Nathan Byrne - Joined Charlotte FC

Rambalin

What happens now if he decides to stay on the current contracts wages, or waits until the window is shut and then turns up?

I'm getting confused about what he wants out of this and what we might end up with. Better to let him go on a free or end his contract, to save us his wages?

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What happens now if he decides to stay on the current contracts wages, or waits until the window is shut and then turns up?

I'm getting confused about what he wants out of this and what we might end up with. Better to let him go on a free or end his contract, to save us his wages?

I guess there is a slight difficulty in that allowing Byrne to leave for nothing sets a precedent for Buchanan as well.

I would imagine we are not too bothered about what we get for Byrne but are much more so about Buchanan and rightly so

16 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Absolutely not, he won’t be receiving wages if he hasn’t abided by the employers rules ie off sick, absent with permission etc - we hold his registration otherwise he would have signed for someone else in England and either another football club buys that registration or the player buys it to enable him to move and play professional football. 

29 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Absolutely not, he won’t be receiving wages if he hasn’t abided by the employers rules ie off sick, absent with permission etc - we hold his registration otherwise he would have signed for someone else in England and either another football club buys that registration or the player buys it to enable him to move and play professional football. 

So what happens if he says 'okay you win, I'll come back and play the extra year'?

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

So what happens if he says 'okay you win, I'll come back and play the extra year'?

Byrne would need to regain support and trust with the fans, I suspect his teammates would welcome him back with a little more ease than those on the terraces. 
In my opinion it’s not yet reached a point where he couldn’t do so, if he decides to honour the contract, issues a statement saying sorry, then gives his all on the pitch and helps the team succeed there’ll be plenty who will shelve their grievances with his behaviour, there’ll also be a handful who won’t let it slide.

2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I rather he leave now I dont want a player sulking because he cant leave even through he agreed to new contract that was given to him.

Yes but we need to pay for a replacement and whatever money we can get goes towards that or bringing in a better forward 

21 hours ago, archram said:

Even if he came back he hasn’t had a preseason and would take some time before he’s match fit. Then he gets an ‘injury’ and is out for a few months. So whatever happens we’ll probably not see him again.

I wouldn't want him back, He's burnt his bridges, How many would support him in the changing room...It's a nope from me Go Do It GIF by Saturday Night Live