Malcolm Ebiowei yeah? Gone to C Palace.

taggy180

9 hours ago, Crewton said:

Maybe, but the difference in cost to a PL club would be minimal. We've only had him for a year, he's only played less than half a season at Championship level and tribunal fees can take more than a year to resolve. In our position, money now is worth more than money in the future.

I think they're probably doing us a favour, albeit not a huge one.

How much? do we know.  With a number of top flight clubs interested better to go to tribunal to get a fee.  I don't have time for any club after this season and feel positively Millwall circa 1980's in mentality.  There all after what they can get at the cheapest rate.   All this football family lark is utter bollox and they can all do the same. 

8 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

How much? do we know.  With a number of top flight clubs interested better to go to tribunal to get a fee.  I don't have time for any club after this season and feel positively Millwall circa 1980's in mentality.  There all after what they can get at the cheapest rate.   All this football family lark is utter bollox and they can all do the same. 

With the exception of Danny Ings most tribunal fees are pretty rubbish. I'd say £200-400k with a few add ons IF they count him as a contracted player. 

Our best hope is they wanted to beat United and Spurs to his signature so they offered us a few to negotiate whilst he was still under contract.

If on the other hand we're talking a solidarity payment/development fee then it's pretty minimal and both Arsenal and Rangers will get a share too.

5 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Whether tribunal or up front payment, wouldn’t it be better to do it after we are out of admin so it it’s positive against P&S?

It would still count towards P&S either way (when we return to the Championship). It will also count towards the SCMP limits (L1/2 financial rules) whether we sell before or after exiting administration.

However, it would be beneficial to nudge the fee into the 22/23 season, since we know we're within P&S limits for the 21/22 season. By moving it into the next period, we cam use the transfer profit in P&S calculations up to and including the 24/25 season.

Ebiowei was keen to pass on his gratitude to Derby County and its supporters, saying: "I'd like to thank everyone at Derby County for their incredible support over the last year or so, and for giving me the opportunity to show what I can do on the field, and I’d also like to thank the fans for their encouragement especially given the circumstances of last season.

“As everyone is aware the situation is very uncertain at Derby, so it was important for me to secure my long-term future.”

He added: “I’m incredibly excited about the prospect of joining Palace, as they have an incredible squad and huge potential. I very much hope to contribute positively to the team this season.”

19 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Ebiowei was keen to pass on his gratitude to Derby County and its supporters, saying: "I'd like to thank everyone at Derby County for their incredible support over the last year or so, and for giving me the opportunity to show what I can do on the field, and I’d also like to thank the fans for their encouragement especially given the circumstances of last season.

As everyone is aware the situation is very uncertain at Derby, so it was important for me to secure my long-term future.”

He added: “I’m incredibly excited about the prospect of joining Palace, as they have an incredible squad and huge potential. I very much hope to contribute positively to the team this season.”

Yes mate, nobody would have wanted you in a couple of weeks.

To be honest, Plange's socials pretty much confirmed this weeks back. Whilst I can't say I really blame the lad, it's clear he'd made his mind up some time back so his unnecessary Twatter platitudes just makes him look incredibly disingenuous. He'd have been better off saying nothing given most Derby fans had already resigned themselves to him leaving, even though they rather he'd stayed. 

Palace too have slyly tried to time their offer to the moment we are so up against it that we'd have to take buttons just to keep the lights on and used PR to dress it up as looking to do us a favour in the same way the Scousers did. DC unexpectedly stepping in seems to have scuppered that coup and they now look a bit cunty now having tried to lowball us.

We should maybe now set a figure high enough that Palace baulk and risk a tribunal. If Palace's offer really is paltry, we've nothing to lose. It'd be interesting to see how much they really want him if the tribunal figure is higher than their valuation of the player, especially given he'd currently be a long way down the pecking order in his natural position. 

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

36 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Very clever of Derby and very good of Palace to hold off agreeing a compensation deal until the takeover is complete.

Any money made from Ebiowei after the takeover goes straight towards P&S calculations.

I see it as they are taking advantage of the situation we are in and taking away any chance we have of putting a decent team together. 

17 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

To be honest, Plange's socials pretty much confirmed this weeks back. Whilst I can't say I really blame the lad, it's clear he'd made his mind up some time back so his unnecessary Twatter platitudes just makes him look incredibly disingenuous. He'd have been better off saying nothing given most Derby fans had already resigned themselves to him leaving, even though they rather he'd stayed. 

Palace too have slyly tried to time their offer to the moment we are so up against it that we'd have to take buttons just to keep the lights on and used PR to dress it up as looking to do us a favour in the same way the Scousers did. DC unexpectedly stepping in seems to have scuppered that coup and they now look a bit cunty now having tried to lowball us.

We should maybe now set a figure high enough that Palace baulk and risk a tribunal. If Palace's offer really is paltry, we've nothing to lose. It'd be interesting to see how much they really want him if the tribunal figure is higher than their valuation of the player, especially given he'd currently be a long way down the pecking order in his natural position. 

I disagree

The money from plange allowed us to see out a period at the back end of last season

I know it's business but ultimately their money kept us afloat. I'm glad he's gone there and not man u . 

1 hour ago, Rammy03 said:

“As everyone is aware the situation is very uncertain at Derby, so it was important for me to secure my long-term future.”

Incredible