Who could we start next season with, player wise (as it stands)?

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

Do you think Bardell is ready to be part of the first team squad now then GoC? Would that be as backup RB or 4th/5th CB? Or both?

Should be 5th choice CB. Emergency stand-in, similar to the role McDonald had at RB in 20/21. Can't see him making it as a RB in our team.

17 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

I hope we will have Buchanan, Byrne, Bielik, Bird and Knight but it’s a bit optimistic to think we will have all of them don’t you think?

In two minds about Krystian - with the EFl £ constraints we’ll have firepower for a few others if he goes out on loan, which could involve further strengthening in Jan. Guess he’s still too close to injury for a decent sale to be an option ?

16 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

I hope we will have Buchanan, Byrne, Bielik, Bird and Knight but it’s a bit optimistic to think we will have all of them don’t you think?

Think we wont. Bielik I think will be loaned out, with the world cup around the corner. Buchanan and Byrne, how is their legal advice going? That was probably the end for them, the question is do they go before we get replacements in (legal advice is sound) or after (it isn't, so we get rid once we can cover them). I dont think keeping any players who are trying to use lawyers to get away for free rather than let the club set a decent asking price are the sort we need, no matter how good they are at L1 level.

Stupid money means we will sell any of them for the right price. Bird and Knight I'd like to think will stay, but if losing one of those to a higher club allows us to sign 3-4 more players then they must surely go with our blessing and thanks for all they've done.

So yeah maybe end the transfer window with 1-2 of them still available for selection.

13 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

In two minds about Krystian - with the EFl £ constraints we’ll have firepower for a few others if he goes out on loan, which could involve further strengthening in Jan. Guess he’s still too close to injury for a decent sale to be an option ?

I have to say I wonder who would risk him on loan tbh?

5 hours ago, Simon Bradley said:

Just back from pubs celebrating best 2 days for 9 months club saved new signings new contracts and ive brought yet another retro derby shirt coyrs

I’m going to buy some new training gear when it’s released. I’m so excited - and I’m nearly 31, shouldn’t be ever this excited for TRAINING GEAR. 

Then I’ll slip into moor farm and pretend I’m on trial. 

Wasn't sure if this deserved its own thread, but was looking at the squad numbers

Plenty of free numbers

1 - 
2 - Byrne
3 - 
4 - 
5 - Bielik
6 - 
7 - 
8 - Bird
9 - 
10 - 
11 - 
12 - 
13 - 
14 - 
15 - 
16 - 
17 - Sibley
18 - 
26 - Buchanan
34 - Stretton
38 - Knight
41 - Cashin
42 - Thompson

Barkhuizen     (29 at Preston)
Wildsmith      (28 at Sheffield Wednesday)
Mendez-Laing (19 at Middlesbrough, Cardiff, Rochdale, Peterborough, Shrewsbury)

54 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Should be 5th choice CB. Emergency stand-in, similar to the role McDonald had at RB in 20/21. Can't see him making it as a RB in our team.

That's why I wondered why you had listed him in the first place. I wouldn't really class him as a first team squad player at this stage, nor Stretton to be honest.

I'm looking at it that we currently have 11 first team squad members (Wildsmith, Byrne, Bielik, Cashin, Buchanan, Knight, Bird, Lil' Tommo, NML, Sibley & Barkhuizen) with another 11 to add including senior renewals (such as Davies, Stearman, Fozzy & CKR).

Edit: plus of course needing to replace any that end up leaving (e.g. Byrne, Buchanan, Bielik, Knight)

Edited by Carnero

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I think the loan terms might require us to bear the risk. Which might mean we’re better off retaining total control  Dunno. I do wonder whether he needs a spell at CB to keep mileage down and regain full strength 

46 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We all know how good a player he can be so I guess a club willing to take a calculated risk. Take him on loan, cover his wages, anything happens on the injury front loan ends and we have to pay the wages again. Perhaps a team with a bit more depth in midfield so they don’t have to build the side around him but would benefit from his ability when fit. Bournemouth? West Brom? Norwich? 

29 minutes ago, Carnero said:

That's why I wondered why you had listed him in the first place. I wouldn't really class him as a first team squad player at this stage, nor Stretton to be honest.

I'm looking at it that we currently have 11 first team squad members (Wildsmith, Byrne, Bielik, Cashin, Buchanan, Knight, Bird, Lil' Tommo, NML, Sibley & Barkhuizen) with another 11 to add including senior renewals (such as Davies, Stearman, Fozzy & CKR).

Edit: plus of course needing to replace any that end up leaving (e.g. Byrne, Buchanan, Bielik, Knight)

Well, the EFL might feel our squad is too good and stop us from signing more players. He'll be in the first team squad then ?

1 hour ago, Gerry Daly said:

I'm working off the assumption they're off... they're too good for L1 after all. If any stay then it's a massive boost! Ending up with something like this:

Wildsmith, GK, Foulkes

RB, RB

Davies, Chester, Cashin, Stearman

LB, Forsyth

Thompson, Johnson, Hourihane, CM, CM, Huddlestone

Sibley, Barkhuizen, Mendez-Laing, Sotona

McGoldrick, Kazim, Stretton, Cybulski

5 contract extensions and 12 signings if the 5 you list leave.

3 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

Are you sure? Still listed on the official site. Be surprised if they did release him, he played a few times for the first team 

Here's the 'released' list. It lists players under 24 and not offered deals, and players over 24 regardless of any offer on this table.

SmartSelect_20220703-120504_Drive.thumb.jpg.37baa675d37a941ca27c7169c9051e7b.jpg

9 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Wildsmith, Byrne, Cashin  Bardell, Buchanan, Bielik, Bird, Knight, Sibley, LThompson, Barkhuizen, Mendez-Laing, Stretton, Cybulski

Hopefully Davies, Fozzy, Stearman and CKR will soon be added to this list.

I am just looking at where the "biggest holes" in our sqaud is at the moment.

38 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Here's the 'released' list. It lists players under 24 and not offered deals, and players over 24 regardless of any offer on this table.

SmartSelect_20220703-120504_Drive.thumb.jpg.37baa675d37a941ca27c7169c9051e7b.jpg

lol Am I the only idiot who read it as two separate lists for a second and was like - who the hell is Curtis eugene? And didn’t realise we had so many one name players ???

1 hour ago, Ram1988 said:

Hopefully Davies, Fozzy, Stearman and CKR will soon be added to this list.

I am just looking at where the "biggest holes" in our sqaud is at the moment.

Oh I think we know who the "biggest holes" in our squad are... Werder Bremen may take one though.