Nathan Byrne - Joined Charlotte FC

Rambalin

51 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Lots of complaining about his character, but this isn’t the first time he’s done this. Isn’t that how we signed him from Wigan? They got relegated, he chose to stay in the division. We knew this about him

No, the Administrators for Wigan wanted his wages off the books. He didn't tear up his contract. 

7 minutes ago, whiteroseram said:

Exactly, I believe we paid a fee? I very small fee (as we know if the drill for a team in aministration who need those wages off the books) but an agreed fe non the less 

Yes, we did. I've seen c. £100k mentioned, but I don't know for sure. 

Thinking about this logically, if Byrne has TUPE'd himself out of his employment contact, then he was not transferred to the new company which now owns the club. If he was not transferred, then he is not employed by the new company and is not being paid a wage.

Derby County FC continue to hold his player registration.

Nathan Byrne is currently unemployed.

Good luck finding a new job Nath... ?

2 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Thinking about this logically, if Byrne has TUPE'd himself out of his employment contact, then he was not transferred to the new company which now owns the club. If he was not transferred, then he is not employed by the new company and is not being paid a wage.

Derby County FC continue to hold his player registration.

Nathan Byrne is currently unemployed.

Good luck finding a new job Nath... ?

It’s all guesswork at the moment really, but my amateur reading in the situation would be he’s essentially made himself unemployed but with no potential to work again in the football league because of the player registration (until this is sorted out). Not sure how it would work if he was to move abroad, which would be tougher at his age. 

Byrne has been poorly advised at his age, had he knocked on Rosenior’s door and said look, I really would like to leave if possible, I have no doubts he would have been given the go ahead to find a new club.

Given his age and contract, you can’t imagine we would have wanted silly money for him, meanwhile he would continue to be paid, training.

As a professional footballer, if no club was to show any interest, he would have the chance to knuckle down and show his heads now here for the season. It’s possible, look at Harry Kane, albeit slightly different situation.

What Byrne has done is burnt his bridges, there is no way he would be accepted back into the team either by Rosenior or the fans, potentially finds himself sitting out for a season now until this is all sorted out.

Also think it has publicly damaged his reputation somewhat, when signing players clubs will run the background checks, what’s he like, is he professional, trains hard, on time…..now he’s seen as a player trying to find loopholes to jump ship when the going gets tough. That’s not a character trait you want in the dressing room.

2 minutes ago, David said:

Byrne has been poorly advised at his age, had he knocked on Rosenior’s door and said look, I really would like to leave if possible, I have no doubts he would have been given the go ahead to find a new club.

Given his age and contract, you can’t imagine we would have wanted silly money for him, meanwhile he would continue to be paid, training.

As a professional footballer, if no club was to show any interest, he would have the chance to knuckle down and show his heads now here for the season. It’s possible, look at Harry Kane, albeit slightly different situation.

What Byrne has done is burnt his bridges, there is no way he would be accepted back into the team either by Rosenior or the fans, potentially finds himself sitting out for a season now until this is all sorted out.

Also think it has publicly damaged his reputation somewhat, when signing players clubs will run the background checks, what’s he like, is he professional, trains hard, on time…..now he’s seen as a player trying to find loopholes to jump ship when the going gets tough. That’s not a character trait you want in the dressing room.

Spot on but the logic starts to falter a bit in modern football in the EFL as nearly all the clubs are not paying transfer fees which is now a Byrne problem for himself.

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

Spot on but the logic starts to falter a bit in modern football in the EFL as nearly all the clubs are not paying transfer fees which is now a Byrne problem for himself.

Whilst clubs are not splashing the cash, money is being spent and 250k tops for Byrne wouldn’t be out the question for a few Championship clubs.

11 minutes ago, David said:

But on the upside, he's just been compared to Harry Kane, silver lining 

20 minutes ago, Jackal said:

I'm sure he can find plenty of temporary work during the 6 week holidays. Shop work, pizza delivery guy etc. etc. 

I’d order a custard pie just so I could slap it in his face at the door.

Like has been said on another thread, him and Rebekah Vardy must share a brain cell.

Edited by Grumpy Git

14 hours ago, brady1993 said:

I kinda agree. 

Always thought that in an attacking sense he was pretty 1 dimensional. Get a half a yard and loft floaty ball in the box. He'd pretty consistently do it and would be in the right area but it'd not always be the best option and wasn't hard to defend against for the most part because there was no real pace at it was at head height.

I will say though had we had a good target man at the time then he'd have probably racked up assists for fun. 

True enough but his running off the ball in to space helped enormously. That old adage, make yourself available. He covered miles on that flank with some lung bursting runs, just to be an option for the man with the ball or an extra threat for the defender to watch. 

Just now, jono said:

True enough but his running off the ball in to space helped enormously. That old adage, make yourself available. He covered miles on that flank with some lung bursting runs, just to be an option for the man with the ball or an extra threat for the defender to watch. 

That's a fair challenge and true. Still I can't shake the feeling that he was a touch overrated going forwards especially as we played in a way that would work the ball out to him in space a fair bit.

2 hours ago, David said:

The other thing that he risks a little is that clubs essentially forget about him. He's not a player with that big a profile and for most of his career his football has been split between league 1 and the bottom end of the championship. The longer this draws out, the longer he hasn't trained and the more likely anyone who would be interested has moved on largely because he's not an irreplaceable target. 

I mean look at someone like Wisdom who is still without a club and he conducted himself far better and had a higher profile.

4 hours ago, brady1993 said:

The other thing that he risks a little is that clubs essentially forget about him. He's not a player with that big a profile and for most of his career his football has been split between league 1 and the bottom end of the championship. The longer this draws out, the longer he hasn't trained and the more likely anyone who would be interested has moved on largely because he's not an irreplaceable target. 

I mean look at someone like Wisdom who is still without a club and he conducted himself far better and had a higher profile.

Took Tom Huddleston 12months to get another club didn't it (and Hull wouldn't have got him in if he wasn't a former player I reckon)? And he has a considerable profile