Nathan Byrne - Joined Charlotte FC

Rambalin

15 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

I know it means literally nothing, but someone edited his wikipedia page yesterday to say he plays for Birmingham City... Strange since he hasn't been linked with them yet?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_Byrne

He can be linked to Robirch Sausages, We have his registration, So unless this is settled he's going no where

27 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

He can be linked to Robirch Sausages, We have his registration, So unless this is settled he's going no where

He's potentially burned his bridges at both ends here... No way back at Derby after the betrayal, and potentially registration-locked out of playing for anyone else without compensation.

He'd better keep his fingers crossed that a Championship team decides a 30-year old RB is worth the comp fee, which isn't a given

1 hour ago, YorkshireRam said:

I know it means literally nothing, but someone edited his wikipedia page yesterday to say he plays for Birmingham City... Strange since he hasn't been linked with them yet?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_Byrne

Now that would serve him right. Jumped ship at Wigan so as not to play in the third tier. Signed for Derby only for them to be relegated to the third tier. And then he signs for Birmingham City, probably the biggest basket case club in the EFL at the moment who wouldn't surprise anybody if they dropped to the third tier! Or maybe he's placed a bet that he can be relegated at three successive clubs?

7 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

I hope we aren't waiting for the Byrne situation to be sorted before we can get a right back in. If he doesn't want to play for us surley we should just release him before we becomes a negative influence.

I don’t think he’s training at Moor Farm?

8 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

I hope we aren't waiting for the Byrne situation to be sorted before we can get a right back in. If he doesn't want to play for us surley we should just release him before we becomes a negative influence.

Ah, so you're suggesting that any player that "doesn't want to play for us" should simply be released? - regardless of the length of their contract ; how much we paid for them; what their possible resale value is? That will make the football transfer market an interesting place....good grief

9 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

There will be a point where any fee we receive for him outweighs the wages we're paying out. But, by letting Byrne leave for free it would compromise the Buchannan situation too. 
Even if we do make a 'loss' on Byrne, it is heavily outweighed by the compensation gained for Buchanan.

19 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

There will be a point where any fee we receive for him outweighs the wages we're paying out. But, by letting Byrne leave for free it would compromise the Buchannan situation too. 
Even if we do make a 'loss' on Byrne, it is heavily outweighed by the compensation gained for Buchanan.

We won't be paying him though surely. We'll be fining him the equivalent if he's refusing to come and train with us.

If we have asked him to stay away - could be a different issue.

7 minutes ago, rammieib said:

We won't be paying him though surely. We'll be fining him the equivalent if he's refusing to come and train with us.

I imagine the wages would be put in an escrow? The outcome of the tribunal would then determine what happens to that money.
   1. Contract deemed valid - possibly fined for not turning up for work and the club reclaim it.
   2. Contract deemed invalid - club reclaim the money anyway.

Someone else will likely have a better understanding than me though.

36 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I imagine the wages would be put in an escrow? The outcome of the tribunal would then determine what happens to that money.
   1. Contract deemed valid - possibly fined for not turning up for work and the club reclaim it.

That's what I was assuming too

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

This type of thing gets so messy. 

However, worst case here is that we don't pay him any of the wages but he wins his case that his contract can be terminated AND we have to release his registration and therefore, don't get a fee.

Best case now is that we are in the right. He doesn't get any wages for breach of contract (i.e Not turning up to work) and we can claim a fee if he leaves.

Why he can't have just acted professionally by coming back to work, getting his head down, privately asking for a transfer away, but getting fit, is beyond me. Personally I'd never treat my employer the way he is.

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

This type of thing gets so messy. 

However, worst case here is that we don't pay him any of the wages but he wins his case that his contract can be terminated AND we have to release his registration and therefore, don't get a fee.

Best case now is that we are in the right. He doesn't get any wages for breach of contract (i.e Not turning up to work) and we can claim a fee if he leaves.

Why he can't have just acted professionally by coming back to work, getting his head down, privately asking for a transfer away, but getting fit, is beyond me. Personally I'd never treat my employer the way he is.

Exactly. I just do not get what he's getting out of this. On the back of his performances over the last couple of seasons a team would have bought him. We would have got him fit and ready for the season, he would have got his move, we would have received a fee, and he would go with warm wishes. Worst case scenario, he would have had to play for us until Christmas. Would that really have been so bad? I just don't understand it. 

14 minutes ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

Exactly. I just do not get what he's getting out of this. On the back of his performances over the last couple of seasons a team would have bought him. We would have got him fit and ready for the season, he would have got his move, we would have received a fee, and he would go with warm wishes. Worst case scenario, he would have had to play for us until Christmas. Would that really have been so bad? I just don't understand it. 

image.png.9ec60545ef966c3a2ab89126cf4c928c.png

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

He would be booked ABSENT from work and not paid

28 minutes ago, deano180 said:

He would be booked ABSENT from work and not paid

We're getting into the minutiae of contract/employment law, If Byrne is under contract then he must be paid by DCFC, DCFC have legal reps advising what they can and can not do, If he's not turning up for work but being paid...he could also be fined.

I would imagine the players union are somewhere involved and be advising Byrne/Agent on their rights.

The longer this plays out, The less time Byrne is getting fit or a move.

Unfortunately money and loyalty do not go hand in hand.