Malcolm Ebiowei yeah? Gone to C Palace.

taggy180

4 hours ago, Shang said:

From the YT comps I've seen of the above they are all players who cut inside early and are more inside wingers. Ebiowei runs to the byline and takes players on on the outside. Maybe Palace are looking for a different option so this makes sense. Would probably be on the bench a lot and put on when their wingers aren't working out.

I dont think Ebiowei would get on Palace's bench. Or Plange.

5 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I dont think Ebiowei would get on Palace's bench. Or Plange.

I don't think they're being signed for the first team. Plange, I don't know what to suggest, I honestly think he caught the crest of the wave when he first got into the team and managed to secure a move on the back of it. The last three/four months of the season, he really struggled out there and produced similarly to what you would expect if you put a fan upfront. He's definitely got a bit of the Callum Ball/Conor Doyle about him, regardless of how he progresses in the future. 

Ebiowei, as I said, has been released free of charge by two clubs. Ok, Arsenal I could understand, but Rangers? They watched him every single day in training and categorically said this kid doesn't have what it takes and his pittance on the wage bill could be better spent on an extra woman in the canteen before his 18th birthday? We signed him at a time where we were leaning heavily on our academy team to step up into the first team and we needed capable bodies. No one could've expected anything like what he's produced thus far. It's why I'm surprised Palace have gone in for him, obviously he looked exciting for us at times this season, but I just expected him to stay on and pick up where he left off because he's been through the system too many times already. A five year deal is some compensation though, fair play to his agency on that deal! 

Interested to see where both of them go, as well as Ebolsele, but they have a TON of development to get through before they even get to the point where they can think about a place in the first team squad. I do wish them all the best, but I don't have much expectation. Buchanan is another I would put in the same boat. Sibley, Knight & Bird are a different kettle of fish in terms of technical ability and potential to progress. 

I kind of feel the big fee is blown all out of proportion, realistically as he's been in our 'care' for a little over 12 months then we can't expect anything like the fees we got with Delap or Gordon. I think even if we get a sniff of £500k then we have done extremely well out it.

14 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I kind of feel the big fee is blown all out of proportion, realistically as he's been in our 'care' for a little over 12 months then we can't expect anything like the fees we got with Delap or Gordon. I think even if we get a sniff of £500k then we have done extremely well out it.

Yeah I'm only expecting £1m tops if it's cash up front.

We are entitled to a fair fee regardless of how long he's been here. The amount of top clubs that have been chasing his signature goes in our favour if it ends up at a tribunal, which is partly why Palace will hope to agree a fee now knowing that we need the cash.

2 hours ago, GenBr said:

What a selfish b****** he is. How dare he secure a 5 year contract on more money with better facilities and better prospects. He should be staying with the league 1 club that is currently in administration, struggling to pay wages and going into a new season with half a squad with no gurantee that the club will even exist in 6 months time.

The lad has made the correct decision. Its not his fault Derby have been so poorly run. He needs to look after his own career.

Think Magicman may have a touch of Craig Rammage about him...

Edited by Coconut's Beard

Now then, I wouldn’t want Plange back on loan, but I’d have this lad back, he’s got something that excites my loins.

So, Palace, give us a respectable fee for him and send him back to us for a season. You pay his wages and we’ll give him experience.

The only problem is if Malcolm thinks he’s hit the big time in joining Palace and won’t now drop down to league 1.

Lets pretend we didn’t give him his big chance shall we?

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

We’re going to become the next Crewe aren’t we?

Some snotty Youtuber is going to create a video in 5 years time of a Premier League XI made up of former Derby County academy players.

You’re not helping are you Bris.

Our only consolation is it maybe hotter here at the moment than Mexico.

Please don’t prove us wrong, throw us a freakin’ bone.

4 hours ago, Crazy said:

Yeah, terrible advice. You're right, he should reject that 5 year contract on offer at Palace, where he will either get loaned out to a championship club or perhaps get some chances in a premier League team. Instead he should take the 1 or 2 year offer from a League 1 club he's been at for a season, for probably significantly less money.

