Festy Ebosele - Signed for Udinese

Animal is a Ram

9 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

He's still available and a vital part of the squad for the remaining games, taking the money in Jan would have meant weakening the side, we can't do anything because the EFL only let him sign a 1yr contract and with helping Boro and WW stall the takeover we can't offer new ones......

Meh. I'd rather have kept the 16 year old.

1 minute ago, Rammy03 said:

No because then that would be another player lost and no one to replace them. At least we have him until the end of the season to play games

Maybe. Just seems like we should have tried to do the same as with Plange then, hoped he might sign a new deal when we get bought.

Look at Duncan (who?) signing for Fiorentina!

Edited by RoyMac5

This is such a shame as festy is such a big game changer in the last 20 minutes of games or so. There's still a ton he needs to work on but he's already begun to improve quite a bit this season in terms of his positioning. The squad is just getting gutted and there's seemingly nothing we can do about it. 

Sigh.

Another day another miserable development at DCFC.

I can't blame anyone for either wanting to secure their future or frankly just wanting out of the situation.

Everyone who has wanted to stay and fight, Rooney, coaches, players, staff, non playing staff, all of them, staying is above what's expected and they should receive gratitude for it.

Whatever happens and wherever we go at the end of the season, I've no blame for the people who are caught in this through no fault of their own.

As for Festy, good luck to him. He's been great. Going to be sad to see him playing for Watford.

6 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I heard stuff yesterday -sadly he is initially going abroad then before returning to Watford in whatever league they will be in as we will get peanuts from this instead of multi millions of pounds - the club has lost an absolute fortune 

Do we have him until the end of the season?

Again if I was a prospective bidder I would be lowering my bid as this lad was the one with the most sellable highest capacity of a decent price and I mean in two seasons we would be getting well over £15-£20 million - we produce these players in a very expensive academy and make next to nothing from them in terms of the £60 million or so it costs for a ten year period 

I mean this ducking sucks for us, however it's a great opportunity for Ebosele. I wish him all the best.

All we can do at the moment is take it on the chin. We can't act as though we are traditional football supporters anymore, we're just propping up a community asset in the hope it doesn't go bust, which looks more and more unlikely each passing day. 

I've always championed that we should be excited for these lads, particularly the younger ones, that are getting the chance to get away from this current situation and to further their career. They've played their part this season, no reason they should have to suffer any more than they have to. 

47 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Got to feel for Rooney...
Told by the administrators that no players will leave
Rejects the offer from Everton.
Players sold behind his back.

If I was Rooney I’d duck this club of ours right off, effective immediately. He is being cheated of the opportunity to compete. He is doing everything he can to save our club whilst all those “running the club” are ducking him over behind his back.