Who could we start next season with, player wise (as it stands)?

With stories coming out that we could be allowed to start next season still in administration, what could our squad look like on matchday 1 (assuming we still can't sign anyone new and can keep the players already under contract/have options agreed for)?

J Thompson
Byrne  Bielik  Solomon  Buchanan
             Robinson  Bird
      Richards  Knight  Sibley
                  Stretton

As a caveat, I'm not 100% sure if all of the above would be eligible... I'm just guessing! I'm sure @Ghost of Clough or @angieram (or others) with their more in depth knowledge of the academy and contract situations could add to those?

2 hours ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

With stories coming out that we could be allowed to start next season still in administration, what could our squad look like on matchday 1 (assuming we still can't sign anyone new and can keep the players already under contract/have options agreed for)?

J Thompson
Byrne  Bielik  Solomon  Buchanan
             Robinson  Bird
      Richards  Knight  Sibley
                  Stretton

As a caveat, I'm not 100% sure if all of the above would be eligible... I'm just guessing! I'm sure @Ghost of Clough or @angieram (or others) with their more in depth knowledge of the academy and contract situations could add to those?

Whilst in administration, I don't believe we can offer deals to anyone, including those in the academy (U23s, U18s, U16s, etc...)

We also weren't able to offer more than a 1 year professional contract to any of the U23s last summer. That means the likes of Solomon and Cybulski, who were first year pros last season, will be out of contract at the end of the month.

First year scholars are usually given 2 year deals (2 years at U18 level). But, I'm not sure what the exact terms of administration are. Terms under last summer undee embargo were more straightforward. For example, Robinson was signed on a 3 year deal, but I think that was due to being an overseas player. Ebiowei could only sign a 1 year deal despite being an U18 signing too, albeit as a 2nd year scholar. Carlos Richards signed on as a 1st year scholar with a 2 year deal.

Evans

Byrne   Bielik   DRobinson   Buchanan

Richards   Knight   Bird   Sibley

Stretton   Duncan(?)

Subs: Moore, Aideyan, Moloney, Sebagabo, Fatepu, RND, ZDixon.

Sorry but I don’t think that’s right. 2nd year scholars can be offered an extended 3rd year on scholarship (wages are paid by the government) but contracts can’t be offered yet as their is no budget to work against yet. If there are more player sales then that money could be allocated for player’s deals but it’s more likely all transfer money would be used for operating costs to keep the club running until a buyer is found or it goes beyond the time limit for admin. The season under admin still would start with any players not sold and scholars I think. 

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Retained list was recently released...

Festy could still be with us next season!!!

image.thumb.png.804fdbb86df7a126208dca8302ed9703.png

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/efl-retained-list-squad-numbers/

From the EFL key

"(o) indicates players who are under the age of 24 years, whose current contracts expire on 30th June 2022 and to whom the club has made an offer of re-engagement"

Does it mean that they might stay or just that we'd get a sum for them?

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

From the EFL key

"(o) indicates players who are under the age of 24 years, whose current contracts expire on 30th June 2022 and to whom the club has made an offer of re-engagement"

Does it mean that they might stay or just that we'd get a sum for them?

It means we have offered them contracts

First team squad
Goalkeepers: Roberts [Foulkes]
Defenders: Byrne, Buchanan, Solomon, Bardell, WGP [Cashin]
Midfielders: Bielik, Bird, Knight, Sibley, Clarke, Ibrahim [Thompson, Watson, Aghatise, CDixon]
Wingers: [Ebiowei, Festy]
Forwards: Stretton, Cybulski

Scholars
Goalkeepers: Evans
Defenders: Brailsford, Aideyan, Christie, Rutt, Moloney, Moore
Midfielders: DRobinson, Sebagabo, Fapetu
Wingers: Richards, Kelly, RND
Forwards: ZDixon

I'm not counting Duncan and Borkovic has already moved to the USA.
No Wilson, Hutchinson or Randle. Wilson being the biggest surprise.

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Wilson being the biggest surprise.

Surely Connor Dixon the biggest surprise? The kids 22 and has a history of niggly injuries that keep him out for weeks sometimes months and has never played a game of adults football in his life!!

Edited by Ravabeerbelly