a leg in there.

Nice touch from him being in the changing room before and after the game ?

On 30/07/2022 at 01:25, PistoldPete said:

BBC has confirmed they are paying a substantial chunk of his wages.. in other words we are paying for him to play for someone else, which makes no sense at all.

Makes you wonder whether the Polish coach really meant it, when he said “you can’t train for the World Cup in D1

• 2 months later...