Fozzy Testimonial

Day

Always been a fan of his, just can’t understand some of his passing choices!

Glad we’ve started to utilise his heading ability from goal kicks though…I remember a few years ago (possibly under Steve McLaren?) when every goal kick was to Fozzy to flick on. Then when we changed managers it just seemed to never be used again.

Let’s also not forget he’s had more new knees than Trigger has had new broom heads and he’s still kept himself at Championship level! 

IMO testimonials belong to an age when footballers didn't receive an obscene amount of money and it was a gesture from the club and fans to set up (or help) a player in his next stage in life.

I know many players donate testimonial money to charity nowadays but even so, it's like The Punjabi Rams raising money so fans who can't afford a ticket can go to a match... and Niall Horan 'avin a rant on twitter!

I've always loved him. 

The easier the pass, the harder he makes it look sometimes, but then he'll pick out an absolute pearler, like the assist for Lawrence against Forest, and you wonder if it's the same player!

Heart, commitment, longevity and a massive amount of mental strength to overcome 3 serious knee injuries, I wouldn't be surprised if he was still here 3 years from now.

9 hours ago, RebelScum said:

IMO testimonials belong to an age when footballers didn't receive an obscene amount of money and it was a gesture from the club and fans to set up (or help) a player in his next stage in life.

I know many players donate testimonial money to charity nowadays but even so, it's like The Punjabi Rams raising money so fans who can't afford a ticket can go to a match... and Niall Horan 'avin a rant on twitter!

It's not about the money, it's about showing our appreciation for a player's loyalty. 

All these years and Fozzy has never had his own song, never been the hero. He's just Mr Dependable. 

I think it would be well deserved.

Go on then, who might be in the all-star 11 from his Derby career to come back and play against our current squad?

Scott Carson

Fozzy (for one half), Bucko, John Brayford, Chris Baird

Craig Bryson, John Eustace, Simon Dawkins

Jamie Ward, Darren Bent, Johnny Russell

(Rooney to put his boots on and play the last 20 mins)

Manager: Nigel Clough

3 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Go on then, who might be in the all-star 11 from his Derby career to come back and play against our current squad?

Scott Carson

Not his fellow Scotsman up top, the kilt wearing, bagpipe blowing, Irn Bru drinking Christopher McMartin?

8 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Scott Carson

Manager: Mac

Grant

Wisdom   Keogh   Buxton   Lowe

Hughes   Hendrick   Bryson

Russell   Martin   Ward

1 minute ago, David said:

Not his fellow Scotsman up top, the kilt wearing, bagpipe blowing, Irn Bru drinking Christopher McMartin?

That would be the dream. I figured he might still be playing at a decent level, so tried to stick to retired players, aside from Bryson (probably retire soon) and Russell (plays in a silly league).

24 minutes ago, angieram said:

It's not about the money, it's about showing our appreciation for a player's loyalty. 

All these years and Fozzy has never had his own song, never been the hero. He's just Mr Dependable. 

I think it would be well deserved.

I'd also add that I bet he's never been on obscene money (as far as football salaries go). I bet he's on a steady 6-8k per week.

Never once do I hear a bad story about him, I don't think you ever saw him in the Joiners Arms photo's (happy to be wrong), he's a family man with at least one child, and a proper professional.