Who could we start next season with, player wise (as it stands)?

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

14 on pro deals and another 14 on scholarships (plus however many making the step up from the U16s)

A worst case scenario won't be pretty, resulting in a trickle down effect with some 14 and 15 year old being drafted into the U18 matchday squad. To strengthen,  we'd be looking at selling at least two of Bielik, Knight, Bird and Sibley to fund signings. Probably looking at £7m of sales to be breaking even next season.

Is this possibly the best matchday squad as things stand?

Roberts
Byrne   Bielik   Buchanan   WGP
DRobinson   Bird
Richards   Sibley   Knight
Stretton

Subs: Evans, Bardell, Solomon, Clarke, Ibrahim, RND, Kelly, Cybulski

Brailsford, Aideyan, Christie, Rutt, Moloney, Moore, Sebagabo, Fapetu, RND, 

Dixon s gotta play a game of football with adults sooner or later pal!!! If he doesn’t make this squad he can give up!!

Edited by Ravabeerbelly

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

If he is willing to stay and we’re able to offer him another season I think he’d do a decent job for us in league 1, might not play every game but would be a good physical option to have up front and his leadership qualities could be key in the face of more adversity. Ideally I’d like a core of the current squad to stay including a couple of the experienced pros like Kazim and Curtis. ? 

On 15/06/2022 at 19:33, Caerphilly Ram said:

If he is willing to stay and we’re able to offer him another season I think he’d do a decent job for us in league 1, might not play every game but would be a good physical option to have up front and his leadership qualities could be key in the face of more adversity. Ideally I’d like a core of the current squad to stay including a couple of the experienced pros like Kazim and Curtis. ? 

Kazim would be excellent in league 1

7 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I get the feeling that we would be in the footballing equivalent of negative equity with Bielik, owing Arsenal more than we get from another club. This given we perhaps overpaid, his legs are made of glass and as such hasnt inflated his value, and we are staring into the abyss money wise. Best case with this might be zero fee, but they take on the Arsenal liabilities - that'll be one creditor off the books, so Q will be happy. Such a horrendous position to be in.

I can see the EFL being quite happy with the 23 squad size in the retained list and keeping us on a 1 in 1 out basis for as long as we stay in Admin. That'll be them being generous and upholding the competitions integrity ?. With Admin now very unlikely to go for MA (because he is mean to them) I can see that going on into the new season, a season that may even start off with someone like Roy Mac in charge as we have no staff left either.

I think I need to go to bed!

37 minutes ago, Chopper said:

I get the feeling that we would be in the footballing equivalent of negative equity with Bielik, owing Arsenal more than we get from another club. This given we perhaps overpaid, his legs are made of glass and as such hasnt inflated his value, and we are staring into the abyss money wise. Best case with this might be zero fee, but they take on the Arsenal liabilities - that'll be one creditor off the books, so Q will be happy. Such a horrendous position to be in.

I can see the EFL being quite happy with the 23 squad size in the retained list and keeping us on a 1 in 1 out basis for as long as we stay in Admin. That'll be them being generous and upholding the competitions integrity ?. With Admin now very unlikely to go for MA (because he is mean to them) I can see that going on into the new season, a season that may even start off with someone like Roy Mac in charge as we have no staff left either.

I think I need to go to bed!

Yes the best we could hope for is another club taking on the outstanding debt to Arsenal. We certainly overpaid for Bielek, and what is more bizarre, Mel Morris approved the purchase when he knew that our finances were dire and he was already looking to sell up. 

51 minutes ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

How have we offered Ebosele a contract? He’s off surely? 

We still hold his registration until the end of the Month, Until then he can only sign a pre contract agreement with Udinese, the terms of which we don't actually know.

16 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

image.png.6288e50f94026f03fef887b2ca05ec54.png

15 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

wow , Festys punching

He's a famous footballer and he's loaded compared to us 'mere mortals', I imagine he's not short of attention!

Wow, reading that back that sounds cynical even for me! ?

Edited by Black ('n' White) Sheep
Read my own comment!

Triallist

Triallist - Triallist - Triallist - Triallist

Triallist

Triallist - Triallist - Triallist

Triallist - Triallist