Festy Ebosele - Signed for Udinese

Animal is a Ram

Speaking to Derbyshire Live, Rooney said: “I was the same [surprised], I saw the news. I spoke to the administrators first and they were unaware, they said no clubs had contacted the club.

“Then I spoke to Festy [Ebosele], and he was having a two-day break [last week] with his girlfriend. He hasn’t spoken to any clubs.”

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/Derby-rooney-ebosele-udinese-transfer-6616254

Edited by SamUltraRam

27 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

Speaking to Derbyshire Live, Rooney said: “I was the same [surprised], I saw the news. I spoke to the administrators first and they were unaware, they said no clubs had contacted the club.

“Then I spoke to Festy [Ebosele], and he was having a two-day break [last week] with his girlfriend. He hasn’t spoken to any clubs.”

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/Derby-rooney-ebosele-udinese-transfer-6616254

Sue the media sue the Italians and we might as well sue Watford as well 

57 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Where did he get that story from then. Very strange. But pleased to hear that Festy hasn't spoken to any club.

Well Festy might have been seen at Amsterdam airport and maybe there were flights to Italy? Or there's an Irish player just signed, so why not another. Or not sure how to put this in a PC way, the Italians might have mis-identified the person at Udinese's ground?

Edited by RoyMac5

12 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Title: "‎Rooney: "Ebosele was in Italy on holiday", but in the future there is Udinese‎"

"As we told you in recent days, Festy Ebosele carried out medical examinations with Udinese. The Irish footballer, in fact, will not renew his contract with Derby County, which expires next June.

Once released, he can become a new Udinese player. Festy Ebosele has already signed the contract with the Friulian club, only the official announcement is missing. The class of 2002 will earn 500 thousand euros plus bonuses per year. In addition, there will be a prize at the signing of the contract, which will be close to one million euros."

Edited by RoyMac5

48 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Title: "‎Rooney: "Ebosele was in Italy on holiday", but in the future there is Udinese‎"

"As we told you in recent days, Festy Ebosele carried out medical examinations with Udinese. The Irish footballer, in fact, will not renew his contract with Derby County, which expires next June.

Once released, he can become a new Udinese player. Festy Ebosele has already signed the contract with the Friulian club, only the official announcement is missing. The class of 2002 will earn 500 thousand euros plus bonuses per year. In addition, there will be a prize at the signing of the contract, which will be close to one million euros."

Rooney said Ebosole hadn't spoken to any clubs. Well I guess he doesn't speak Italian , so he might have needed an interpreter.  

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Rooney said Ebosole hadn't spoken to any clubs. Well I guess he doesn't speak Italian , so he might have needed an interpreter.  

Ay?

He also didn't say he was on holiday in Italy, although he did say he was on holiday.

• 1 month later...

https://gianlucadimarzio.com/it/calciomercato-udinese-ebosele-firma-news-18-marzo-2022

After the medical examinations carried out more than a month ago, Festy  Ebosele  will sign his contract with Udinese today. The Irish full-back of Derby County, despite Rooney's denials , will be a new player for the Friulian club from next season. His contract with the team will expire on 30 June 2022.

9 minutes ago, Bubbles said:

https://gianlucadimarzio.com/it/calciomercato-udinese-ebosele-firma-news-18-marzo-2022

After the medical examinations carried out more than a month ago, Festy  Ebosele  will sign his contract with Udinese today. The Irish full-back of Derby County, despite Rooney's denials , will be a new player for the Friulian club from next season. His contract with the team will expire on 30 June 2022.

They mean Watford

Can’t blame him for thinking about his future, I hope something changes before he signs for them and we are able to extend it (unlikely I know). What does strike me as strange, based on what info is in the public domain, he seems to have agreed a deal with the first club to come calling. Given the impact he has had this season I’m surprised there aren’t other clubs thinking about this particular rough diamond, maybe it’s to do with the compensation payment and as many have alluded to the potential for him to turn up at Watford via a loophole ?…. What a mess the club is in ? 

5 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Nice too see Watford avoiding a fee in January.  Clearly he had spoke  to them in January then despite Rooney not knowing.  A club like Udinese with the type of play in that league would not suit his play at all. This stinks.  May as well go now and save the wages. I can't blame a young player with a few months left and no sight of a contract looking ahead but this really smells like a shitty background deal and doesn't sit comfortable.

1 minute ago, WestKentRam said:

Can anyone enlighten me on why if he directly signed with Watford once his contract expired with us we would be due compensation, rather than going from Udinese to Watford?

Essentially, Its not a British club his contracts with so no compo and they loan him to Watford - bit like Vydra.  If any potential new owner is letting a player who could be worth 10 million at the end of next season leave on a free rather than add another 5 million to the kitty now and risking two or three more following suit it's goodnight.  Makes no sense so we have no serious bidder.  Get on with calling time on this poo show.

4 minutes ago, WestKentRam said:

Can anyone enlighten me on why if he directly signed with Watford once his contract expired with us we would be due compensation, rather than going from Udinese to Watford?

Teams in the UK are subject to paying the FA's set compensation, as Udinese are outside of the FA's realm they only get charged UEFA's youth compensation that's equalivant to pennies in the pound. We'll be receiving circa £50k for Ebosele, aka less than two Shinnie size fees.

27 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Essentially, Its not a British club his contracts with so no compo and they loan him to Watford - bit like Vydra.  If any potential new owner is letting a player who could be worth 10 million at the end of next season leave on a free rather than add another 5 million to the kitty now and risking two or three more following suit it's goodnight.  Makes no sense so we have no serious bidder.  Get on with calling time on this poo show.

25 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Teams in the UK are subject to paying the FA's set compensation, as Udinese are outside of the FA's realm they only get charged UEFA's youth compensation that's equalivant to pennies in the pound. We'll be receiving circa £50k for Ebosele, aka less than two Shinnie size fees.

Thanks for the replies.

As he's out of contract at the end of this season, if Watford want him why don't they wait until then to sign him?

I assume if they did so themselves directly now before the end of the season, rather than Udinese, it would ironically essentially be 'tapping up' as per the Gibson-Parry Ziege case.

7 minutes ago, WestKentRam said:

Thanks for the replies.

As he's out of contract at the end of this season, if Watford want him why don't they wait until then to sign him?

I assume if they did so themselves directly now before the end of the season, rather than Udinese, it would ironically essentially be 'tapping up' as per the Gibson-Parry Ziege case.

It’s in EFL and PL rules that any out of contract player under the age of 24 that signs for another club results in compensation being paid to the player’s former club to compensate for them developing the player. So if Watford sign him from us they have to pay some compensation, Udinese do as well but a far lower amount. The two clubs (Watford and Udinese) are linked by family ownership so the speculation is that he will sign for Udinese for peanuts then eventually end up at Watford to circumnavigate the compensation rules. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram