Malcolm Ebiowei yeah? Gone to C Palace.

taggy180

4 minutes ago, Rev said:

I didn't know that, but even so, an offer of a contract at a club that's not even guaranteed to start the season isn't the most secure option in his circumstances. 

No, but then again if you're getting a signing bonus then it could be worthwhile taking it (providing it's paid) because if the club go bust you're a free agent anyway.

15 hours ago, Carnero said:

?

Their training ground has only just been redeveloped and we've been turning stuff off at ours to save cash. Its hardly a massive stretch to suggest they have better facilities than us now.

They are also planning a massive stadium redevelopment for the end of this year.

21 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Their training ground has only just been redeveloped and we've been turning stuff off at ours to save cash. Its hardly a massive stretch to suggest they have better facilities than us now.

They are also planning a massive stadium redevelopment for the end of this year.

Yeah, their training ground is in "leafy" Beckenham and much easier to get to than the stadium by road, and the local area has some very nice properties to rent or buy. Palace are well placed to challenge Wham as London's 5th biggest club, with their catchment area. Up and coming I'd say. 

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

Yeah, their training ground is in "leafy" Beckenham and much easier to get to than the stadium by road, and the local area has some very nice properties to rent or buy. Palace are well placed to challenge Wham as London's 5th biggest club, with their catchment area. Up and coming I'd say. 

Yeh i think the concepts for the new stadium look really good as well. If they get that off the ground i think you could be right. They seem to be fairly well run these days. Gives us some hope given the depths palace once sank to.

54 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Have Palarse got any squad players we could loan in as part of the deal?

They've got a young lad with a cracking name: Rak-Sakyi who did well their U23 side last year. In fact, both their wingers did really well with 28 goals between them. 

Ebiowei will most likely be the one loaned out. 

Think it’s a bit presumptuous to be viewing Crystal Palace as having some sort of altruistic aim to help Derby County survive. They’re not a charity, they won’t be doing this purely out of the goodness of their hearts. I strongly suspect there is a benefit for them in doing this, as they’ll probably pay a smaller fee than they would if it went to tribunal. Of course, having the fee immediately does help us keep going (though it appears Clowes has funding covered now anyway), but let’s not forget they’re getting one of our brightest young talents for 2/3rds of f*** all. That’s our (well, Mel Morris’) fault of course, and I don’t blame them for taking this opportunity up at all, but let’s not pretend they’re our heroes. As any club would do, they’ve acted as the vultures on the corpse of Derby County.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Think it’s a bit presumptuous to be viewing Crystal Palace as having some sort of altruistic aim to help Derby County survive. They’re not a charity, they won’t be doing this purely out of the goodness of their hearts. I strongly suspect there is a benefit for them in doing this, as they’ll probably pay a smaller fee than they would if it went to tribunal. Of course, having the fee immediately does help us keep going (though it appears Clowes has funding covered now anyway), but let’s not forget they’re getting one of our brightest young talents for 2/3rds of f*** all. That’s our (well, Mel Morris’) fault of course, and I don’t blame them for taking this opportunity up at all, but let’s not pretend they’re our heroes. As any club would do, they’ve acted as the vultures on the corpse of Derby County.

Maybe, but the difference in cost to a PL club would be minimal. We've only had him for a year, he's only played less than half a season at Championship level and tribunal fees can take more than a year to resolve. In our position, money now is worth more than money in the future.

I think they're probably doing us a favour, albeit not a huge one.

52 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Maybe, but the difference in cost to a PL club would be minimal. We've only had him for a year, he's only played less than half a season at Championship level and tribunal fees can take more than a year to resolve. In our position, money now is worth more than money in the future.

I think they're probably doing us a favour, albeit not a huge one.

Oh yeah I agree, just making the point that it’s not exactly a charity case. As an aside, it really is depressing how we’re going to lose a player as talented as him for pretty much nothing. Thanks very much Mel.

10 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

A bit like we did then to Wigan, what goes around comes around.