Festy Ebosele - Signed for Udinese

Animal is a Ram

17 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

That's standard compensation isn't it for under 24's that have been developed? so is that still applicable even though it is outside the same FA? So pre contract there is same as compensation if he'd just signed for Watford on July 1st? 

That's FIFA compensation.

If transferring to an English club, it would go to PFCC due to having a professional contract.

Notable PFCC cases in the past 6 years being:
Ings - £8m + 20% sell on profit
Tyrese Campbell - £1.75m + 20% sell on profit
Ampadu - £2.5m + 20% sell on profit
Harvey Elliott - £4.3m + 20% sell on

19 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Not sure how the admins are ducking him over on Festy.

They rejected offers in Jan and he’s leaving at the of the season on a pre contract, as we can’t offer him anything because the EFL won’t let us renew his contract.

Unless I’ve got this wrong. There’s not really much they can do.

We should be at a point where preferred bidders are aligned with the club. We’ve been told there are the binnies prepared to deal with everything as well as offering the full asking price.

The longer the administrators sit on their hands we are all exposed to being ripped apart. Get the Binnie brothers deal done, get this ******** claim business in front of the courts and get the embargo lifted. Allowing us to get contracts agreed and signed before we’ve nothing left but Rammie

23 minutes ago, NottmRAM said:

It's what Rooney's reaction will be that worries me. You can only push a person so far.

I said it.

Rooney walking will be exactly what the administrators (Mel) want.

This is probably punishment for Rooney calling the administrators the other day.

As soon as Rooney walks the admins save a big amount per month.

Edited by MackworthRamIsGod

25 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

If his contract is up what can they do?

They could've done more to get us in a position where we could renew contracts, sign players etc. by naming a preferred bidder, securing further funding, actually dealing with the issues at hand instead of kicking the can down the road, and expecting the new owner to take on the issues.

Not sure why everyone's going mad at this. Surely no-one expected him to stay beyond this summer, when we're likely to be in L1? Is he not OOC in the summer? The key was keeping him for the rest of this season in our survival bid, but even if that was successful I expected him to reject a new contract while his stock is high and go somewhere better and earn more than we could offer. 

rynny - - I thought that the EFL blocked Q from naming a preferred bidder (more than once) because of the issue of the parasite 'debts'?

If a wise one here who is more statto/finance clever and analytical (such as 'Ghost of Clough', Alf etc), it would be instructive for them to be able to tabulate these stress sales and squad obstacles.

I'm thinking of the loss of Gordon, Williams, Plange, Festy, Kellyman, Ebosele and the contract players lost (Jags, the summer departures) or not signed because of embargos / EFL tactics - to measure the potential losses such as future player values etc.

We could put documents out and see if there are legal grounds against the parasites and EFL.

Of course, not forgetting to add in the points we would have won with better players we have had to lose - plus the Championship vs. League One revenues disparity in the event of relegation.

That would all have far more substance and measurability than the parasite claims!

C O Y R

Edited by Woodypecker

Festy is but the first and hardly unexpected. He’s, quite rightly and understandably, looking after himself and doing his best by us along the way - making sure he has a contract when his current one runs out but staying with us for the rest of the season. Good for him but galling for us.

There will be others.

The fault lies with boro and wycombe and the efl for making it impossible to name a preferred bidder, for their spurious, anti-football claims and their vindictive vendetta. Without them we would be in a much better place and could have offered festy and others contracts. Doubt he would have taken us up but you never know. At least we could have asked

The simple effect of not being in a position to offer contracts... and still Wycombe/Boro are not happy.

I'm surprised at this one - Festy should wait until the end of the season, not under contract, he will have a number of offers on the table. Here, he's probably going to the first club to offer him anything. Probably give him 5-10k a week, and when he is probably on 1k currently, the lure of the money comes to you.

I bet he hasn't even approached Rooney or Rosenior for advice as well. He'll have an agent telling him to go, because of the £££. 

It all stinks.