Luke Plange - signed for Palace & loaned back

Jram

I would imagine if this is true Wayne may have asked Luke and like Dylan Williams he said he was interested and Wayne could not stand in his way just like Dylan. 

I said on here yesterday how I thought it could interest Luke but really hope this is not going too happen unless for substantial money. 

Edited by Rambalin

5 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

They need the money but I won't here its good money, not when a player in League 1 can get 20 goals in a season and be sold for 4-5 million.  Pants down time.

We’ve had our pants down for years anyway. We misheard the whole ‘buy low sell high’ and buy high sell low. Hence we are in this mess, sickening to see our young players go for the square root of bugger all but we’ve always done it.

I can see why fans are annoyed but this is good business.

Signed him for £0 last summer  getting a reported £1m for him now plus a loan back (maybe even for next season too according the the original article). 

Im sure Rooney will have had a say in this, plus the lad is from London so may want to settle back down there long term.

The academy is there to bring in players then sell for a profit, we have managed to do that on a player in less than 6 months. 1.4m for 2 players in Plange & Williams who have little 1st team experience whilst we are in admin so unable to offer them new deals is pretty good business to me.

Edited by DCFC1388

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Nixon was first a few days ago. But yeah DM journo today saying fee and loan back agreed.

Still just paper talk then. Gets a bit more real if it starts appearing on SSN and BBC transfer pages, but doesn't sound like it's done yet.

Hoping it's just to fill a bit of space as they have a minimum quota to fill on deadline day and stories about selling our best talent on the cheap fills word counts easily.

The obvious here being that if/when we get new ownership we could offer him a new contract.

He could play first team football for us, hopefully in the Championship and as a club we could either look to progress or get serious money for him if he continues his development at the rate he is doing so, so far.

It's another sad day if he goes.

9 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

pretty good business to me

It's forced upon us by the situation that we are in but it's hardly something to celebrate.

Those two players - along with others - could have formed the backbone of a great Derby County team in the future.

Or, at the very least, under different circumstances, raised many millions of pounds. Another sad day.