Festy Ebosele - Signed for Udinese

Animal is a Ram

Shame but as soon as Mel Morris put Derby in admin, it’s going to happen or at least we are at risk. Plus point is he’s not going to Forest. As long as there is a club next year I will be happy. If we have a club next year we can just start again and sort a new team. Even if liquidated, we will just start again. The team will look very different at the start of next year regardless because of player contracts etc. 

4 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

What's the Watford link?

Same owners?

Effectively. Technically, one's owned by the dad and one's owned by the son, but to say there's been a few transfers between the two would be an understatement. I looked at Transfermarkt, and they list 61 transfers between Watford and Udinese since 2012. Some of those will be the same deal twice (loaned out, and then returning from loan, for example), but even if you only count half of those, that's an awful lot of transfers between two clubs.

So, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Festy joins Udinese, but then winds up at Watford soon after, so that Watford doesn't have to pay the compensation they would need to pay Derby if it was a straight move between two English clubs.

4 minutes ago, JfR said:

Effectively. Technically, one's owned by the dad and one's owned by the son, but to say there's been a few transfers between the two would be an understatement. I looked at Transfermarkt, and they list 61 transfers between Watford and Udinese since 2012. Some of those will be the same deal twice (loaned out, and then returning from loan, for example), but even if you only count half of those, that's an awful lot of transfers between two clubs.

So, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Festy joins Udinese, but then winds up at Watford soon after, so that Watford doesn't have to pay the compensation they would need to pay Derby if it was a straight move between two English clubs.

Another way of legally bending the rules, if only Mel was clever enough to have done likewise instead of spunking all those millions up the wall for……….  duck all but trouble and potential liquidation.

Edited by Ted McMinn Football Genius

11 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

£360k plus 1.25% of all future transfer fees.
£180k on top of that goes to Bray Wanderers

That's standard compensation isn't it for under 24's that have been developed? so is that still applicable even though it is outside the same FA? So pre contract there is same as compensation if he'd just signed for Watford on July 1st? 

Edited by Rich84
Spelling

8 minutes ago, Ramitupper said:

This! Even if liquidated, we’d have the highest attendance in the Derby South division (or where ever). 30,000 against Mickleover Sports - now that would be a spectacle!! 

It would because we would be playing on a recreation ground, not at Pride Park.

26 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

If I was Rooney I’d duck this club of ours right off, effective immediately. He is being cheated of the opportunity to compete. He is doing everything he can to save our club whilst all those “running the club” are ducking him over behind his back. 

Not sure how the admins are ducking him over on Festy.

They rejected offers in Jan and he’s leaving at the of the season on a pre contract, as we can’t offer him anything because the EFL won’t let us renew his contract.

Unless I’ve got this wrong. There’s not really much they can do.

Running out of positives now

Even if we have a club left after all this...it will be in ruins. Everything good about it will be gone or going

Even the likes of Rooney who want to see us through the mess will come to a point where they can't tumble down any lower and sacrifice their opportunities