Who could we start next season with, player wise (as it stands)?

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

First team squad
Goalkeepers: Roberts [Foulkes]
Defenders: Byrne, Buchanan, Solomon, Bardell, WGP [Cashin]
Midfielders: Bielik, Bird, Knight, Sibley, Clarke, Ibrahim [Thompson, Watson, Aghatise, CDixon]
Wingers: [Ebiowei, Festy]
Forwards: Stretton, Cybulski

Scholars
Goalkeepers: Evans
Defenders: Brailsford, Aideyan, Christie, Rutt, Moloney, Moore
Midfielders: DRobinson, Sebagabo, Fapetu
Wingers: Richards, Kelly, RND
Forwards: ZDixon

I'm not counting Duncan and Borkovic has already moved to the USA.
No Wilson, Hutchinson or Randle. Wilson being the biggest surprise.

I thought Festy was confirmed signing for Udinese ?

2 minutes ago, Jram said:

I thought Festy was confirmed signing for Udinese ?

He will be, but we have to have offered a contract if we are to receive compensation otherwise he just leaves as a free agent.

Edited by Carnero

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

The ones like in the retained list, the U23s.

I don't know, presumably just before the deadline to submit the retained list. It's probably considered that, even though we're in administration, the value that comes with holding the registration outweighs the potential cost commitment.

2 hours ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

Surely Connor Dixon the biggest surprise? The kids 22 and has a history of niggly injuries that keep him out for weeks sometimes months and has never played a game of adults football in his life!!

Wilson a bigger surprise imo due to squad size and lack of wingers. Before this list was released I had a sneaky feeling we'd keep Dixon for two reasons - squad depth, and giving him a chance to prove himself after his injury troubles.

2 hours ago, Carnero said:

No Kornell McDonald either, surely he could have been backup to Byrne ?‍♂️

Not sure how I missed him. The decision was probably with the view of Bardsley coming in as backup.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Bardell instead?

When did they offer them the contracts then?

Bardell was converted to CB

6 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Not sure how I missed him. The decision was probably with the view of Bardsley coming in as backup.

Bardell was converted to CB

Is Bardsley on the list?

Maybe Bardell will be converted back?

18 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

First team squad
Goalkeepers: Roberts [Foulkes]
Defenders: Byrne, Buchanan, Solomon, Bardell, WGP [Cashin]
Midfielders: Bielik, Bird, Knight, Sibley, Clarke, Ibrahim [Thompson, Watson, Aghatise, CDixon]
Wingers: [Ebiowei, Festy]
Forwards: Stretton, Cybulski

Scholars
Goalkeepers: Evans
Defenders: Brailsford, Aideyan, Christie, Rutt, Moloney, Moore
Midfielders: DRobinson, Sebagabo, Fapetu
Wingers: Richards, Kelly, RND
Forwards: ZDixon

I'm not counting Duncan and Borkovic has already moved to the USA.
No Wilson, Hutchinson or Randle. Wilson being the biggest surprise.

It’s paper thin, but there is enough of a squad to start the season and fulfil fixtures. We might lose week after week but if the admins were to cash in on Knight or someone to provide a chunk of funds for running costs and get tickets on sale to provide additional income the club could start the season in some capacity, allowing more time for a sale to be finalised. 

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

It’s paper thin, but there is enough of a squad to start the season and fulfil fixtures. We might lose week after week but if the admins were to cash in on Knight or someone to provide a chunk of funds for running costs and get tickets on sale to provide additional income the club could start the season in some capacity, allowing more time for a sale to be finalised. 

14 on pro deals and another 14 on scholarships (plus however many making the step up from the U16s)

A worst case scenario won't be pretty, resulting in a trickle down effect with some 14 and 15 year old being drafted into the U18 matchday squad. To strengthen,  we'd be looking at selling at least two of Bielik, Knight, Bird and Sibley to fund signings. Probably looking at £7m of sales to be breaking even next season.

Is this possibly the best matchday squad as things stand?

Roberts
Byrne   Bielik   Buchanan   WGP
DRobinson   Bird
Richards   Sibley   Knight
Stretton

Subs: Evans, Bardell, Solomon, Clarke, Ibrahim, RND, Kelly, Cybulski

Brailsford, Aideyan, Christie, Rutt, Moloney, Moore, Sebagabo, Fapetu, RND, 

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

14 on pro deals and another 14 on scholarships (plus however many making the step up from the U16s)

A worst case scenario won't be pretty, resulting in a trickle down effect with some 14 and 15 year old being drafted into the U18 matchday squad. To strengthen,  we'd be looking at selling at least two of Bielik, Knight, Bird and Sibley to fund signings. Probably looking at £7m of sales to be breaking even next season.

Is this possibly the best matchday squad as things stand?

Roberts
Byrne   Bielik   Buchanan   WGP
DRobinson   Bird
Richards   Sibley   Knight
Stretton

Subs: Evans, Bardell, Solomon, Clarke, Ibrahim, RND, Kelly, Cybulski

Brailsford, Aideyan, Christie, Rutt, Moloney, Moore, Sebagabo, Fapetu, RND, 

Yeah it’s far from ideal, is it? If the admins were to sell a couple to generate funds, it is feasible for the EFL to allow a couple of signings on frees with low wages to supplement the squad and allow us to start the season.
My thinking is would the sale of Bielik and Knight allow us to re-sign Thompson, Cashin, Davies, and Allsop for example? Hard to say what they would generate in a realistic transfer market let alone when we are over a barrel, but if the EFL want Quantuma to prove we can fulfil fixtures and given the clear time pressures of the takeover in relation to fixtures being announced and the season starting it’s one of the only practical solutions I can see, as grim as that is to lose those players it’s the reality of our situation and could mean we limp on until a takeover is sorted.

At this rate, Rooney will be playing upfront with Carol the Tea lady playing just behind him in the hole. 

Or is it Rooney playing behind in Carol the tea lady's hole? 

I dunno. But either way, COYR!!

????