Who could we start next season with, player wise (as it stands)?

1 minute ago, big bad ram said:

Would imagine there will be some trialists to  try and identify in the background of the photos on Monday. 

Am I some sort of sad case that I am quite looking forward to it? Can't wait for the "he looks a bit like Idris Kanu" posts or "I'm sure he used to play for coventry" I can still remember about 10 pages of people arguing if it was andre wisdom or not.

9 minutes ago, KBB said:

Am I some sort of sad case that I am quite looking forward to it? Can't wait for the "he looks a bit like Idris Kanu" posts or "I'm sure he used to play for coventry" I can still remember about 10 pages of people arguing if it was andre wisdom or not.

When we see John Brayford and Jake Buxton back in his training gear then we will know Nigel Clough is coming back!

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Could Buchanan's extension have been reliant on playing at least 30 games in the final year of his contract?
It could explain why he was playing every game in the second half of the season, and then dropped as soon as he hit 30...

Interesting theory!

Well now we can start speculating!

Assuming we're still interested in players that we've been linked with before (and rumours of up to 10 new signings coming through the doors coming to fruition) the squad could look a bit like this:

GK: NEW, Wildsmith, Foulkes
RB: Byrne (or NEW if he leaves), Bardell
CB: Chester, Stearman, Davies, Cashin
LB: Buchanan (or NEW if he leaves), Forsyth
CM/DM: Bird, Robinson, Hourihane, Thompson
RM: Barkhuizen, Richards
AM: Knight, Sibley
LM: Lawrence (yes, very unlikely, I know!), Mendez-Laing
ST: Collins, Niasse, Kazim-Richards, Cybulski, Stretton

Not bad!

6 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Well now we can start speculating!

Assuming we're still interested in players that we've been linked with before (and rumours of up to 10 new signings coming through the doors coming to fruition) the squad could look a bit like this:

GK: NEW, Wildsmith, Foulkes
RB: Byrne (or NEW if he leaves), Bardell
CB: Chester, Stearman, Davies, Cashin
LB: Buchanan (or NEW if he leaves), Forsyth
CM/DM: Bird, Robinson, Hourihane, Thompson
RM: Barkhuizen, Richards
AM: Knight, Sibley
LM: Lawrence (yes, very unlikely, I know!), Mendez-Laing
ST: Collins, Niasse, Kazim-Richards, Cybulski, Stretton

Not bad!

Even without Lawrence, that squad looks a lot more promising than I’d hoped for a few days ago. Enough about it to be solid and compete at least. Are the goals there? I’d hope so with Hourihane’s creativity and the directness of the 2 new wide attackers. Collins or similar needed to be the man in the box to put it in!

Now the takeover is done it’s not completely unreasonable to go full football manager mode. Assuming Byrne and Buchanan aren’t allowed to get out of their extensions, and we add some of the players we’ve been linked with, and nobody else under contract is sold, we could line up with…

Wildsmith

Byrne Davies Cashin Buchanan

Bird

Johnson Hourihane

Knight Sibley

Stretton

Still with the likes of Stearman, Chester, Forsyth, Mendez-Laing, Huddlestone on the bench.

Still room for improvement with a couple of players shoehorned in, but seeing as where we were a very short while ago, it looks like a good start!