Fozzy Testimonial

Day

Just now, rammieib said:

I'd also add that I bet he's never been on obscene money (as far as football salaries go). I bet he's on a steady 6-8k per week.

Never once do I hear a bad story about him, I don't think you ever saw him in the Joiners Arms photo's (happy to be wrong), he's a family man with at least one child, and a proper professional.

He's got two kids and his missus is a local lass, so will probably settle in the area when his playing days are over. 

6 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

He's still got 13 months to go before he reaches the 10 year mark in a Rams shirt

If with give him a new contract he will be here for his testimonial year. Wouldn't have to wait 13 months, could line it up during pre season.....which Bielik is banned from playing in.

10 hours ago, Crewton said:

Pity the twit sat in front of me at the Birmingham game who said "he's been poo for 8 years" wasn't there tonight. Then again, him and about 300 others in my block weren't there. Obviously thought they'd done their bit by turning up for one game. 

South west upper?

Grimsby Town keeper James McKeown joined them in July 2011, he was given a testimonial game during pre season last summer against Rotherham.

He's having a testimonial year, going round with signed club merchandise to auction off at Q&A nights around the town.

You don't have to wait for 10 years is up.

Don't see why anyone could object to him making a few quid, he's had 3 ACL's, that's 3 seasons worth of appearance, win and other bonuses lost whilst probably not even in the top 5 earners at the club.

Yes it will still be obscene money compared to what us, or even the Grimsby keeper earns, but he's a player that most can probably relate to.

He's not showing off Gucci bags and customised cars on Instagram, there's no £1000 steaks with salt bae giving him a performance. Just a guy with a family, doing his job quietly and professionally.

Exactly the type of player you want playing for your club.

Would be criminal not to extend his contract for a year and reward him with a testimonial, it wouldn't be a contract just to turn up to training either, still more than capable of putting a shift in on the pitch.

Was only a few weeks ago we was gutted about losing Jagielka who's a lot closer to picking up his free bus pass than Forsyth.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

It's not about the money, it's about showing our appreciation for a player's loyalty. 

All these years and Fozzy has never had his own song, never been the hero. He's just Mr Dependable. 

I think it would be well deserved.

Agreed- how about this?

‘He’s got no song from the fans,

He’s got no song from the fans,

He’s got no song from the fans…

One Craig Forsyth, There’s only one…etc’

First part, to ‘The Whole World In His Hands’.

(Please don’t post the ‘Get Out’ meme)

Fozzy is the ultimate professional and comes across as a really nice genuine guy. Gives his all for our club and always has done.

I'll never forget the day he signed and drove himself to Cardiff to make sure he could be with the team. 

I'm pretty sure even if he doesn't get to 10 years, fan power can give him a testimonial. 

2 hours ago, Rammeister said:

Agreed- how about this?

Have you been collaborating with B4?

I appreciate his effort he puts in for the team and he deserves a testimonial and he might be a nice guy as well but I've got to be honest and say I really don't rate him as a  player. 

Has his strengths like his heading and some great crosses, but as an all round player I only thought he was good for us in his very peak under Mclaren.

And to be brutally honest one of the reasons he's been here so long is because he hasn't been good enough to play at the very top end of this division or in the Premier league, he's been a loyal servant and he's won me over abit recently mainly with his efforts though. 

As a winger in a similar mould to Ebosele or any of the wingers who were at the very top end of the spectrum of this league like Bowen at Hull for example he's abit easy to get at, at times.  Also seen him make way too many shanks into touch and unforced errors, at times he does something brilliant but then next time he gets the ball it will be like Fat Andy from the Pub is playing left back tbh. 

Edited by Marriot Ram99

11 minutes ago, David said:

Can you remind me of who our left back was when we have been in and around the top 6? The name escapes me...

I take your point, but in most seasons I've thought either him or whoever we've been rotating him with (Malone or Lowe for example) or one of our wingers have always been our weakest spots. 

