Who could we start next season with, player wise (as it stands)?

5 hours ago, Gerry Daly said:

I hope we will have Buchanan, Byrne, Bielik, Bird and Knight but it’s a bit optimistic to think we will have all of them don’t you think?

I expect Bielik to be loaned out. If it’s no longer a question of money, we are in a position now to retain these players or at the very least sell them for a respectable fee.

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I expect Bielik to be loaned out. If it’s no longer a question of money, we are in a position now to retain these players or at the very least sell them for a respectable fee.

Well if you call the reported figure of £400K for Buchanan respectable in todays market.....

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Think we’re over a barrel with bielik and its our own fault

clubs know we cant afford his wages and so the best we can hope for is for someone to come in and relieve us of that burden. 

i highly doubt we’ll get monies for him

6 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'm working off the assumption they're off... they're too good for L1 after all. If any stay then it's a massive boost! Ending up with something like this:

Wildsmith, GK, Foulkes

RB, RB

Davies, Chester, Cashin, Stearman

LB, Forsyth

Thompson, Johnson, Hourihane, CM, CM, Huddlestone

Sibley, Barkhuizen, Mendez-Laing, Sotona

McGoldrick, Kazim, Stretton, Cybulski

5 contract extensions and 12 signings if the 5 you list leave.

Who’s Sotona?

49 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Think we’re over a barrel with bielik and its our own fault

clubs know we cant afford his wages and so the best we can hope for is for someone to come in and relieve us of that burden. 

i highly doubt we’ll get monies for him

You’re right. If he can stay fit somebody will get a phenomenal deal for him.

At the current stage of pre-season my starting 11 would have to be:

Wildsmith

Byrne      Bielik      Cashin     Thompson

Bird

Knight         Sibley

Barkhuizen     Stretton     Mendez-Laing

I suspect we'll lose Knight. I'm not sure anyone will take a risk on Bielik. If that's the case but Davies signs a new deal, then Bielik moves up into midfield. I can actually see Thommo as a Kenny Sansom-style left back. If Fozzy also signs then we have competition for places which is what a promotion-challenging team will need. All these players will want to be starting in League One. I hope that Rosenior understands that if we're to have any hope of challenging we need to carry a goal threat and cannot take the same safety-first approach as last season. Which means Sibley has to start.

Just now, Carl Sagan said:

Wildsmith

Bird

Knight         Sibley

I suspect we'll lose Knight. I'm not sure anyone will take a risk on Bielik. If that's the case but Davies signs a new deal, then Bielik moves up into midfield. I can actually see Thommo as a Kenny Sansom-style left back. If Fozzy also signs then we have competition for places which is what a promotion-challenging team will need. All these players will want to be starting in League One. I hope that Rosenior understands that if we're to have any hope of challenging we need to carry a goal threat and cannot take the same safety-first approach as last season. Which means Sibley has to start.

I dont think youll ever see thommo as a left sided anything not after the way that boro winger .. jones is it? Tore him and fozzy a new one at their place, that still haunts me nevermind the individuals involved.

keep him central where he does his best work 

3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Wildsmith

Bird

Knight         Sibley

Just looking at that side though makes u realise how short we really are 

I think Bird and Sibley will stay regardless of interest. It may be the optimism of the last 48-72 hours, but they’re both Derby boys who seem like they love playing for the team regardless of league. Knight is a Ram but also hasn’t always been. Wouldn’t be shocked if he gets an offer from top half Champ and goes. Bielik needs a loan move, to free up wages for us and better opportunity for his World Cup hopes.

20 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Wildsmith

Bird

Knight         Sibley

Move Sibely to LB, Tommo next to Bird with Knight in front. I think Sibley is the only first teamer we have who has actually played at LB before ?

Or Bird and Tommo in a straight swap.

6 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Hmm, prefer square pegs in square holes. Is there a left back in the academy? I'm sure there was one not far off, or have they gone already?

Saying that I'd hope we'd get Fozzy back, any wage short fall may be met by a testimonial agreement.

That's a great shout

12 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Great start to the rebuild last night. Twitter last night felt like Christmas morning!

Really pleased to see Cashin & Thompson staying. Both showed such maturity & talent when they got into the first team mid season & would have been gutted to see them go too. There will be spells of indifferent form but I think regular football at this level will see both develop into important first team players. Important also to keep the core of Academy graduates whilst we bring in a lot of new faces, need as much continuity as possible to avoid a disjointed team.

Three good signings too. Wildsmith looks a good shotstopper, am hoping he's also decent with the ball at his feet & like his ambition to finally break from his boyhood club. Barkhuizen & Mendez-Laing have always had quality about them...very different players but really strong options on the wing. 

Strong rumours that Curtis, Kazim & Stearman have already signed (brilliant news if true) & that we're in for another evening of announcements. Of the rumoured new players, Chester would be a really good signing & whilst far from Johnson's biggest fan, he would offer the physicality we will need at this level. Still would be astonished if Hourihane signed, am sure there are top half Championship clubs who would happily take him.

Either way, am loving the anticipation of further news! 

Yep ! It’s all looking pretty good for now. I think I am resigned to Bird and Knight being poached along with Bielik inevitably at some point. but you never know. Yes we need another GK .. Funny thing is we may end up in good shape but as per last season .. missing a goal machine. Just need to unearth a lower league Vardy