v Luton match day thread.

Boycie

We all knew this as how it was going to go towards the end of the season in our heart of hearts.

We still have a better chance than we did at the start of the season.

A couple of results the right way around and the dream is on.

Blind support is needed till the end of the season , and keep on cheering the boys on come what may.

It ain’t  over till it’s over.

COYR?

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Not sure I have ever seen much magic from Ravel. Surprised he gets the shirt before Sibbo when we are crying out for some creativity…..

I don't get all this shout out for Sibley, most of the youngsters have greatly improved yet Sibley seems to have regressed, perhaps it's his attitude or he doesn't have the bottle for a battle,too much red mist if things aren't going his way.

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Not sure I have ever seen much magic from Ravel. Surprised he gets the shirt before Sibbo when we are crying out for some creativity…..

Ravel plays to deep for me, I’m not sure if it’s orders or himself doing it but a times in line with the CBs. If we’re going to play him he needs to play in their final 3rd imo. I don’t think there is much between him and Sibbo, however I guess Sibbo is more of a goal threat.

Ravel is trash. I would bench him over any of our U-20’s.
Today was there for the taking, but late subs and no hothead Lawrence became the nails in our coffin.

If Kazim had anyone to cooperate with upfront this match could’ve been different.

Another critique would be that we are way to static in posession, its predictable, slow and saps the creativity of our better players.

So another team pushing top 6. Another team we’ve matched and given a game, but we didn’t take our chances they did and had the experience we lack to see the game out. We know what the problem is we don’t score enough goals and due to 2 years worth of embargoes weve not been able to address it. Another good effort from the lads. Positive is Reading who are going to go on this run of form that gives us no chance of survival got smashed!

We’re still fighting. We go again ????????????

25 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Sorry but every team does it when it suits them,even us. Why do people go on about how much time should be added on,we should be scoring in Ninety minutes, not hoping the ref adds enough time so we can possibly grab something.

Yes, but after watching Peterborough time wasting for most of the second half, quite blatantly, as soon as Byrne and Allsopp commit one time-wasting action they are yellow-carded within a millisecond (or maybe two). Then when Millwall are blatantly time-wasting, and Allsopp complains to the ref, he gets yellow-carded! But the time-wasters walk away scot free. Today, Luton were time-wasting, and the ref actually ran towards one of them to card them, but they took the throw and the game went on, but the ref didn't show the card afterwards. 

I was going to say we need consistency from our match officials, but we already get that. What we really need are match officials who operate to the rules of Association football, not to EFL guidelines.

9 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

Fair enough. Wouldn't have argued with that before the game and having seen how poor Morrison was today I definitely won't argue it now.

I think Morrison has his uses, primarily as a sub coming on to help retain possession if have a lead to protect.

But he’s absolutely not starter material unless we’re down to the bare bones.

Sadly it’s all immaterial now as the points are gone. Let’s hope we pick up next week! 

9 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

We need a midfielder who can dictate play and as a range of passes that can open defences and create chances. I'm told by many posters on here, that Morrison is such a player.  But unless we have another Morrison hiding away somewhere, the one out on the pitch today certainly doesn't fit the bill. 

Hope Bielik becomes that player once fully fit…

55 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

I didn’t like the stick Morrison was getting earlier on in the season but the more I watch him now the more I realise that he’s lost his magic.

He was a proper game changer during his younger years. Now he’s just pretty on the ball whilst offering nothing of substance. 

Respect him for signing and I don’t doubt his effort to the cause but he’s not much to get excited about these days.  

I'm not sure what games he was changing in his younger years?

15 goals and 10 assists in 132 games, thats a goal contribution every 5 1/2 matches.

Has some decent touches but on the whole he is just playing passes that any competent professional footballer could.

Coasts through games.

Maybe it is what Rooney is telling him to do.