Malcolm Ebiowei yeah? Gone to C Palace.

taggy180

Nixon apparently reporting that Ebiowei is to sign for Palace, with the fee set by a tribunal (so probably about £100K if we're lucky). Club offered him a contract but it's no surprise if he's decided to sign for a PL club. Expect him and Plange to be loaned out to a Championship club next season. 

Thanks again Mel Morris and the EFL's destructive rules that disadvantage both the club and its creditors. 

13 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

No loyalty gets released by 2 clubs and then gets first team chances to then bolt 

Same as Ebosele, both got their chance and both leaving at the first opportunity. (Hopefully the news with Ebiowie is wide of the mark) 

In the case of Plange and Ebiowei, you can't expect a young player to develop a strong sense of loyalty to a club they only joined last summer, when PL clubs come calling. 

In the case of Ebosele, he had a dilemma : back in early February, it was touch and go as to whether we'd even survive as a club. We couldn't even offer him a contract. Then a Serie A club comes along offering a €1m signing on fee and a €0.5m pa contract, but you expect him to wait to see if Derby can pay him the same salary without that signing on fee? I think you're not being either fair or realistic. 

Depressing that a tinpot outfit like Palace are in a place where they can asset-strip Derby. 

Player loyalty, or lack of it aside, it's about time the PL and EFL had a look at the way in which clubs outside the Prem are compensated when the big boys come calling. The current situation could almost be tailormade to ensure the PL clubs pay a pittance for lower divisions' highest rated youth products. It seems to be a system whose sole purpose is to maintain the status quo. Enough is enough now and the independent regulators need to address this sooner rather than later.

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

Nixon apparently reporting that Ebiowei is to sign for Palace, with the fee set by a tribunal (so probably about £100K if we're lucky). Club offered him a contract but it's no surprise if he's decided to sign for a PL club. Expect him and Plange to be loaned out to a Championship club next season. 

Thanks again Mel Morris and the EFL's destructive rules that disadvantage both the club and its creditors. 

But Palace are our friends aren't they. No way they'd take advantage of our situation. ? 

I would be very disappointed if the lad left at this point in time as he doesn’t need to rush but he does need to play football and Derby is the best place for him currently - in terms of Plange well he’s not the greatest and we would need a different type of forward in league one I believe whilst Ebosele leaving was extremely disappointing 

1 hour ago, RedSox said:

A game of opinions..... Question is, whose to believe.

"@BradJonesJourno

Freelance Journalist. Old Twitter taken down (3k+) Arsenal fan, Midlands Based. Don’t like my tweets? Move on. Mainly cover Burnley and Aston Villa

Joined January 2022

5 Following

230 Followers"

Why would he know owt? You'd have to hope CK completes before the end of June ffs! ?

37 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Would we refuse to welcome a player to our club who had shown disloyalty to their club in leaving them in the same manner some folks are casting aspersions on Planges and Ebioweis loyalties. 

No, of course we wouldn't. It's a ridiculous position to take. I can understand Festy getting a bit of blowback, because he seemed to play well within himself in a few games after the Udinese deal went through, but anyone expecting him to turn down that deal at the time it was offered is being very one-eyed. In Plange's case, Palace at least appear to have put in a reasonable offer for a player with a dozen 1st team appearances to his name and allowed him to stay on with us. That's more consideration than any Football League team bidding for our players showed.

Tbf I can understand if he goes to Palace. They do develop young players well.

Zaha 

Eze

Mitchell 

Wan Bissaka 

Guehi 

Olise 

I don’t blame him for going to a club like that where if he’s good enough he’ll get the opportunity in the premier league. 

4 minutes ago, Crewton said:

No, of course we wouldn't. It's a ridiculous position to take. I can understand Festy getting a bit of blowback, because he seemed to play well within himself in a few games after the Udinese deal went through, but anyone expecting him to turn down that deal at the time it was offered is being very one-eyed. In Plange's case, Palace at least appear to have put in a reasonable offer for a player with a dozen 1st team appearances to his name and allowed him to stay on with us. That's more consideration than any Football League team bidding for our players showed.

Wasn't advocating that was putting it out there that seems very hypocritical that players on our books who show alleged disloyalty to the club are pariahs by some folks on here but on the flip side it's perfectly ok to sign a player from another club who's exhibiting the same purported behaviour. 

What's sauce for the goose and all that. 

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Wasn't advocating that was putting it out there that seems very hypocritical that players on our books who show alleged disloyalty to the club are pariahs by some folks on here but on the flip side it's perfectly ok to sign a player from another club who's exhibiting the same purported behaviour. 

What's sauce for the goose and all that. 

Did Barkhuizen turn down a PNE contract? Was he brought through by them? I don't know.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Did Barkhuizen turn down a PNE contract? Was he brought through by them? I don't know.

"Released" according to press reports. Signed from Morecambe in 2017. Was shifted to Wing-Back under current manager and didn't really settle there according to same press reports.