v Luton match day thread.

Boycie

8 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

We went to a side in great form, a great home record, pushing for the play offs and gave them a good game. Not bad for a team full of old players and academy players. Let’s keep some perspective.

They are now 6th as well

9 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Can’t set up like that and expect to win I’m afraid.

Love Knight, but having him as your only attacking option helping CKR is asking for trouble.

Oh well on to the next one!

Luton have beaten pretty much everyone who's turned up at their place and aggressively attacked, their home form is a huge reason as to why they're so high up the table. The set up was correct with the players we had available, we just didn't take our half chances and they took theirs.

The only thing that I am slightly annoyed about today was how many silly freekicks we gave away when chasing the game. Played right into their hands.

10 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I'd still like to see Sibley supporting ckr,they could have been a proper partnership and it's a set up that would have supported him better.

Yep, or Plange playing off CKR.

Don’t understand Morrisons inclusion if your playing Bird and Beilik, not enough attacking threat with the three of them.

11 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

We went to a side in great form, a great home record, pushing for the play offs and gave them a good game. Not bad for a team full of old players and academy players. Let’s keep some perspective.

We are fighting,that's all we can ask with our limited resources??

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

Just now, Sheff Ram said:

Think we're done now. Needed to beat Milwall and take a point today. Then we would have been 4 points off safely and that, in itself, creates momentum.

If we win the next two games we can give ourselves an outside chance. Otherwise that's it, sadly.

Its far from over. We are exactly the same as we were before kick off. The only team that matters is the 4th bottom team. Reading have shown that they aren't all that. They were fortunate to beat Birmingham and they were comfortably beaten by Blackpool today. Of course have to improve our away form but the opportunity to do that is there against Cardiff. COYR.

1 minute ago, Ramarena said:

Yep, or Plange playing off CKR.

Don’t understand Morrisons inclusion if your playing Bird and Beilik, not enough attacking threat with the three of them.

I didn’t like the stick Morrison was getting earlier on in the season but the more I watch him now the more I realise that he’s lost his magic.

He was a proper game changer during his younger years. Now he’s just pretty on the ball whilst offering nothing of substance. 

Respect him for signing and I don’t doubt his effort to the cause but he’s not much to get excited about these days.  

1 minute ago, Rammy03 said:

Its far from over. We are exactly the same as we were before kick off. The only team that matters is the 4th bottom team. Reading have shown that they aren't all that. They were fortunate to beat Birmingham and they were comfortably beaten by Blackpool today. Of course have to improve our away form but the opportunity to do that is there against Cardiff. COYR.

We have only taken 11 points from the last ten games. Our own form needs to improve massively while we’re relying on Reading (who have taken seven points from their last four) to return to the dumps.

Our chances of survival are like 50/1 now.

4 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

Luton have beaten pretty much everyone who's turned up at their place and aggressively attacked, their home form is a huge reason as to why they're so high up the table. The set up was correct with the players we had available, we just didn't take our half chances and they took theirs.

The only thing that I am slightly annoyed about today was how many silly freekicks we gave away when chasing the game. Played right into their hands.

Yep they are a tough team, but I disagree on the selection side. Morrison, Beilik and Bird limits us.

29 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Book someone for time wasting FFS. Every ducking time! ?

Sorry but every team does it when it suits them,even us. Why do people go on about how much time should be added on,we should be scoring in Ninety minutes, not hoping the ref adds enough time so we can possibly grab something.

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

We have only taken 11 points from the last ten games. Our own form needs to improve massively while we’re relying on Reading (who have taken seven points from their last four) to return to the dumps.

Our chances of survival are like 50/1 now.

Of course we have to improve, we've had a couple of poor results. But this is still very much on. We just need two wins to gain momentum and get us going again. That's what Barnsley have done and they are now two points ahead of us. Do you think they are saying its over? And we're a better team than them.

1 minute ago, Rammy03 said:

Of course we have to improve, we've had a couple of poor results. But this is still very much on. We just need two wins to gain momentum and get us going again. That's what Barnsley have done and they are now two points ahead of us. Do you think they are saying its over? And we're a better team than them.

"Very much on" and 50/1 are probably both exaggerations. We still have a chance but very much an outside one. We need some unlikely wins.  

7 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

I didn’t like the stick Morrison was getting earlier on in the season but the more I watch him now the more I realise that he’s lost his magic.

He was a proper game changer during his younger years. Now he’s just pretty on the ball whilst offering nothing of substance. 

Respect him for signing and I don’t doubt his effort to the cause but he’s not much to get excited about these days.  

Not sure I have ever seen much magic from Ravel. Surprised he gets the shirt before Sibbo when we are crying out for some creativity…..

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

Not sure I have ever seen much magic from Ravel. Surprised he gets the shirt before Sibbo when we are crying out for some creativity…..

He was pretty decent during his time at West Ham. Has definitely regressed. As for Sibley I didn’t like his performance against Milwall one bit..so lightweight. Every Derby fan wants to see him kick on and become a main player but it’s not happening at all for him.