Malcolm Ebiowei yeah? Gone to C Palace.

taggy180

I actually expected him to be one to stick around, but I can’t blame him for moving on. As I’ve mentioned before, he got a lot of interest from good clubs considering he’s already been moved on twice before his 18th birthday which usually doesn’t happen. 

A very tricky player, lots to develop on, wish him the absolute best at Palace and hope he does carve a career out at the top level. 

13 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

All the money and time mel spent investing in the accademy, nurturing home grown talent so derby can follow the soton model and have their own ‘derby way’ gone in a poof of smoke because of the gross mis management of the club he supported as a boy .. what a f****** idiot

Sickening.

Just indicative of where our club is now. Seemingly a feeder club for Crystal Palace once again, and one of our ‘big’ pre season games is against Leicester!

How far we have fallen. 

Edited by Rammeister

54 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Pretty much went there 2 months ago didn't he based on cryptic Plange.  Another one that was begging for games as recently as December. Even his mum got involved.  Are our friends at Crystal Palace paying us the 500k -1 million they'll get as a loan fee for next season. Are they paying anything at all.  Won't hold my breath. 

We can’t be too over the top on this. Plange and him weren’t even here last year, we’ve made some money out of Plange and hopefully we’ll get a few hundred grand for Malcolm. I think this could’ve happened anyway regardless of our situation. It’s the ones like Kellyman that upset me more.

Huge talent, think he’ll get a champ loan next season and rip it up. 

16 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

We can’t be too over the top on this. Plange and him weren’t even here last year, we’ve made some money out of Plange and hopefully we’ll get a few hundred grand for Malcolm. I think this could’ve happened anyway regardless of our situation. It’s the ones like Kellyman that upset me more.

Huge talent, think he’ll get a champ loan next season and rip it up. 

We don't get any money for this

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

We will, he's under 24 and was offered new terms (as per the EFL retained list) so we'll be entitled to compensation either by an agreed fee or via tribunal.

I don't understand. I thought the club is not allowed to offer new contracts. That's why we only have 7 players next week.

It seems to me that the retained list means absolutely nothing.

12 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I don't understand. I thought the club is not allowed to offer new contracts. That's why we only have 7 players next week.

We could offer terms to under 24's.

The retained list doesn't mean nothing, terms have been offered to a handful of under 24's meaning we're entitled to compensation if they go elsewhere.

You obviously don't like being corrected but that's still the case.

8 minutes ago, Carnero said:

The retained list doesn't mean nothing, terms have been offered to a handful of under 24's meaning we're entitled to compensation if they go elsewhere.

It won't be a great amount though, seeing as he's only been here a year, and the compensation is for costs incurred in his training. 

If we got 200k as a settlement, I'd be surprised.  

I don't blame him at all, a five year contract at an established stepping stone PL club vs a possible, maybe extension at a lower wage for a shorter term.

34 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Ta. I don't mind being corrected at all. That's why I said 'I don't understand'.

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

15 players on professional contracts, 8 others offered pro contracts (although Ebiowei and Festy are 2 of those), 15 2nd year scholars and some 1st year scholars.

I think that's more than 7.

2 hours ago, Magicman said:

Won't be any loss to us but he is another greedy young lad seeking fame without much  effort. 

he did well towards the end of the season and after 2 rejections managed so get a starting place in the champioship. Understand being disappointed with him leaving when he could have been a good player for L1 but to say he did not put the effort in is a bit harsh