Who could we start next season with, player wise (as it stands)?

37 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I hope every player has been offered a new contract, who will stay I don't know. 

Every player? We know who of the U24s have been offered deals, but hopefully those offers will be modified so they're more than just 1 year deals.
That only leaves Roos, Davies, Stearman, Forsyth, Ravel, Lawrence and Kazim as others we can try to keep. Roos and Lawrence likely to be too expensive to keep.

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Every player? We know who of the U24s have been offered deals, but hopefully those offers will be modified so they're more than just 1 year deals.
That only leaves Roos, Davies, Stearman, Forsyth, Ravel, Lawrence and Kazim as others we can try to keep. Roos and Lawrence likely to be too expensive to keep.

I'd hope those have been offered deals. Roos might lower his wage demands, depends on if he's been guaranteed game time. He's been here a long time so I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed. Lawrence you would expect to go but it'll be interesting to see if Rooney has offered him anything. I think Lawrence owes a lot to this football club, we have stuck by him and supported him through the toughest of times. 

1 hour ago, Rammy03 said:

I'd hope those have been offered deals. Roos might lower his wage demands, depends on if he's been guaranteed game time. He's been here a long time so I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed. Lawrence you would expect to go but it'll be interesting to see if Rooney has offered him anything. I think Lawrence owes a lot to this football club, we have stuck by him and supported him through the toughest of times. 

I can see Lawrence leaving, but I do find in interesting that he hasn’t signed anywhere else yet. Could he have been waiting until the last minute, as you point out the club and the majority of the fans have stood by him, perhaps he’s planning to repay that loyalty ? 

Probably not of course, but I’m full of optimism today 

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

I can see Lawrence leaving, but I do find in interesting that he hasn’t signed anywhere else yet. Could he have been waiting until the last minute, as you point out the club and the majority of the fans have stood by him, perhaps he’s planning to repay that loyalty ? 

With Lawrence, his motivation other than money would have been to get into the Wales side for the WC but the Wales manager has made it abundantly clear he won't be in the squad under any circumstances (fair enough with his GTA antics and he does have a random red card in him)

Hope against hope he likes Rooney, the club and being captain more than playing for Norwich/Burnley. You'd feel comfortable about us at least not going down with his goals in L1.

9 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

He can't actually sign until July 1st, though I appreciate deals are often agreed and announced beforehand. Perhaps he's being respectful and doesn't want to announce anything until he's officially left the Club?

11 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

With Lawrence, his motivation other than money would have been to get into the Wales side for the WC but the Wales manager has made it abundantly clear he won't be in the squad under any circumstances (fair enough with his GTA antics and he does have a random red card in him)

Hope against hope he likes Rooney, the club and being captain more than playing for Norwich/Burnley. You'd feel comfortable about us at least not going down with his goals in L1.

He'd comfortably be the best player in league one

35 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

You never know... although his speech at the training ground at the end of last season did certainly make it seem like he was moving on. Maybe he hasn't had an offer he deems 'interesting' enough?

I hope he does stay... and that we can keep the players from last season still without other deals in place.

Roos
Byrne  Davies  Cashin  Buchanan
             Bird  Thompson
      Sibley  Knight  Lawrence
                     NEW

All we'd need is a decent L1 centre-forward, some competition for Roos and a bit of depth for the bench and that would be a pretty damn good 1st team.

18 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

You never know... although his speech at the training ground at the end of last season did certainly make it seem like he was moving on. Maybe he hasn't had an offer he deems 'interesting' enough?

I hope he does stay... and that we can keep the players from last season still without other deals in place.

Roos
Byrne  Davies  Cashin  Buchanan
             Bird  Thompson
      Sibley  Knight  Lawrence
                     NEW

All we'd need is a decent L1 centre-forward, some competition for Roos and a bit of depth for the bench and that would be a pretty damn good 1st team.

As has been mentioned, the club and the majority of the fans have stood by him (and others), so not sure its an option, but just a thought, could the likes of Lawrence sign a contract and if the season starts badly and a shot at returning first season is way off, then a clause in his contract be included allowing him to go at his market value in the winter transfer window or end of the season, plus the contract rolls on in the unlikely event we go back up.

That way, he is technically only signing up for half/one season.

I appreciate its probable he will move on to a different club from 1st July but I would like to see us re-paid somehow.

Cheers

Gangway D from the terrace

Edited by GangwayD

On 14/06/2022 at 12:54, Ghost of Clough said:

Retained list was recently released...

Festy could still be with us next season!!!

image.thumb.png.804fdbb86df7a126208dca8302ed9703.png

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/efl-retained-list-squad-numbers/

As the youngsters have been offered contracts can we expect most of them (bar Ebiowei and Ebosele and Duncan!) to be in for preseason training? Do we think they'll sign up?

20 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

As the youngsters have been offered contracts can we expect most of them (bar Ebiowei and Ebosele and Duncan!) to be in for preseason training? Do we think they'll sign up?

I would expect all of those listed to turn up, including those who've been offered deals. I also expect the older pros who've been offered deals will too.

Rams TV ordinarily do a video special of the players turning up for the first day of preseason training. I vividly remember watching the video last year. Assuming they do the same again, it will be the most intriguing video for a long time!! I bet the car park might look a little empty though…

1 hour ago, Sussex Ram said:

Rams TV ordinarily do a video special of the players turning up for the first day of preseason training. I vividly remember watching the video last year. Assuming they do the same again, it will be the most intriguing video for a long time!! I bet the car park might look a little empty though…

The video will last about 15 seconds 

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

True?

Not sure where this has originated from, but I'd expect it would be 2 of Stearman, Fozzy & CKR.

I'd keep Fozzy for sure, but Rooney's interview at the end of last season raised some doubt over whether he wanted him to stay.

9 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Not sure where this has originated from, but I'd expect it would be 2 of Stearman, Fozzy & CKR.

I'd keep Fozzy for sure, but Rooney's interview at the end of last season raised some doubt over whether he wanted him to stay.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/derby-county-transfer-news-roos-7255632

This is the source of the info. Doesn’t say who the others are. This is the quote;

“Roos was one of three players over the age of 24 who was not offered new terms by the Rams before they submitted their retained list to the EFL. Roos is searching for a new club ahead of his Derby exit becoming official later this month.”

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/derby-county-transfer-news-roos-7255632

This is the source of the info. Doesn’t say who the others are. This is the quote;

“Roos was one of three players over the age of 24 who was not offered new terms by the Rams before they submitted their retained list to the EFL. Roos is searching for a new club ahead of his Derby exit becoming official later this month.”

Seen on twitter he has gone to Aberdeen. Might be true

New Keeper 

Bryne Davies Cashin Buchanan

Bird Thompson 

Sibley New New 

New 

Subs Foulkes  Fozzie Soloman Clarke Dixon Watson Stretton Agagstie 

Assumes Roos, Beilik, Lawerence and Knight have been sold. 

Edited by Magicman

Players over the age of 24 who’s contracts are/were due to expire; 

Allsop, Roos, Davies, Stearman, Fozzy, Ravel, Lawrence, Kazim.

My guess is Allsop, Stearman, Davies, Ravel and Lawrence were offered new terms meaning Kazim, Fozzy and Roos were not. Pure guesswork on my part, no logic applied.