I'm as frustrated as others are that we're losing players we've helped develop and given a chance to, but suggesting he's making a bad decision for his career is ridiculous.

Yeah, great advice, go to palace on significantly more money but will very little chance of prem football, in unfamiliar surroundings where the step up is massive, compared to regular first team football with a manager that trusts him. Ever considered being an agent? You would fit right in.

Let's revisit this in 12 months time if he goes. There is no guarantee that he will play premier league football (those odds seem pretty slim), same goes for championship footie. The one thing for sure that if he stays, he will play, and a season in league 1 (with less money) might do him good. If it works, the move and the money will come his way (and ours). 

The amount of players that leave too early, lured by money and don't really progress, or worse get completely forgotten are numerous. 

Edited by DanS1992

18 minutes ago, DanS1992 said:

Yeah, great advice, go to palace on significantly more money but will very little chance of prem football, in unfamiliar surroundings where the step up is massive, compared to regular first team football with a manager that trusts him. Ever considered being an agent? You would fit right in.

Let's revisit this in 12 months time if he goes. There is no guarantee that he will play premier league football (those odds seem pretty slim), same goes for championship footie. The one thing for sure that if he stays, he will play, and a season in league 1 (with less money) might do him good. If it works, the move and the money will come his way (and ours). 

Did you think this response through before posting?

He has more chance of Prem football by signing for someone like Palace than he does staying with us right now.

Unfamiliar surroundings? He’s a London lad, he’ll be much closer to friends and family.

Vieira is a good manager who seems to be giving young players chances. Palace have some good young attacking talent at the moment and Malcolm would compliment them in my opinion.

Even as a lifelong Derby fan, I would probably take the opportunity in his situation if it came along. I don’t think we should begrudge him making his career choices.

Edited by roboto

17 minutes ago, roboto said:

Did you think this response through before posting?

He has more chance of Prem football by signing for someone like Palace than he does staying with us right now.

Unfamiliar surroundings? He’s a London lad, he’ll be much closer to friends and family.

Vieira is a good manager who seems to be giving young players chances. Palace have some good young attacking talent at the moment and Malcolm would compliment them in my opinion.

Even as a lifelong Derby fan, I would probably take the opportunity in his situation if it came along. I don’t think we should begrudge him making his career choices.

You seem to be missing the point. If you bothered to read my initial post, I say that I wouldn't blame him if he left so no begrudging there. My point is that the move will come in the future (if he keeps showing the progression he has over the last 6 months), and I honestly believe he will be better off staying with us a little longer to develop. The move will come, and we benefit from the transfer. A win win in my eyes. All this to say that I think the move is premature. 
But as I said previously let's revisit this in 12 months time and we shall se how things pan out.

Edited by DanS1992

Isn't everyone missing the point here? 

As of now, there is no contract offer on the table for the lad to sign, he's a few days from being unemployed. 

Why on earth wouldn't he sign a 5 year deal, for more money, closer to home and at a much higher level? 

He'd be a moron to say hold on, could you give me a few more days to see if my current employer can sort out their arse from their elbow, and offer me a shorter deal on far less money.

3 minutes ago, Rev said:

Isn't everyone missing the point here? 

As of now, there is no contract offer on the table for the lad to sign, he's a few days from being unemployed. 

Why on earth wouldn't he sign a 5 year deal, for more money, closer to home and at a much higher level? 

He'd be a moron to say hold on, could you give me a few more days to see if my current employer can sort out their arse from their elbow, and offer me a shorter deal on far less money.

Apparently we could, and have, offered him a contract as per the EFL retained list. 

I think all the players under 24 are in the same boat. Still, regardless, a five year contract at a Premier League club is a no brainer. 

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

Apparently we could, and have, offered him a contract as per the EFL retained list. 

I think all the players under 24 are in the same boat. Still, regardless, a five year contract at a Premier League club is a no brainer. 

I didn't know that, but even so, an offer of a contract at a club that's not even guaranteed to start the season isn't the most secure option in his circumstances.