Malcolm Ebiowei yeah? Gone to C Palace.

taggy180

22 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

They don't have to stay with us just because they sign a contract. If they are good enough they will still get an offer it's just that we would get a fee. 

But the team they're signing for will look at the total cost of the transfer all in, so any money saved on a transfer fee will mostly find its way to Malcom and his agent

So, for example let's say a player could be signed for £1.5million or free, on a 3 year contract. The free version frees up £1.5m, so they can offer the player higher wages, 500,000 extra in the players pocket a year

That's why so many top players are running contracts down now and therefore demanding even more mega money, and why big players signed on frees end up on ridiculous wages (see Aaron Ramsey as an example off the top of my head) 

14 hours ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

Why would any player sign a contract just so the club get a transfer fee? Give your head a wobble!

To be fair, Jude Bellingham did something along these lines for Birmingham, which is partly why they retired his shirt number.

But then again, he was regarded as arguably the best young talent in world football, and therefore always going to get a move. He'd also been at the Birmingham academy since he was a kid. There isn't that fanfare or history surrounding Ebiowei, and I wouldn't expect him to do something detrimental towards his career just so we can get a few quid. 

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

3 hours ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

No not at all. Sorry if it sounds that way. But it annoys me when people think it’s as simple as just sign a contract to allow Derby to get a fee when the ruthlessness of football would come jumping to the fore and someone (most likely the club - a business) would use it to their benefit.

No one ever ‘plays nicely’. A nice little one year deal and someone will under offer on the basis of only buying out a 1 year contract and you couldn’t have rated him that highly. A lovely 3 year deal and the club would over value on the basis of “look how highly we rated him”!

Malcolm or any other player will have an agent who’s job it is to protect the players internet and try and give him the best most lucrative career possible. Normally that will come from the best sound football advice which will drive the finances longer term. But sometimes there’s an opportunity to ensure financial security before the player has barely started his career. 

Trust me, the clubs generally don’t give a f*ck about the player when push comes to shove. Derby are no different.

Actually you are aggressive and overbearing. Very much so, which is why a good few have taken you to task. You launch at anyone expressing an opinion you don't share (happy to cite examples if you like) and adopt a tone that suggests you know it all, which your posts on this forum have proven not to be the case (happy to cite examples of this too). Moreover, a lot of the observations made by other posters that you summarily dismissed don't look half as fanciful as you made them out to be, do they, yet here you are, continuing to act like the font of all knowledge. 

Back on thread, unfortunately Ravebeerbelly is probably correct. It's a stretch to see Ebi staying with interest from PL clubs if the media is to be believed. Not sure wishing some of our young'uns would take the Bellingham route warrants the 'give your head a wobble' retorts but that said, I suspect a loan-back may be the best we can hope for, especially given Malcolm has no real history at the club.

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Actually you are aggressive and overbearing. Very much so, which is why a good few have taken you to task. You launch at anyone expressing an opinion you don't share (happy to cite examples if you like) and adopt a tone that suggests you know it all, which your posts on this forum have proven not to be the case (happy to cite examples of this too). Moreover, a lot of the observations made by other posters that you summarily dismissed don't look half as fanciful as you made them out to be, do they, yet here you are, continuing to act like the font of all knowledge. 

Happy to hear examples. 

You’re as dismissive of my opinion as you claim I am of others. You just don’t like mine because it doesn’t fit the ‘we are derby and the worlds against us and it’s not our fault’ narrative. 

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Back on thread, unfortunately Ravebeerbelly is probably correct

??????????????????????????

Edited by Ravabeerbelly

I expected him to stay, because he’s so raw I was always dubious of others interest in him. 

Also, he’s already been released by two clubs so did wonder if that would play in our favour when he’s already established himself here now. 

2 hours ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

Happy to hear examples. 

You’re as dismissive of my opinion as you claim I am of others. You just don’t like mine because it doesn’t fit the ‘we are derby and the worlds against us and it’s not our fault’ narrative. 

??????????????????????????

image.thumb.png.2adfe7902bb4a8d5e9f9041dbacee17e.pngSo you say I dismiss your opinions then cite an example of me agreeing with you and you think it's me that looks daft. Not too bright are you?

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

2 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

image.thumb.png.2adfe7902bb4a8d5e9f9041dbacee17e.pngSo you say I dismiss your opinions then cite an example of me agreeing with you and you think it's me that looks daft. Not too bright are you?

Oh wow. Here we go again.

It was more you trying to express how incorrect I have been previously right before starting your next post with “unfortunately Ravabeerbelly is probably correct” ??

But it’s me that looks daft ??? 

Send those examples over by DM mate. I’m sure we’re boring people. Again.

2 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Not too bright are you?

Overbearing and aggressive am I? What as opposed to insulting and rude?

Im clearly reasonably bright. As are you. But while you insist on trying to make me out as someone who doesn’t like being challenged or opposed, you continue to demonstrate that you don’t like being challenged or opposed.

Its a forum pal. You have an opinion, I have one, everyone else has one. We don’t all agree but you know what? It’s ok to tell someone you don’t agree and it’s ok to tell them however you like without being excessively rude. They don’t have to like it. Disagree with my opinion by offering your own. But don’t disagree with my opinion just by saying you don’t like how I express it.