Bloody Proud

DarkFruitsRam7

Just arrived home after an absolutely fantastic day out. I’m sat on the sofa with a glass of whisky, so forgive me for being overly sentimental.

This season has been an absolute ducking blast. From Jack Stretton belting it in the top corner for our first away goal with fans in the ground for nearly two years, to the lads clapping us off after going down this afternoon, it’s been an absolute joy following the club this season. Every single man wearing that badge has given absolutely everything every time they’ve stepped on that pitch.

Wayne Rooney is an absolute bloody hero. Every week he’s been asked about how good the fans’ support has been. Every week he could have given a crap clichéd answer, but instead he’s managed to say something that’s shows he genuinely loves the club every single week. No manager has made me as proud to be a Ram as Wayne Rooney has.

The fans have been absolutely sensational too. Home and away, we’ve been the best in the league by an absolute country mile. The love the players show us is a testament to how good we’ve been.

On a personal note, it’s been brilliant to get to know the likes of @angieram, @B4ev6is, @Curtains and more a lot better at various games this season. Fans like those are the absolute lifeblood of the football club.

We go on to the last three games, knowing that we can enjoy them no matter what now. And let’s give the class of ‘72 a huge, huge reception on the final day. Their spirit lives on in this fantastic bunch of lads.

We are Derby, in the past, today and forever ducking more.

Up the bloody rams x

4 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Just arrived home after an absolutely fantastic day out. I’m sat on the sofa with a glass of whisky, so forgive me for being overly sentimental.

This season has been an absolute ducking blast. From Jack Stretton belting it in the top corner for our first away goal with fans in the ground for nearly two years, to the lads clapping us off after going down this afternoon, it’s been an absolute joy following the club this season. Every single man wearing that badge has given absolutely everything every time they’ve stepped on that pitch.

Wayne Rooney is an absolute bloody hero. Every week he’s been asked about how good the fans’ support has been. Every week he could have given a crap clichéd answer, but instead he’s managed to say something that’s shows he genuinely loves the club every single week. No manager has made me as proud to be a Ram as Wayne Rooney has.

The fans have been absolutely sensational too. Home and away, we’ve been the best in the league by an absolute country mile. The love the players show us is a testament to how good we’ve been.

On a personal note, it’s been brilliant to get to know the likes of @angieram, @B4ev6is, @Curtains and more a lot better at various games this season. Fans like those are the absolute lifeblood of the football club.

We go on to the last three games, knowing that we can enjoy them no matter what now. And let’s give the class of ‘72 a huge, huge reception on the final day. Their spirit lives on in this fantastic bunch of lads.

Up the bloody rams x

Hear hear hear

Dark fruits

God it hurt knowing been sent down because of efl and mel and gibson.

46 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Up the bloody rams x

Well said pal ??????

7 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Up the bloody rams x

Thank you, DFR. I mistakenly read the delusional comments on the BBC match report this morning, but you have cheered me right back up again! 

I will be there again, home and away next season, cheering on our band of brothers, and enjoying being a Ram.

We've had some great times over the last 50 years, and there are better times ahead I'm sure. Believe.

8 minutes ago, angieram said:

Thank you, DFR. I mistakenly read the delusional comments on the BBC match report this morning, but you have cheered me right back up again! 

I will be there again, home and away next season, cheering on our band of brothers, and enjoying being a Ram.

We've had some great times over the last 50 years, and there are better times ahead I'm sure. Believe.

50 years ago felt proud to be champions, but this season feel just as proud. We have all been as one, coaches, players, staff and lastly fans. Everyone remembers 72 and everyone will remember 22. There will be better times as you say Angie i'm sure.

Gutted about relegation but the manager and players and fans did us and the club proud all season . 

Unfortunately that was the least of our problems.

The main  thing is for CK to complete the takeover and it’s heartening to know it might happen without points deduction next season and I am told he also wants the ground.

Hope Rooney stays and takes us back up .

Chris Kirchner I wish you all the best in your pursuit .

Derby Fans are the Best Home and Away .

I think our new moderator is great ? lol

Definitely agree with this. I really hope there is a big push in the next 2 home games to sell as many tickets as possible. We should be giving the lads a big ovation and getting behind them for next season. If we continue this level of togetherness, get a plan in place quickly  and keep the squad together we may flourish in the third tier. 

The away results look bad. The reality is where we in most of those games and let’s not forget we had to set up to win those. Normally you go for a draw and nick the odd win but circumstances didn’t allow us to do that. 
Luck and some horrendous refereeing decision helpeed towards the lack of points but going for it was the only approach and we fell on our sword. No problem as the OP says, bloody proud.

Just now, 24Charlie said:

The away results look bad. The reality is where we in most of those games and let’s not forget we had to set up to win those. Normally you go for a draw and nick the odd win but circumstances didn’t allow us to do that. 
Luck and some horrendous refereeing decision helpeed towards the lack of points but going for it was the only approach and we fell on our sword. No problem as the OP says, bloody proud.

Have to say, with our excellent home form we could have and should have - bar that little spell where we had Cardiff and Luton away and had to try and achieve points, we could have been a bit more solid. Another 3 draws and a win away and we're still in it.  Accepting that since January, the lose of Jagielkas organisation, Shinnies aggression and Richards injury had an impact, that was achievable. Look how we s*** housed a point at the Hawthorns being destructive rather than pretty.

2 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Of our league defeats this season, we've lost 12 by a single goal, 4 games by 2 goals, and only 1 game by 3 goals.

That's remarkable for a relegated team.

How many of those were we in a winning position? I still maintain had we been able to keep Jags some of those defeats would have been draws and draws wins. However Cashin is the future so the game time he’s had will be invaluable next season. Providing we can keep hold of him. 

4 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

How many of those were we in a winning position? I still maintain had we been able to keep Jags some of those defeats would have been draws and draws wins. However Cashin is the future so the game time he’s had will be invaluable next season. Providing we can keep hold of him. 

Since Jags left - only one (Blackburn), though it's arguable that the narrow defeats to Forest, Millwall, Cardiff, Luton and Swansea, and the draws with Brum and Cov, might have been improved upon with Jags there.

There's no doubt though that the lack of pure striking options has been the real killer in away games - only 13 goals in 22 games is what happens when you're forced to rely on one crocked veteran and a couple of kids.