Malcolm Ebiowei yeah? Gone to C Palace.

taggy180

16 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

15 players on professional contracts, 8 others offered pro contracts (although Ebiowei and Festy are 2 of those), 15 2nd year scholars and some 1st year scholars.

I think that's more than 7.

Players that we could play and players that we should play are different though. We only have 7 players that should be playing first team football.

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

Of course I was suggesting that was the actual reason. Durrr!

Don’t really see the reason to make such a snarky comment. Think I’ve seen one or two fans criticising Ebiowei. They’re wrong of course, but entitled to their view. They’re not lesser fans because of it.

7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Don’t really see the reason to make such a snarky comment. Think I’ve seen one or two fans criticising Ebiowei. They’re wrong of course, but entitled to their view. They’re not lesser fans because of it.

Still t**** though ?

3 hours ago, Magicman said:

Won't be any loss to us but he is another greedy young lad seeking fame without much  effort. 

Anyone that has been in or around the an academy system can tell you how much effort goes into trying to secure a first team contract.

The lad has been through Arsenal's youth system, got cut and tried to get his career back on track at Rangers and then with us. He's taking his opportunities in a cut throat business. Good luck to him and his career, I'm thankful that he played his part on the pitch and was a bright spark in a dark period for the club.

Bit daft on his part. If our takeover comes through he would of been first name on team sheet. Now he'll rot in reserves like he did at arsenal and rangers.

Good luck to him but i hope we dont waste a loan having him back like we did Plange.

Just goes to show how badly advised young footballers are nowadays. Stay at Derby, develop playing regular  first team football, or go to Palace, who have a multitude of players ahead of him and get no where near the team. All that said I don't blame him for going considering the state that our dear club is currently in. Just a shame, that he doesn't show a little bit of that same loyalty that we showed him when Rooney gave him his first taste of senior football. The move further up the ladder would have happened down the line. Shame that he, or his agent seem so short sighted.

Edited by DanS1992

1 hour ago, DanS1992 said:

Just goes to show how badly advised young footballers are nowadays. Stay at Derby, develop playing regular  first team football, or go to Palace, who have a multitude of players ahead of him and get no where near the team. All that said I don't blame him for going considering the state that our dear club is currently in. Just a shame, that he doesn't show a little bit of that same loyalty that we showed him when Rooney gave him his first taste of senior football. The move further up the ladder would have happened down the line. Shame that he, or his agent seem so short sighted.

He has a very good opportunity to play at Palace. They blood young players, if he’s good enough he’ll get the opportunity. Has he gone to United I’d have agreed with you. But I actually think this is a smart choice for him. 

2 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

He has a very good opportunity to play at Palace. They blood young players, if he’s good enough he’ll get the opportunity. Has he gone to United I’d have agreed with you. But I actually think this is a smart choice for him. 

I dunno. They have Olise, Eze and Zaha vying for that position.

3 minutes ago, DanS1992 said:

I dunno. They have Olise, Eze and Zaha vying for that position.

From the YT comps I've seen of the above they are all players who cut inside early and are more inside wingers. Ebiowei runs to the byline and takes players on on the outside. Maybe Palace are looking for a different option so this makes sense. Would probably be on the bench a lot and put on when their wingers aren't working out.

Going to Palace under Viera is probably a good move for the lad tbh. If he'd have gone to United, he'd have either been loaned out immediately or stuck in the under 23's. At Palace, he'll likely have a chance at first team football even if it's only in fits and bursts. But it is another valuable player who has left, another gap to fill for us in what is looking like an increasingly threadbare and patchwork squad. Hopefully any deal for the club can be made in the next week or 2 at most, so we can start to address the borderline perilous state our squad finds itself in. 

I’ll wait for him and Ebosele to actually leave but for me that’s an easy £20-£40 million walking right out of the door - we would have been better off not showing the world how good they were until under long term contracts and played them a hell of a lot less - same goes for Thompson and Cashin 

Edited by Sparkle

8 hours ago, DanS1992 said:

Yeah, terrible advice. You're right, he should reject that 5 year contract on offer at Palace, where he will either get loaned out to a championship club or perhaps get some chances in a premier League team. Instead he should take the 1 or 2 year offer from a League 1 club he's been at for a season, for probably significantly less money.

I'm as frustrated as others are that we're losing players we've helped develop and given a chance to, but suggesting he's making a bad decision for his career is ridiculous.

Edited by Crazy
Typo

8 hours ago, DanS1992 said:

The terrible advice would be to stay at Derby

21 hours ago, Magicman said:

Won't be any loss to us but he is another greedy young lad seeking fame without much  effort. 

What a selfish b****** he is. How dare he secure a 5 year contract on more money with better facilities and better prospects. He should be staying with the league 1 club that is currently in administration, struggling to pay wages and going into a new season with half a squad with no gurantee that the club will even exist in 6 months time.

The lad has made the correct decision. Its not his fault Derby have been so poorly run. He needs to look after his own career.