v Luton match day thread.

Boycie

1 hour ago, atherstoneram said:

I don't get all this shout out for Sibley, most of the youngsters have greatly improved yet Sibley seems to have regressed, perhaps it's his attitude or he doesn't have the bottle for a battle,too much red mist if things aren't going his way.

I don’t see Sibley that way, he needs a centre forward who holds the ball up and he can make his runs of him but any team needs to be balanced and we have several players probably not playing in their best positions 

1 hour ago, DavesaRam said:

Yes, but after watching Peterborough time wasting for most of the second half, quite blatantly, as soon as Byrne and Allsopp commit one time-wasting action they are yellow-carded within a millisecond (or maybe two). Then when Millwall are blatantly time-wasting, and Allsopp complains to the ref, he gets yellow-carded! But the time-wasters walk away scot free. Today, Luton were time-wasting, and the ref actually ran towards one of them to card them, but they took the throw and the game went on, but the ref didn't show the card afterwards. 

I was going to say we need consistency from our match officials, but we already get that. What we really need are match officials who operate to the rules of Association football, not to EFL guidelines.

EFL guidelines? #Conspfinishthe wordyersen ?

Fine margins. Fine Margins. IF CKR hadn't had his standing foot slip it may have been 1 - 0. If CKR hadn't played the ball to Bird too wide, Max would have had a straight sight of goal, and belted the ball in. Actually Luton's goal was clever play by the striker (Hyndman?) - he shot through a crowd of player's legs which gave Allsopp no time to get down and save. In a similar way that Millwall's first goal on Wednesday was clever play - who'd have thought they would shoot direct from a free-kick to the left of the area so early in the game. Not that it was a free-kick to Millwall in the first place.

Given Luton's home form - it's now 6 wins on the bounce - we gave a good account of ourselves, especially in the first half, and had the better of the few chances available. Luton started to push us back a bit more, especially in the second half, but as in the last few matches the ball simply doesn't seem to want to bounce kindly for us at the moment. Including Max's belter which was tipped onto the bar. He was our main threat today, and one day one of those shots that nearly come off will come off. We could do with that sooner rather than later. Unfortunately our threat did tend to wane as the second half went on, not helped by taking off our footballers, as Angie said a couple of comments ago. Sadly the ref didn't help, although when do they ever, nowadays?

I thought he was reasonable, almost getting as far as good in the first half, apar5 from him not clamping down on Luton's use of the robust to disrupt our play whenever we were building up a head of steam. But the second half made it clear that he had received the half-time EFL lecture. Hyndman was a major culprit. And for the 3rd match in the row, the match officials have signalled that it is perfectly acceptable to  belt Derby players in the head, and that nothing at all will be done about it. So Hyndman rammed his arm backwards into Beilik's face, who fell to the ground, and we got a free-kick, more because he fell to the ground than from the assault. Beilik jumped up and was at Hyndman about the incident. the ref correctly separated them, and then treated Beilik as the offender for protesting that he had been whacked in the face. Hyndman demonstrated that he had merely moved his arm backwards to hold Beilik at distance to prevent him challenging for the ball. But he forgot to demonstrate that he had moved his arm backwards at face height. But only a few minutes later he was at it again, this time clouting our man on the back of the head. This time not even a free-kick. And in the meantime it transpires that Cashin has been given a bloody nose away from the camera view.

Luton then started time-wasting, as most teams do, Derby included. Although Derby only need to do it once before the cads come bouncing out of the ref's pocket almost entirely on their own! Having added 5 minutes extra time, the ref started to point to his watch, suggesting he was adding even more time on, and even ran towards a Luton player dilly-dallying over taking a throw in, and reaching for his cards. The Luton man wisely took the throw and the ref fell for it, and never booked at the next break in play. Unlike Byrne and Allsopp on Wednesday night. 

WHAT AGENDA?

Once again we contributed to our own downfall. I had hoped that Morrison would show the improvement he showed on Wednesday night, but unfortunately he had reverted to type, roaming around looking like he was a major influence in the game, but actually poncing around achieving very little, bar slowing play down. He seems to be able to receive the ball or intercept it well enough, but then needs to stop and think about what to do next before making a fairly routine pas to someone else. I am puzzled by the lack of Louie Watson, had had plenty of creativity i his locker, and preferred to move the ball forwards wherever possible,  but we certainly lack that aspect from too many in our midfield and defence.

I guess all we can do is keep on doing what we have done all season, putting our backs into supporting the lads as they still try to pull off the impossible. And hope that the EFL, having seen us reach an even more impossible position, start to ease off in their endeavour to get us relegated.

COME ON YOU RAMS!!!

28 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I don’t see Sibley that way, he needs a centre forward who holds the ball up and he can make his runs of him but any team needs to be balanced and we have several players probably not playing in their best positions 

not sure Sibley has the pace for that role. And apart from flicks with his head, CRK doesn’t feed a runner in that way. Last we saw of that was Chris Martin 

5 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Fine margins. Fine Margins. IF CKR hadn't had his standing foot slip it may have been 1 - 0. If CKR hadn't played the ball to Bird too wide, Max would have had a straight sight of goal, and belted the ball in. Actually Luton's goal was clever play by the striker (Hyndman?) - he shot through a crowd of player's legs which gave Allsopp no time to get down and save. In a similar way that Millwall's first goal on Wednesday was clever play - who'd have thought they would shoot direct from a free-kick to the left of the area so early in the game. Not that it was a free-kick to Millwall in the first place.