Also think most seasons we've got top 6 we've only just been good enough to get into them and haven't been too much better than the midtable sides so I've not really seen us as a top side for this division apart from under Mac 1.

Feel abit harsh slating him too much as the longest serving player at the club and he has his Moments of quality but the way I see it is we've always been pretty weak defensively down the sides, and against pacey and tricky wingers I've never been that confident when they go one vs one against him. 

Edited by Marriot Ram99

2 hours ago, Rammeister said:

Agreed- how about this?

FFS You will have us singing Mull of Kintyre next!!!

3 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I take your point, but in most seasons I've thought either him or whoever we've been rotating him with (Malone or Lowe for example) or one of our wingers have always been our weakest spots. 

Also think most seasons we've got top 6 we've only just been good enough to get into them and haven't been too much better than the midtable sides so I've not really seen us as a top side for this division apart from under Mac 1.

Feel abit harsh slating him too much as the longest serving player at the club and he has his Moments of quality but the way I see it is we've always been pretty weak defensively down the sides, and against pacey and tricky wingers I've never been that confident when they go one vs one against him. 

I would argue that he was our best left back, Lowe had a purple patch but was hampered by niggly injuries and Malone, well Malone was Malone. 

Forsyth isn't a top 6 left back now, we all know that, but as a team we are far from that ourselves so we need to be realistic where we are right now as a club.

Still believe he's more than capable at this level, if we managed to stay up any contract offer would be on merit, not just loyalty to get this testimonial in.

He is a marmite player, like most are, but even those that are most appreciative of him would acknowledge his mistakes, dare I say always has one in him.

Are you going to find another left back next season that could start week in week out, or sit on the bench without kicking up a fuss on a free or very little money though?

Looks to be a calm, sensible, experienced pro to have around the place. 

We will have so many areas that need to be strengthened, especially up top that I think anything that can be saved elsewhere is a no brainer.

23 minutes ago, David said:

I would argue that he was our best left back, Lowe had a purple patch but was hampered by niggly injuries and Malone, well Malone was Malone. 

Forsyth isn't a top 6 left back now, we all know that, but as a team we are far from that ourselves so we need to be realistic where we are right now as a club.

Still believe he's more than capable at this level, if we managed to stay up any contract offer would be on merit, not just loyalty to get this testimonial in.

He is a marmite player, like most are, but even those that are most appreciative of him would acknowledge his mistakes, dare I say always has one in him.

Are you going to find another left back next season that could start week in week out, or sit on the bench without kicking up a fuss on a free or very little money though?

Looks to be a calm, sensible, experienced pro to have around the place. 

We will have so many areas that need to be strengthened, especially up top that I think anything that can be saved elsewhere is a no brainer.

Fair points, I'd probably keep him on no matter if we stay up or go down but if we are still at this level I'm not sure if I'd have him as my starting left back playing every game. 

Guess we will be lucky to even have a club to support really, but if we are still a Championship club and are rebuilding looking to finish Top 10 maybe, then if Buchanan isn't going to be our main left back  I'd then look at signing a new left back. And having Forsyth as back up for Left back and center back. 

Edited by Marriot Ram99

Fozzy has been an outstanding servant to this club. As others have said the mental strength to overcome 3 serious knee injuries is immense. At his peak (13/14 season, 14/15 season) he was one of the best left backs in the league.

When he came back first time he was outstanding, our best player in a difficult start to the season under Pearson before breaking down again.

Second time he came back under Rowett he really struggled, probably his worst season in a Derby shirt, clearly thinking about his knee in everything he did and resulted in him having the turning circle and reactions of a tank. I really thought he was finished at this level. He then got through that spell and under Lampard started brilliantly displacing both Lowe and Malone before getting his third injury.

I think the Fozzy we have now will have outstanding games like against Forest or terrible games like against Birmingham but for what we paid for him he’s been an outstanding signing who deserves praise for his services to the club. Without the injuries I think he would have got a premier league move.