Given Luton's home form - it's now 6 wins on the bounce - we gave a good account of ourselves, especially in the first half, and had the better of the few chances available. Luton started to push us back a bit more, especially in the second half, but as in the last few matches the ball simply doesn't seem to want to bounce kindly for us at the moment. Including Max's belter which was tipped onto the bar. He was our main threat today, and one day one of those shots that nearly come off will come off. We could do with that sooner rather than later. Unfortunately our threat did tend to wane as the second half went on, not helped by taking off our footballers, as Angie said a couple of comments ago. Sadly the ref didn't help, although when do they ever, nowadays?

I thought he was reasonable, almost getting as far as good in the first half, apar5 from him not clamping down on Luton's use of the robust to disrupt our play whenever we were building up a head of steam. But the second half made it clear that he had received the half-time EFL lecture. Hyndman was a major culprit. And for the 3rd match in the row, the match officials have signalled that it is perfectly acceptable to  belt Derby players in the head, and that nothing at all will be done about it. So Hyndman rammed his arm backwards into Beilik's face, who fell to the ground, and we got a free-kick, more because he fell to the ground than from the assault. Beilik jumped up and was at Hyndman about the incident. the ref correctly separated them, and then treated Beilik as the offender for protesting that he had been whacked in the face. Hyndman demonstrated that he had merely moved his arm backwards to hold Beilik at distance to prevent him challenging for the ball. But he forgot to demonstrate that he had moved his arm backwards at face height. But only a few minutes later he was at it again, this time clouting our man on the back of the head. This time not even a free-kick. And in the meantime it transpires that Cashin has been given a bloody nose away from the camera view.

Luton then started time-wasting, as most teams do, Derby included. Although Derby only need to do it once before the cads come bouncing out of the ref's pocket almost entirely on their own! Having added 5 minutes extra time, the ref started to point to his watch, suggesting he was adding even more time on, and even ran towards a Luton player dilly-dallying over taking a throw in, and reaching for his cards. The Luton man wisely took the throw and the ref fell for it, and never booked at the next break in play. Unlike Byrne and Allsopp on Wednesday night. 

WHAT AGENDA?

Once again we contributed to our own downfall. I had hoped that Morrison would show the improvement he showed on Wednesday night, but unfortunately he had reverted to type, roaming around looking like he was a major influence in the game, but actually poncing around achieving very little, bar slowing play down. He seems to be able to receive the ball or intercept it well enough, but then needs to stop and think about what to do next before making a fairly routine pas to someone else. I am puzzled by the lack of Louie Watson, had had plenty of creativity i his locker, and preferred to move the ball forwards wherever possible,  but we certainly lack that aspect from too many in our midfield and defence.

I guess all we can do is keep on doing what we have done all season, putting our backs into supporting the lads as they still try to pull off the impossible. And hope that the EFL, having seen us reach an even more impossible position, start to ease off in their endeavour to get us relegated.

COME ON YOU RAMS!!!

Agree about Watson. He has pace and passes well. Tommo, Watson, Knight in midfield and we regain the energy we had six weeks ago. We’ve gone soggy, playing too many players who lack pace and energy. 

5 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I'd still like to see Sibley supporting ckr,they could have been a proper partnership and it's a set up that would have supported him better.

I love Sibbo to bits but at this stage in his development I think he is still an impact sub. He doesn’t have the physique to resist some of the championships thugs. .. On a roll he’s brilliant. In the trenches versus certain brick outhouses is a different story. 

JOHNNY CASH (singer)

A failure is not always a mistake, it may simply be the best one can do under the circumstances. The real mistake is to stop trying.

SAMUEL BECKETT

Knock me down nine times but I get up ten

AMELIA EARHART

Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.

ELBERT HUBBARD

You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

JOHNNY CASH (singer)

A failure is not always a mistake, it may simply be the best one can do under the circumstances. The real mistake is to stop trying.

SAMUEL BECKETT

AMELIA EARHART

ELBERT HUBBARD

You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.

As opposed to Johnny Cash the window cleaner in Allenton...

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

JOHNNY CASH (singer)

SAMUEL BECKETT

AMELIA EARHART

ELBERT HUBBARD

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
    To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
    ⁠Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

For 90 minutes, you’ll be a man my son.

1 hour ago, jono said:

Rudyard Kipling

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew to serve you long after they are gone

When there is nothing left left in you except the will to you which says Hold On

Gloria Gaynor

I will survive 

Kipling

If you can open the box with forefinger and thumb that has served you well

And pick that bakewell tart with icing on top, If you can do this 6 times

You have achieved a good thing, So lick those lips of sweet joy young man

As there's a box of sponges left for tea.

Billy Bunter

A fat ducker

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

As opposed to Johnny Cash the window cleaner in Allenton...

He is a great philosopher too 

i quote 

“don’t work in vane

sometimes you have to feel the pane

always trust in windowlene

and you will achieve  your sheen “

Edited by StrawHillRam

Phoenix  - "We're ducked"

Until this week I felt  a degree of optimism that

a) a Preferred Bidder would be amounced by Friday, and

b) we'd edge our way aq little nearer the out-of-drop zone.

Sadly, in the space of one week II fear we're nearer liquidation, unless Q really pull several fingers out, and relegation is now virtually inevitable.

Depressing hardly describes it.

9 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Phoenix  - "We're ducked"

Until this week I felt  a degree of optimism that

a) a Preferred Bidder would be amounced by Friday, and

b) we'd edge our way aq little nearer the out-of-drop zone.

Sadly, in the space of one week II fear we're nearer liquidation, unless Q really pull several fingers out, and relegation is now virtually inevitable.

Depressing hardly describes it.

Could well be that the admins haven't yet had a bid that will satisfy 25% payment to (non football) creditors . It seems that there are 3 interested parties, but all said and done, due to the clubs debts and pending relegation there is a limit to what someone is willing to pay to take ownership of DCFC.